1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

I’ll go ahead and start this thread.  The Falcons ARE NOT GOOD.  They’re not even average.  Don’t be fooled by the 7-8 record.  Their wins:  Jets, Giants, Jags, Lions, Saints, Dolphins (early in the year), and Panthers (with whom they split).  They have a -122 point differential.

What should we worry about?  Patterson as a RB has been good.  Otherwise?  Meh.

Buckle down and take care of business, Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll go ahead and start this thread.  The Falcons ARE NOT GOOD.  They’re not even average.  Don’t be fooled by the 7-8 record.  Their wins:  Jets, Giants, Jags, Lions, Saints, Dolphins (early in the year), and Panthers (with whom they split).  They have a -122 point differential.

Thanks for this. I thought they were a lot better than this based only on their record and Patterson being on my fantasy team. 

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

After some of our losses I will take no team for granted. There have been so many stunning upsets this year around the league.

Plus, COVID. That may be our toughest opponent.

All I see from that list above is that they managed to beat one of the teams that beat the Bills. Like you said - take no team lightly, no matter the circumstance! I am confident that the Bills will be able to handle their business, but I still won't breathe easy until the clock hits 0:00 and the Bills are on top. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Bills match up very well to the Falcons. They don't rush the passer very well, they like to play a lot of man on the outside and on offense their run game is smoke and mirrors rather than straight up power. 

The thing they still do better than average is throw the ball but they are not some dominant passing offense and the Bills D is hard to make a living throwing against. 

I am not worried about this game even with the up and down nature of this Bills team. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Jacksonville is a lesser team then Atlanta so we shouldnt just worry about Patterson.. That is what gets teams in trouble.

• Like (+1) 2

The jags are the worst team in the league by a mile. They beat us.  

it will continue to be all on the OL.  We go as they go.  Anyone can beat us if the OL plays like it did vs jax.  That said, I don’t think we’ll see them play that bad again this season.

It would’ve been nice if the falcons lost yesterday, but they’re in the hunt for that final spot.  We better come to play.  If we do, we’ll blow Them out. If our HC/OCDC put together bad game plans, watch out.  Everyone needs to do their job on a weekly basis

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The jags are the worst team in the league by a mile. They beat us.  

it will continue to be all on the OL.  We go as they go.  Anyone can beat us if the OL plays like it did vs jax.  That said, I don’t think we’ll see them play that bad again this season.

It would’ve been nice if the falcons lost yesterday, but they’re in the hunt for that final spot.  We better come to play.  If we do, we’ll blow Them out. If we HC/OCDC put together bad game plans, watch out.  Everyone needs to do their job on a weekly basis

The New York Giants say Hello!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Greg S said:

The New York Giants say Hello!

Yeah, without Jones, they are that bad.  Not that Jones is great, or even good, but the alternatives are statues and can’t really play QB behind that OL.  With Jones, I’d give the edge to the jags being the worst.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, without Jones, they are that bad.  Not that Jones is great, or even good, but the alternatives are statues and can’t really play QB behind that OL.  With Jones, I’d give the edge to the jags being the worst.  

The Giants offense is flat out putrid. I think they have become the worst team the league. The Jags are horrible but the Giants are giving them a run for the money as far as worst team goes. What's worse for Giants fans is they already announced per WFAN that Judge and Jones are returning for next season.

Just now, nucci said:

come on....how about trap game too? They'll crush them 

Trap game works as well. Coming off a big win over the hated Pats. Letdown or trap game is real. For the record I do think the Bills will win but they (players) need to avoid being overconfident. McDermott always preaches "stay humble" so hopefully they do that and have a good week of practice and then treat the Falcons like they were the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.