Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

And he won’t need to test again for 90 days so barring injury he will be good to go for the playoffs (assuming we get in, of course)

Aye, that's the Rub.  IF we get in.

On the other hand, if the Bills "took care of business" earlier in the year against the Titans and Jax, and perhaps took 1/2 of the Pats/Bucs, we wouldn't be having this convo.  Made bed, gotta lie in it

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aye, that's the Rub.  IF we get in.

On the other hand, if the Bills "took care of business" earlier in the year against the Titans and Jax, and perhaps took 1/2 of the Pats/Bucs, we wouldn't be having this convo.  Made bed, gotta lie in it

I’m definitely worried about it. :(

• Agree 1

I’m not going through 30+ pages (half of which have deleted posts). Just listened to McDermotts’ Presser and usual, he said absolutely nothing. 

Is it fair to say he could be back for this game? Others who’ve tested positive on a Tuesday returned by Sunday.. Obvi depending on vax status.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not going through 30+ pages (half of which have deleted posts). Just listened to McDermotts’ Presser and usual, he said absolutely nothing. 

Is it fair to say he could be back for this game? Others who’ve tested positive on a Tuesday returned by Sunday.. Obvi depending on vax status.

He could if vaccinated, but

1) the indications seem to remain (from his Instagram post) that Beasley is not vaccinated - he is distinguishing between himself and "a vaccinated teammate"

2) even if he were vaccinated, Allen Stills (the NFL's CMO) has stated that 20% of the vaccinated players come back sooner than 10 days, meaning 80% don't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No, he’s out 10 days. He could be available for Atlanta but will miss practice that week.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He could if vaccinated, but

1) the indications seem to remain (from his Instagram post) that Beasley is not vaccinated - he is distinguishing between himself and "a vaccinated teammate"

2) even if he were vaccinated, Allen Stills (the NFL's CMO) has stated that 20% of the vaccinated players come back sooner than 10 days, meaning 80% don't.  In general studies, the mean time to test negative has been 20 days, meaning half take longer.

Rapaport tweeted out yesterday that he’s not vaccinated 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Isn't that true with sports in general, and by extension public figures?  

Chatting with your friends and you said, 'boy Mitch Morse sucked tonight'.... you wouldn't say that to his face (nor would I).  Or other things.  Making jokes about a D-back being afraid to tackle, etc...  Any one of those guys would severely kill me in a fight, but it doesn't stop me from cursing a guy after a terrible Offside penalty, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc.

Even being critical of Beasley, I don't hate him as a person.  I like him because he is on my favorite football team and I have cheered for far worse humansI hope he catches 20 passes for 4 touchdowns next time he plays.  

I had to laugh about the 'far worse humans' remark because I'm in the same boat.  

When I read stuff like this, I'm amazed at how arrogant idiocy can be:  "Thank you for those who support. To everyone else, if you don't get what's happening there is nothing anybody can do for you."

But Beas hasn't killed or beaten anybody as far as I know.  And I'll cheer loudly every time he gets us a first time or TD.  I hope he averages 10 catches a game when he comes back.  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think so?  I personally think that Beasley is pretty much a stand-up guy and have no reason to believe he's a liar. 

After the Rodgers stuff came out, I developed some admiration for Beasley; at least he had the balls to speak up about his beliefs, he's not a lying weasel using "but I'd be attacked on social media!" as an excuse and retrospectively claiming freedom fighter status like AR did.

What worries me is that Day 1 of being infected is early days.  Maybe he'll get through it great, and maybe the worst is waiting for him.

While I also admire Beasley for standing up for his beliefs/convictions, a true stand-up guy IMO, also knows when to shut up when causing a needless distraction.

He is not playing because he knew the rules and stuck by his non-vaccinated beliefs.  Now he chooses to blame the rules and not his decision.  That's not stand-up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

While I also admire Beasley for standing up for his beliefs/convictions, a true stand-up guy IMO, also knows when to shut up when causing a needless distraction.

He is not playing because he knew the rules and stuck by his non-vaccinated beliefs.  Now he chooses to blame the rules and not his decision.  That's not stand-up.

So if he was vaccinated he would be playing? You know that how?

We need to let this tool and a couple of others go this offseason. Just can't count on them. If he was vaccinated the protocol is that he'd be back in circulation by Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32911909/nfl-covid-19-protocol-changes-week-15-postponed-games-new-testing-return-play-rules-nfl-navigate-omicron-variant

Also apparently the majority of players are not boosted. Like what the ....?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Again I hope Beasley will be OK because I don’t want any more people to die from this virus.  But to say he’s missing the game not because of the virus but because of rules is simply ridiculous.  The NFLPA and the league figured out the rules, and then amended the rules recently.  Every single player in the league knew those, knew what was expected, knew the consequences.  But Beasley chose to ignore them.  And now pays the price.  It would be akin to him going onto the field, throwing an illegal crack back on a guy, and then telling us the penalty had nothing to do with him not following the rules.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, cale said:

We need to let this tool and a couple of others go this offseason. Just can't count on them. If he was vaccinated the protocol is that he'd be back in circulation by Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32911909/nfl-covid-19-protocol-changes-week-15-postponed-games-new-testing-return-play-rules-nfl-navigate-omicron-variant

Technically possible but highly unlikely. Fastest anyone has returned is 8 days. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

So if he was vaccinated he would be playing? You know that how?

We don't know if he'd be playing or not.  He feels like he could play and if he were vaccinated, per the rules, he may never have been tested to discover it.  Especially as I doubt he would self report.

Regardless, he made his decision and stand up for it.  Stop blaming the rules as his decision puts himself over the needs of the team.  Even though his team supports him, stop trying the distracting, cowardly deflection.

11 minutes ago, cale said:

CDC failed all of us not ringing the bell on the booster more loudly earlier this fall.  Ample evidence is there that 6 mos is all you can count on for significant immunity.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Again I hope Beasley will be OK because I don’t want any more people to die from this virus.  But to say he’s missing the game not because of the virus but because of rules is simply ridiculous.  The NFLPA and the league figured out the rules, and then amended the rules recently.  Every single player in the league knew those, knew what was expected, knew the consequences.  But Beasley chose to ignore them.  And now pays the price.  It would be akin to him going onto the field, throwing an illegal crack back on a guy, and then telling us the penalty had nothing to do with him not following the rules.

Beas didn't ignore them.  He chose the path he wanted to take. He followed the rules.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

“Very frustrating. There’s people’s livelihoods at stake in terms of, you know, people’s jobs ... our performance is judged off of wins and losses or how well a person does ‘X’ or ‘Y’ and some of that is dependent upon other members of the team. That’s why this is a team game. Being able to count on people is important."

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

We don't know if he'd be playing or not.  He feels like he could play and if he were vaccinated, per the rules, he may never have been tested to discover it.  Especially as I doubt he would self report.

Regardless, he made his decision and stand up for it.  Stop blaming the rules as his decision puts himself over the needs of the team.  Even though his team supports him, stop trying the distracting, cowardly deflection.

CDC failed all of us not ringing the bell on the booster more loudly earlier this fall.  Ample evidence is there that 6 mos is all you can count on for significant immunity.

Why?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why?

Personal bias.  🙂  Is Cole going to self-report very mild symptoms that could be anything?  Or is he going to play through them?  I know I would play through them, especially if I felt, as he does, that his symptoms wouldn't stop him playing.

• Like (+1) 1