Harbaugh and two point plays…

LabattBlue

Bold or idiotic calls  

141 members have voted

1. 1. If they miss the playoffs, should he feel the heat

• Yes
    • No

This week I could almost see the logic of liking his chances better to convert a short yardage play VS playing Rodgers in OT...if ot goes to OT. 42 seconds and a TO...Rodgers could work with that.

Last week in a lower scoring game and you have Justin Tucker...odds are probably better at stopping Ben and kicking a long game winner.

In both games I don't think Roman called a very good play. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Lol. You realize they wouldn't be guaranteed wins if they kicked the XPs, right?

They are on the outside looking in because they are a bad team that's insanely lucky to even be in contention at this point.

And this is also true.

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Lol. You realize they wouldn't be guaranteed wins if they kicked the XPs, right?

They are on the outside looking in because they are a bad team that's insanely lucky to even be in contention at this point.

Of course nothing is guaranteed.  I didn’t imply that.  I just think chances are better going to OT.  

I certainly respect the calls.  But hell yeah he should feel the heat.  Everyone in the ENTIRE NFL knows you are throwing the ball to Andrews.  Huntley was pretty effective with his legs.  Anything would have been better than what they tried, TWICE.

• Like (+1) 1

No.  He’s the ONLY reason that team is still in the mix 

8 minutes ago, Process said:

They are on the outside looking in because of injuries and are insanely lucky to even be in contention at this point.

Fixed 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No.  He’s the ONLY reason that team is still in the mix 

Fixed 

What he is doing with a third string line up is pretty damn impressive.  The Ravens had played an insanely crazy set of games this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

It didn't work so he's gonna get heat. Listening to Russo on Sirius, the word is Harbaughs getting killed today on Baltimore Sports talk radio.

My .02: He didn't want to go into OT with Huntley facing Rogers and took his chances. Figured law of averages said it was likely he'd pull off as they missed against Pitt and he was 2 for 6.

I feel like they ran the right play vs Pitt and Lamar blew it. Last night, he had a QB with the hot hand and called wrong play. 

That's why these guys get paid what they do.

12 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This week I could almost see the logic of liking his chances better to convert a short yardage play VS playing Rodgers in OT...if ot goes to OT. 42 seconds and a TO...Rodgers could work with that.

Last week in a lower scoring game and you have Justin Tucker...odds are probably better at stopping Ben and kicking a long game winner.

I thought the opposite. Pittsburgh scored on their last 3 possessions while Baltimore couldn't get anything going offensively in the 4th quarter. They also lost their top CB. Pittsburgh was at home and really feeding off the crowd, they certainly had more energy. I had no issues with the 2 pt attempt.

The reverse was true yesterday. They just stuffed GB on their last 2 possessions, while the Ravens marched down the field and scored on their last 2 drives. It really felt like GB was worn down and now Bal was taking over (with some help from the crowd).

On their first drive the Ravens had 4th and goal from the 3 and chose to go for it. They failed to convert. If they had taken the easy FG that final drive would have been for a 3 point lead instead of a tie. I've seen a bunch of coaches kill their team making stupid decisions like that early in games.

Also with 12 minutes left down just 11 points, the Ravens had 4th and 6 from their own 29. They went for it and again failed to convert. That handed Green Bay 3 easy points. So that's a 7 point swing caused by Harbaugh making two overly aggressive decisions.

Why shouldn't Harbaugh be questioned for poor decision making like that? His team lost by 1 point and he was responsible for a 7 point swing.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.