Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Glad to hear his symptoms aren't bad.

I agree with the part when he says "vaxxed players are playing with covid every week now because they don't test."  Thats horse crap from the NFL.  No one should be playing with Covid and everyone should be testing vaxxed or not.  Anything else is not being safe.  Its horsecrap rules designed to make sure the season plays on and to save money on test kits.

Other than that I think Cole is an idiot and should just keep his ass off twitter.  I respect his right to do what he wants with his body but he doesn't seem to have any regard with how his decisions can affect others around him and his team.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Haze_21 said:

Wait you think cole is better than any of those guys?

He has only done 1 thing better than those guys:

1) catch the balls thrown at him

He has a higher catch percentage than those guys.

Those other receivers are better than him in other ways.

And with the exception of Tyreek Hill, Beasley is much smaller receiver with a much smaller catch radius.   Yet he outperforms those other "superstar" receivers in the category of "catching balls that are thrown his way".    That is the component that makes him so valuable.    He gets open and he catches well.

I got the stats from here:

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/reg/all/receivingreceptions/desc

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

It's pretty sick how everyone has gotten so intrusive about others health decisions. The vax is clearly not working well over time, as predicted as there has never been a successful SARS/coronavirus vaccine. There was more COVID deaths in 2021 then 2020. Stop falling for the politics and wake up. 

Do you know how effective flu vaccines are? Did you ever care to even look up flu vaccine effectiveness? I never took the flu vaccine so I never cared about its effectiveness.

Anyways, flu vaccines reduce the risk of flu by 40%-60%. Vaccines aren't always 100%. They lower the risk.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

It's pretty sick how everyone has gotten so intrusive about others health decisions. The vax is clearly not working well over time, as predicted as there has never been a successful SARS/coronavirus vaccine. There was more COVID deaths in 2021 then 2020. Stop falling for the politics and wake up. 

I don't fall for politics. I just listen to my Dr and family members in the medical field

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He is telling people "You do not want to be like me."

Because he’s missing a tooth?

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Yes, it’s working….it’s just not 100% effective.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Maybe someone ought to bring up flu vaccines to school officials..you know the much more impactful illness to children than covid..and it’s not even close.

If parents aren't already getting the flu vaccine for their children then they aren't going to start now. Kind of the point. Adults don't like to be told they have to do something.

In my eyes, he was selfish and dumb in not getting the vaccine, but this isn’t a place to change that discourse. What I will say however, is him wanting no consequences is the true kicker. And that applies to many people, who are confusing freedom of choice, with freedom from consequences 

Edited by cgg716
  • Like (+1) 2

Didn't McKenzie have the game of his life subbing for Beasley late last year? 

Either way, it's only Wenesday and Omicron is spreading like wildfire. We could be looking at a league-wide pause any day now. I think pretty much everyone not living alone in remote Siberia is going to get it sooner or later, vaccinated or not. Here's hoping the vax provides some symptom relief and that it's truly a milder strain to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing covid has taught me about this country is adult Americans don't like to be told they have to do something. As long as we learn a behavior as a child it's OK. 

Meaning any laws or rules we grew up with we accept, but new laws and rules we deny unless they benefit us in some way.

Wonder if the rule and law makers ever stop and think maybe we have too many of them......just sayin. Yeah times change and requires change, but at what threshold do people just throw up their hands and say enough leave me alone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

3 short weeks ago, only a single case in the USA had been reported. And just like that, with over 60% vaccinated, Omicron spreading like wildfire, at faster rate than any cold or flu virus ever has.

Is there any wonder why there's so much suspicion regarding the origins and spread virus.

Cole will be fine, as are 99.999% of young healthy people who contract the virus.  

Sweeney and Dawkins might take issue with your last statement. 

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You never proved what was fiction you just still keep following the company line without questioning it from a source that never had your best interest at heart to begin with. We have had more deaths in the second year following your science then in the first year without the vaccine. I would say the whole process needs to be reviewed by unbiased authorities as we are no better off now than when this began. We are better off when we question what government tells us not blindly follow like 🐑. The question needs to be asked, why has our government and medical community ignored therapeutics? Why do we wait to treat people till they are very I’ll? I lost an Aunt who was vaccinated and currently have a friend on a ventilator with kidneys failing who I am  probably going to lose. Neither were treated up front, they wait till they are too Ill to try and start treating. Yet other countries start treatments as soon as there are symptoms with great success. I wouldn’t sit on that high horse you have been riding. Time will bear out who was right about this in the end.

Last year we were in lockdowns and working and schooling remotely which reduced the spread. And the people that complained about lockdowns are the same people now complaining that there’s more deaths in 2021, when we’re back open but still have a significant percentage of people willfully unvaccinated for political reasons. Those that complain the most have done the least to end the variants that are causing breakthrough cases.

And it’s no coincidence that the states most resistant to preventative measures have had the largest percentage of deaths from the Delta variant.

96068C39-F6A3-4CC0-9DB9-2BA637983685.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

from a pure football standpoint, (which is the angle we are trying to keep this discussion to) it doesn’t matter to me what Beasely decision was on the vaccine. Players on both sides are getting it all over the league and he does have symptoms, fortunately mild,  so would have been tested regardless. Even the 10 day time frame mandated for his group is not that different considering the soonest any player has returned unless they had a false positive is 8 days (Big Ben) so he would have missed this game no matter what in all likelihood. Vaxxed players are staying on the list just as long. I’m not going to judge him differently from a pure football standpoint, he’s correct that they should test everyone the same way with this variant. JMO

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

from a pure football standpoint, (which is the angle we are trying to keep this discussion to) it doesn’t matter to me what Beasely decision was on the vaccine. Players on both sides are getting it all over the league and he does have symptoms, fortunately mild,  so would have been tested regardless. Even the 10 day time frame mandated for his group is not that different considering the soonest any player has returned unless they had a false positive is 8 days (Big Ben) so he would have missed this game no matter what in all likelihood. Vaxxed players are staying on the list just as long. I’m not going to judge him differently from a pure football standpoint, he’s correct that they should test everyone the same way with this variant. JMO

Bless you, sir.

• Haha (+1) 1

I dont have a problem if Beasley isnt vaccinated or if he has an opinion that differs from mine

I do have a problem that he chose not to which puts the Bills at a competitive disadvantage.  You just knew over the Summer when he was going through his manic fits that this was going to happen before the biggest game of the season.

Then he has the nerve and cry about the 'rules' doing this to him as if he wasnt well aware (and Im sure coaches and teammates made him plenty aware).  

And maybe if he was vaxxed, he wouldnt even have mild symptoms.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

it seems Cole is only having mild symptoms, so it looks like he was right about trusting his immune system.  

No surprise. He's young, probably doesn't have any other health issues like diabetes, and he's in shape. He was always in the category of having the odds in his favor of this not being a serious health issue.

• Like (+1) 1