CDC changes isolation period...NFL now adopts (Bills related for Gabe Davis)

Hebert19

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beasley has made some important plays this year but he's not had a good year.     The Bills throw the ball like crazy so the catch numbers are going to be there but the yards per catch is ghastly which is why his yards per game is down 20 yards.    He takes a beating for a little guy so he might have hit a wall like high mileage RB.

But hopefully his brief downtime allows him to get healthier and more explosive because 8.4 yards per catch at 75% completion rate is utterly anemic production per pass attempt for a WR of any kind.   

Looking back the entire year, I really can’t think of times in which I thought he should have gotten more yards after a catch. In fact, the opposite is usually true. I see Beasley squeeze every possible inch out of so many receptions, over and over again. Catching balls 4 yards behind the first down marker yet somehow squeezing through a tackle to pick up a first…

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

Looking back the entire year, I really can’t think of times in which I thought he should have gotten more yards after a catch. In fact, the opposite is usually true. I see Beasley squeeze every possible inch out of so many receptions, over and over again. Catching balls 4 yards behind the first down marker yet somehow squeezing through a tackle to pick up a first…

Well your eyes are deceiving you then.  

Consider this:

His receptions per game are about the same(5.5 in 2020 vs 5.4 in 2021).    

But he has produced a staggering 21 less first downs in just 1 less game played.........53 in 2020 vs 32 in 2021.

Last year he was diving between tacklers for extra yards.........this year he's turtled up short numerous times leaving the Bills with a yard or two to convert.

Especially since he injured his ribs.   

And he's down 3.4 yards per reception this year from a decent 11.8 to an anemic, RB-like 8.4 this season.    That's woeful.

Hopefully the week off has him feeling spry going into the playoffs because as McKenzie proved this week they should be getting more from that position.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.