CDC changes isolation period...NFL now adopts (Bills related for Gabe Davis)

Hebert19

I would think the NFLPA wants the players back as quickly as possible.  The more games they play the more likely they make individual bonuses.  Some of these are big money, I believe Poyer picked up $500,000 with his 5 interceptions, these guys want to play.

19 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Well that wouldn’t effect Josh at all considering he never even got close to him!

Except for the time Judon purposely tripped Josh after the play was over, caught on camera - cheap shot. 

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

If NFL adopts then it could mean Davis back before Atlants game??

1) I don't think the NFL is going to go off the CDC's recommendations.  They will continue to go off their own data.  For example, they said 10 days isolation while I believe the CDC was still saying 14 days.   They said 5 days for an unvaccinated close contact while I think the CDC was still saying more.

I'm not saying the NFL wouldn't like to consider this, but since reportedly 95% of the players are vaccinated and asymptomatic vaccinated players are currently not being tested routinely at all, the NFL's current protocols are effectively already more aggressive than this.

2) there's this from the same source:

"if asymptomatic"

So currently in the NFL, asymptomatic players with covid are isolating for 0 days

Symptomatic players can come back as soon as their symptoms clear and they test negative, or positive with a Ct >35, which theoretically could be less than 5 days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.