Victory Beers đŸș - Spencer Brown!

wppete

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

If you’re not a grown man by 22, you never will be. 

Disagree. I was a work in progress at 22. There is not a clear line you step over on your 21st birthday. I was pretty responsible, but I made mistakes I would not make today.  Life is a process, for everybody. Heck, these guys learn over the course of a season. You’ve probably heard phrases like “by week 16 you’re not a rookie anymore”.  Year two is a huge jump from year one, because you have some idea of what to expect. 

For that matter, it’s true physically as well as mentally and emotionally. Kids just out of college learn what it’s like to play against grown men with wifes and kids and mortgages who have been in NFL weight and conditioning programs for years. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Replace “nasty” with “physical” and see how it feels/sounds. We need to be more physical, and attitude is a big part of that. I have no problem with the term nasty. You can be capable of being physical, but if you’re not naturally inclined to dominate, it’s not worth much. 

Perhaps I have Incognito/Feliciano PTSD with that word. Guys that have an attitude but aren’t necessarily very good. I’m just saying I don’t hear the word nasty used about guys like Quentin Nelson, Brandon Scherff or any of the top guys in the league. Physical for sure-so yes, I want to see the linemen be physical 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I had no idea why he thought taunting was a good idea after playing the way he did today...granted he had it rough with having to basically play LT with no prior experience, but still...

Because he's young, he's rowdy, and plays with an edge. 

A wild young buck.....he'll learn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He quite honestly had the worst solitary performance by an OLman I have seen in a long time. 

Ford can’t play but at least you don’t hear his name called 15 times.

He better find some discipline for next week's game.  He can't be a loose cannon out there and have 50 penalty yards.  Hopefully we get some O linemen back soon.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was disappointed in McDermott's "chat" with him as he pulled him from the game.

He should have chewed his ass off, but didn't.

I think Sean is trying so hard to walk that fine line between being their friend and also pretending he's a disciplinarian.  I don't ever want to see Brown play LT ever again.  And frankly he makes me a little nervous at RT after today's debacle. 

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He stunk today but should learn from it and improve.  

The guy is one of the largest football players i’ve seen.  Just a huge man.

And fast! He gets downfield on blocks so quick, I think he’s going to be special! He has that wow factor to his game, he just needs sometime to get his technique down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Perhaps I have Incognito/Feliciano PTSD with that word. Guys that have an attitude but aren’t necessarily very good. I’m just saying I don’t hear the word nasty used about guys like Quentin Nelson, Brandon Scherff or any of the top guys in the league. Physical for sure-so yes, I want to see the linemen be physical 

I think physicality is the thing we need most, other than, ya know

competence!   We MUST be able to run the ball effectively. There are guys who like pass protection and are more finesse guys (cough
cough
Morse), and guys who want to beat the crap out of you and run the ball down your throat. You need the right blend, and that will be the goal for this offseason.  People scoffed at taking Nelson so high in the draft, but I’m all over that if you can make your OLine solid. Win in the trenches and all of a sudden our RB’s and LB’s are All Pro. 

I love physical/nasty, but I’m not a fan of crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He better find some discipline for next week's game.  He can't be a loose cannon out there and have 50 penalty yards.  Hopefully we get some O linemen back soon.

Agreed, and those Masshole players on the Patriots* always try to get cheap penalties after the play is over every damn time. Brown cannot afford to fall for their crap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ganesh said:

this.  His stats may show that he stunk...but he was nasty....the Bills did score 4 TDs...the guy must have had something to do with that

They want to hate - he was setup to fail but he came in and was energetic and aggressive 

The taunting call was the only one I was like wtf just move on but the guy pushed him first and he reacted 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Simon said:

You think he developed that kind of strength and technique playing video games?

That young man has been working his ass off at a full time job for years; damn right he considers himself a grown man.

People that think chewing out men like that is productive are engaging in projection fantasies; I'm glad McDermott is above it.

As a former manager I had to give grown men ass chewings. Some people would also call it constructive criticism. A grown man would accept/correct his faults, a child would just pout. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

You think he developed that kind of strength and technique playing video games?

That young man has been working his ass off at a full time job for years; damn right he considers himself a grown man.

People that think chewing out men like that is productive are engaging in projection fantasies; I'm glad McDermott is above it.

Worked for us in the Marine Corps... Just sayin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I had no idea why he thought taunting was a good idea after playing the way he did today...granted he had it rough with having to basically play LT with no prior experience, but still...

If I’m not mistaken the guy on the ground gave him a little shot and Brown reacted.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Worked for us in the Marine Corps... Just sayin. 

There's a time and a place for it. I think it's a respect thing. Praise in public, criticize in private. Scream at a dude in game like that, I don't care what player it is, you run the chance of losing him.

Does anybody think he's going to have a good day at the office tomorrow with film?  

Do your criticism when emotions aren't sky high. Tmrw reviewing film, early in the morning, tired, sore, beat up. Let him know he let down coaches and 52 men. Didn't hurt us this week, but next week with the division and possibly the playoffs on the line.  It'll be alright, I haven't seen anything to think he's anything but a good kid, excited and eager to be in a position to start.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.