GDT: Cardinals at Colts 8:20

Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

why wouldn’t you take another shot to end zone?  those 5 seconds are that important?  

Yeah. I didn’t get that at all. What am I missing? Is it the dreaded and over exaggerated  bad snap or hold? I guess they changed holders. But still seems like by far your best chance to get a TD.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did they really just kick the field goal on 3rd down?  I have to watch animated Game Center as I don't have NFL Network.

Lol.  Yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

Cards really should have tried to score before the 2 min warning. I really don't get their dink-dunk strategy there. Onside kicks are very rare. Alternatively, 3-and-outs forcing a punt are very common and would have given them the ball back.

I know Prater was having a rough day, but I think they should of went for a field goal once they were within range. Then at least if they make it, there's about 3 mins left and you either onside or have a chance of getting a stop and getting it back.

Just now, DapperCam said:

Cards really should have tried to score before the 2 min warning. I really don't get their dink-dunk strategy there. Onside kicks are very rare. Alternatively, 3-and-outs forcing a punt are very common and would have given them the ball back.

Agreed. Bad coaching. You have to look at the clock at 4 minutes when they got the ball and figure out exactly how much time you need to get into FG range and get the ball back, and that is your real clock.  They basically had to score with like 2:45 or so left to have any real chance. 

The colts obviously gave them all the underneath stuff, but they didn’t have enough time for that. 

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to say that if the bills can’t win it all, you gotta root for the colts. They just play so solidly And are well coached, and a wentz redemption story would be something to root for. 

And a missing trophy for Frank

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

No it doesn’t smh 

Oh yeah?  I said ‘likely” not definitely… but Colts will have a cakewalk next two weeks. Chargers remaining schedule is relatively easy. That puts Buffalo in a tough spot if we don’t win tomorrow.  I’m wrong??

Pittsburgh (fully healthy elite D - horrific game plan)

Tampa (OT)
New England (not a real game)
Indy (was becoming best team in the AFC)
Tennessee (Henry was MVP/best team at time - we chose to go for 2) 

Do our losses sound that bad now?  

All of those were 1 score games but Indy.

Jacksonville - every team has had a Jacksonville like loss - not sure how many had 12 penalties for 150 yards

Edited by Big Blitz

27 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s how I feel but apparently that’s the minority. This game hurts us. There’s no question 

I don’t understand how we’re alone in this thought. My opinion, especially with the Colts winning, is that 10-7 won’t get us in. God I hope I’m wrong. 

We can stop excusing Daboll by pointing to our offensive line. The Colts were missing their entire interior and have a below average QB and still put up 20 points against a good defense. At full strength we put up 6 points against the Jaguars. Hopefully we make the necessary change next year.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, balln said:

this edmunds backup rb is impressive. HOW do we not have competent (speed,skill) RBs

He was their starter until he got hurt and the advanced numbers suggested he was one of the best RBs in the league this season (and I think last season too but not sure about that).

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I don’t understand how we’re alone in this thought. My opinion, especially with the Colts winning, is that 10-7 won’t get us in. God I hope I’m wrong. 

The odds of 2 AFC North teams getting to 10 wins is almost zero because they’re either playing each other or when they don’t they’re playing KC twice and the Rams.  Denver and Vegas play each other and also have difficult schedules.  We have tiebreaker with Dolphins.  10 wins most likely gets us in but let’s win tomorrow and not worry about the wildcard.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Oh yeah?  I said ‘likely” not definitely… but Colts will have a cakewalk next two weeks. Chargers remaining schedule is relatively easy. That puts Buffalo in a tough spot if we don’t win tomorrow.  I’m wrong??

We’re the 7th seed……we only need to worry about the teams behind us….Broncos, Raiders, Ravens, Dolphins and Browns. Teams ahead of that lose is a bonus for us. As right now we can’t worry about the Colts, Chargers, Titans, Bengals and Chiefs ……only team ahead of us to worry about is the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We can stop excusing Daboll by pointing to our offensive line. The Colts were missing their entire interior and have a below average QB and still put up 20 points against a good defense. At full strength we put up 6 points against the Jaguars. Hopefully we make the necessary change next year.

my uneducated opinion is that the scheme we run has caused us to pick a certain lineman and maybe then handcuff how to coach those linemen.

Maybe it is time to get away from athletic, outside zone and RPO linemen, and get some big road graders and run more gap and inside stuff.

I also think it is tougher to find truly “athletic” linemen, and easier to find big bruisers. Cody Ford is a perfect example— was supposed to be one of the most athletic linemen in his class. And he clearly is not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.