We are 4 plays away from being 13-2.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

The only 2 losses we didn't have a late shot at were Pittsburgh and Indy.  Against Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, and Tampa Bay we had the ball late with a shot at taking a lead if not a walk-off win.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The only 2 losses we didn't have a late shot at were Pittsburgh and Indy.  Against Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, and Tampa Bay we had the ball late with a shot at taking a lead if not a walk-off win.

And would have won the Steelers game if the refs didn't blow the White INT call.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hear ya, man, but there are probably a lot of other teams who can make similar claims.  Bottom line -- we EXPECT to be in every game.  It shouldn't be a surprise.  The record is what they deserve based upon how they've played.  The good news to me is that I think the team "woke up" as a whole during halftime of the TB game.  In the 10 quarters since -- 88 points, 7 punts, 1 turnover.

• Like (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

And Josh had the opportunity to close the deal on every one of those but failed to do so. Once he can execute successfully in those situations, he’ll be unmatched as a QB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

We have a weird thing going.  We either win big or lose in a close one.  

#1 defense, #6 offense, #1 in point differential...  yet only 9-6.   

The Pack, in comparison:  #11 defense, #15 offense, #11 in point differential...  yet 12-3.  

I want to say that we're a better team than our record says we are - except that you are always exactly the team your record says you are.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

22 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

We are 8-1 in games decided by multiple scores. 0-5 in one score games. That is very telling. Sometimes the ball does not bounce your way this year it has bounced the other way every time. 

and last year was the opposite, so the one score game loss problem cuts both ways / breaks even out over time .  as long as Bills are 8-1 in lopsided games its all good.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Don't mention Jax, we underperformed and deserved the L. Tenn, and Tampa were killers because Josh slipped at 1 yard line in Tenn,and the officiating was disgraceful according to objective reporting in Tampa. Not calling the PI on Diggs in regulation was unprofessional. NE in the weather game ran the ball effectively and stopped 2 long drives in the 4th qtr, earning the W. All things considered, 11 and 4 could have been our record because we outplayed Tenn and Tampa.

People usually don't want to talk about how small of a sample size 16 or 17 games is for evaluating the quality of a football team based on their record, and how hugely variance plays into this, more so than a 162 game baseball season or 82 game hockey/basketball season.

This is why peripheral statistics are way more useful in football in terms of making predictions than in other sports.  I guarantee you that Vegas sharps don't see a 9-6 team when they look at the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Every fan base think their team should have won all their one possession losses.

The only one I think we should have won was against Tenn.

The others were either weird circumstances or coming from behind and just didn't feel like we had the juice to do it. 

And Jax just made our line look like *****.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

And if my uncle wore a skirt, he’d be, well, pretty awesome if were actually a kilt…

Love the optimism Jay, you ain’t wrong!  

Cheers and Happy New Year, bud - I for one am pretty darn excited about the next *several* weeks of Buffalo Bills football! 

🙌 🥃🥃 🙌

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.