TNF - 49ers @ Titans

EmotionallyUnstable

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Titans are not good…idk how we lost to these guys.

The false bravado on this thread is almost Vrabel-like.

Yup...not good. 10 wins and had been missing their top 3 playmakers for over a month. Beat playoff caliber teams. Won close ones. And oh by the way...their biggest playmaker (who they were running the risk of over using and burning out before the playoffs) should be back soon...healthy and fully rested. Their defense was though to be amoung the worst in the league in the preseason but plays solid. It's a tough football team led by a guy who...while I can't stand him personally....coaches aggressively and is not afraid to take chances. 

There is really no reason to discredit another team to boost your own. As much as I dislike that team they have the toughness McD dreams of and have over come a lot this year. Are they beatable? Absolutely. Every team is this year. But give them some credit. It will mean that much more when/if we beat them next month.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yup...not good. 10 wins and had been missing their top 3 playmakers for over a month. Beat playoff caliber teams. Won close ones. And oh by the way...their biggest playmaker (who they were running the risk of over using and burning out before the playoffs) should be back soon...healthy and fully rested. Their defense was though to be amoung the worst in the league in the preseason but plays solid. It's a tough football team led by a guy who...while I can't stand him personally....coaches aggressively and is not afraid to take chances. 

There is really no reason to discredit another team to boost your own. As much as I dislike that team they have the toughness McD dreams of and have over come a lot this year. Are they beatable? Absolutely. Every team is this year. But give them some credit. It will mean that much more when/if we beat them next month.

Solid post. If I wanted a bunch of Rah Rah homerism, I’d stick with those lousy Bills Mafia Facebook groups. The Titans aren’t world beaters, but they have elements on their team that we should be envious of. 

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Solid post. If I wanted a bunch of Rah Rah homerism, I’d stick with those lousy Bills Mafia Facebook groups. The Titans aren’t world beaters, but they have elements on their team that we should be envious of. 

Absolutely. I would love a WR like Brown (or Deebo from the 9ers) to pair with Diggs and Davis next year. We need some guys with some fire on this team. 

9 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Im getting so sick of the Titans and their horseshoe up their butts. That game should have been over early (at least 21-0 at halftime). Instead the 49ers and overrated Jimmy G just let them hang around. It was nice that they almost pulled out of the fire by tying it late but the subsequent Titans series and the defensive collapse on that long Tannehill scramble was a total choke. By contrast we havent had 1 iota of luck in any of our close games that we have lost (except bad luck).

So they lucked their way into 10 wins missing Henry and Brown for so long? They were missing 2 starters on the o-line last night.  Instead of giving Tenn credit for hanging around, you say San Fran let them hang around. Plus the Titans beat us straight up. No luck involved. Josh didn't make the play and Tenn did. You make your own luck by how you play. If you're hoping for luck for us to win...good luck.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Agreed 100%.

Excellent post. Vrabel is a top 5 coach in this league if not top 3.

Titans are severely underrated and might win the AFC with Henry.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, McBean said:

Agreed 100%.

Excellent post. Vrabel is a top 5 coach in this league if not top 3.

Titans are severely underrated and might win the AFC with Henry.

He is. He also has a To 2 most punchable face.

While I'm hoping for a Bills/Bucs Super Bowl (would love a rematch where we played 4 quarters)my current picks are Titans/Packers (assuming Henry comes back close to full strength).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Titans are 2-3 in their last 5, so it isn’t like they are lighting the world on fire.

A lot of their wins have involved some luck as well. An OT win against the Colts, won on the last play of the game against the Bills, basically won on the last play of the game against the 49ers last night. 

They don’t pass the eye test, and will be one and done in the playoffs in my opinion. Henry is a big wildcard in all this, but I don’t think you can pin your hopes on a RB coming back from missing months and carrying your offense.

Baltimore is another team like that. Horseshoe up their butt all year.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Titans are 2-3 in their last 5, so it isn’t like they are lighting the world on fire.

A lot of their wins have involved some luck as well. An OT win against the Colts, won on the last play of the game against the Bills, basically won on the last play of the game against the 49ers last night. 

They don’t pass the eye test, and will be one and done in the playoffs in my opinion. Henry is a big wildcard in all this, but I don’t think you can pin your hopes on a RB coming back from missing months and carrying your offense.

Baltimore is another team like that. Horseshoe up their butt all year.

Yea, simply don't agree there. Even going 2-3 with the personal that have had is impressive. They have won games that are close because of their mindset and being able to force errors. That isn't luck. This is a team that is getting healthier and peaking at the right time.

While any team could be 1 and done in the playoffs this year I just cannot see it especially in that stadium with a playoff atmosphere.

What doesn't pass the eye test for me is the oversimplified way you say "a RB" like Henry isn't one of the biggest gamebreakers in the NFL. He's not just "a RB". 

Baltimore, I can agree on. 

9 hours ago, Dopey said:

So they lucked their way into 10 wins missing Henry and Brown for so long? They were missing 2 starters on the o-line last night.  Instead of giving Tenn credit for hanging around, you say San Fran let them hang around. Plus the Titans beat us straight up. No luck involved. Josh didn't make the play and Tenn did. You make your own luck by how you play. If you're hoping for luck for us to win...good luck.

You can worship the Titans all you want but to me they look as inconsistent as the Bills have been. In addition,  I didn't say that they lucked in all 10 wins but certainly into at least 3 of them. They beat us on a slip by Josh on a play that would never go the same way 99/100 times. They beat the Colts in OT after being gifted two horrendous INTs in that game from Wentz. They beat San Fran last night despite being dominated in the first half and being pinned deep right at the end. Also the Titans barely beat the Seahawks and the Saints. Finally the Titans have been blown out twice by the Pats and Cardinals and lost to the pathetic Jets and Texans. I dont think they are much better than us but as I said they have had more luck this year. In the Words of the late great Dennis Green though, if you want to "crown their ass" then go ahead and crown them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.