Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Beerball said:

Nothing of the sort. Are you saying the Bills could've scored at will?

No, I'm asking what you mean. You said the Pats could've scored 21 if they had to.

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

He wore one in the dome against Indy too for some reason. Did wonders for him in that game. 

They can't deflate the footballs anymore, so glove it is.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm with you.  It would be real interesting to know whether he has had any symptoms.  I mean the guy is fully vaccinated AND he has natural immunity from having had covid previously. 

My only question and I hope I don't get put in timeout for raising this, was Dawkins hospitalization a result of a covid infection or a weird reaction between covid and the vaccine?  According to reports he was within a couple of days of having fully completed his vaccine regimen. This means that he got his first shot and then a month later he got his 2nd shot and then was infected about 10 days after the 2nd shot.  Do people really believe that those last couple of days were that critical? You don't think that two weeks after the 2nd shot doesn't contain a little wiggle room?

When I was vaccinated I had a terrible reaction to my first shot.  Six months previously I had  gotten the covid and my doctor explained that my bad reaction - I was close to going to the ER - was a result of my previously being infected.  I bring this up only because Dawkins should ave cleared the protocol by now.

vacc and natural immunity wane. they wane. this has been known for a long time. hence the boosters. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Somewhat perplexed at the Dawkins situation…. You’d think he’d have mild or no symptoms at this point after having it over the summer….wondering if he just hasn’t tested negative yet. 

My cousin has had covid 3 times and was badly sick all 3 times. Once was after he was vaccinated.

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm with you.  It would be real interesting to know whether he has had any symptoms.  I mean the guy is fully vaccinated AND he has natural immunity from having had covid previously. 

My only question and I hope I don't get put in timeout for raising this, was Dawkins hospitalization a result of a covid infection or a weird reaction between covid and the vaccine?  According to reports he was within a couple of days of having fully completed his vaccine regimen. This means that he got his first shot and then a month later he got his 2nd shot and then was infected about 10 days after the 2nd shot.  Do people really believe that those last couple of days were that critical? You don't think that two weeks after the 2nd shot doesn't contain a little wiggle room?

Full immunity can actually take longer than 2 weeks after the 2nd shot to develop.  The "2 weeks" is an average representing a "typical" response.  We used to say "takes 6-8 weeks to build full immunity if you tell your immune system to hurry, and 6-8 weeks if you don't". 

The piece you're missing is that if Dawkins got symptoms 10 days after his second shot, that means he was exposed/infected some time earlier.  Typical for Delta was 4-5 days, range of 2-14 days.  So Dawkins could have been exposed and started incubating covid right around the time he got his 2nd shot or shortly thereafter.

No, Dawkins didn't have a weird vaccine reaction.  The vaccine can not cause you to test positive for Covid.  He tested positive.  He had Covid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Full immunity can actually take longer than 2 weeks after the 2nd shot to develop.  The "2 weeks" is an average representing a "typical" response.  We used to say "takes 6-8 weeks to build full immunity if you tell your immune system to hurry, and 6-8 weeks if you don't". 

The piece you're missing is that if Dawkins got symptoms 10 days after his second shot, that means he was exposed/infected some time earlier.  Typical for Delta was 4-5 days, range of 2-14 days.  So Dawkins could have been exposed and started incubating covid right around the time he got his 2nd shot or shortly thereafter.

No, Dawkins didn't have a weird vaccine reaction.  The vaccine can not cause you to test positive for Covid.  He tested positive.  He had Covid.

Dawkins tested positive within the two week period after his second shot - that means he was exposed days prior to that:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/it-was-one-of-the-lowest-points-i-ve-ever-been

14 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Still no news on Dawkins?! 

Apparently he's a Pro-Bowl player now, so that is news.

But somehow we missed that here at TBD, when did his play this season merit this recognition?

Edited by CSBill
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Apparently he's an All-Pro now, so that is news.

But somehow we missed that here at TBD, when did his play this season merit All-Pro recognition?

He’s not all pro.  He made the pro bowl.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beerball said:

Conditions were not normal, were they?

Well, I'm not reading through the thread. Maybe I misunderstood. I inferred your claim was they could have scored 21 in the game in Buffalo. Conditions limited both teams, but I don't see how that contributes to any assertion the Pats* were capable of more points, but tactically restrained themselves. Obviously, for this coming weekend, you wouldn't put a 14 point ceiling on either team.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Somewhat perplexed at the Dawkins situation…. You’d think he’d have mild or no symptoms at this point after having it over the summer….wondering if he just hasn’t tested negative yet. 

Well, he had severe symptoms last time. I hope not, but does that indicate he is more susceptible to it? Is he the teammate that Beasley was referring to being in the hospital? Again, I do hope not. But past performance (past reaction) is an indicator; he may be walloped by it again?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.