Harbaugh and two point plays…

LabattBlue

Bold or idiotic calls  

141 members have voted

1. 1. If they miss the playoffs, should he feel the heat

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, BTB said:

The media I heard last night seemed to go easy on Harbaugh.  By going for two, he was the direct cause for two losses

Really?  You are certain that the Ravens would have won both those games in overtime?  How do you know that?  For that matter, how do you even know the kicker makes both the one-point conversions?

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Before I say anything else I will say that I think Harbaugh is a great coach.  McDermott (5-2) has more playoff wins since becoming Bills head coach than Harbaugh(2-4) has since the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012.  Just saying.  Harbaugh win loss record hasn't always been great and he has only won his division 4 times in the 13 years he has been there.  

Close one for me.  Im not sure if I would trade McDermott for Harbaugh or not.  Id like to see how his team pans out if he actually pays Lamar.  Id also like to see how McDermott does the rest of this yeah and next year.

In 14 years he has had 11 winning seasons, 2 .500 seasons and 1 losing season. There is only one better coach than Harbaugh in the entire league for me and he is in our division. Harbaugh is the only guy I'd trade for McDermott for. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think everyone understands that, yes...

Anyway, these 2 close losses should they keep them out of the playoffs, should righteously bite him in the ass.

They were lucky to be in the position to tie---in a shootout with their backup vs Rodgers no less!  Tie the game and get at least another series in OT, instead of gambling the game away on a single play that 50/50 losses the game.

If it’s a “single play that 50/50 loses the game”, how is that any worse than kicking the extra point and going to OT?  That means it’s a play that 50/50 wins the game, too.  Why do you think the Ravens would have had a better than 50/50 chance to win in OT?

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Harbaugh is the only guy I'd trade for McDermott for. 

Not to get off-track, but I’d trade McDermott for Frank Reich, too.

I would've fired Harbaugh after the game.  Just idiotic, and to do it twice?!?  I won't get into it here.. and yes I'm one of the people that hated McDermott going for it against Tennessee.  I think you push all these games to OT and allow your entire team to win it or lose.  Not just one play.  Just my opinion.  

• Disagree 3

14 hours ago, BTB said:

The media I heard last night seemed to go easy on Harbaugh.  By going for two, he was the direct cause for two losses, and now his team is on the outside looking in.  I think he deserves much more criticism than he is getting. 

funny you ask 

I said the same thing about the Titans and  the Jags game.

McD went for the win over a tie and lost both times. 

beyond crappy play calling that is  

I will also blame the Refs for the Tampa loss. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Not for me. I think Reich is a good coach but I think he is the same level as McDermott. A good coach who occasionally has some brain fart game management moments. 

I wouldn't trade Reich for McDermott if I was a Colts fan either. I just think they are kinda equal. 

14 hours ago, Process said:

Lol. You realize they wouldn't be guaranteed wins if they kicked the XPs, right?

They are on the outside looking in because they are a bad team that's insanely lucky to even be in contention at this point.

It's Justin Tucker kicking the XPs.

Its basically a guarantee.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Before I say anything else I will say that I think Harbaugh is a great coach.  McDermott (5-2) has more playoff wins since becoming Bills head coach than Harbaugh(2-4) has since the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012.  Just saying.  Harbaugh win loss record hasn't always been great and he has only won his division 4 times in the 13 years he has been there.  

Close one for me.  Im not sure if I would trade McDermott for Harbaugh or not.  Id like to see how his team pans out if he actually pays Lamar.  Id also like to see how McDermott does the rest of this yeah and next year.

McD is 2-3 in playoffs

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This week I could almost see the logic of liking his chances better to convert a short yardage play VS playing Rodgers in OT...if ot goes to OT. 42 seconds and a TO...Rodgers could work with that.

Last week in a lower scoring game and you have Justin Tucker...odds are probably better at stopping Ben and kicking a long game winner.

In both games I don't think Roman called a very good play. 

Maybe Roman gets canned and we can hire him on as our run game coordinator next year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The two point conversion success rate is 49.6 percent right now. Winning in OT is a 45/45 proposition, with about a 10 percent chance of a tie. So ... basically the same. 

Gotta factor in chance of missed kick…I know, Tucker almost never misses those, but still…

4 hours ago, mannc said:

If it’s a “single play that 50/50 loses the game”, how is that any worse than kicking the extra point and going to OT?  That means it’s a play that 50/50 wins the game, too.  Why do you think the Ravens would have had a better than 50/50 chance to win in OT?

95% the game is tied, vs 50% the game is lost.  In OT you get a full set of downs (at least 1 series).    

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

GB was getting the ball back and had time to get in FG range with Rodgers.  Then comes a coin flip and again you have Rodgers vs. Huntley....  I'd take Rodgers.

Right call, bad execution.

Last 4 series of the "Rodgers vs Huntley" game:

Packers FG

Ravens TD

Packers Punt

Ravens TD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.