Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

I like to think the lights went on for us now. Have played a lot better since 2nd half against Tampa. Dabs needs to keep balance. Hopefully the light bulbs go off and we start looking like 2nd half team last year. Win out Bills! I truly think we get a solid W kinda like last week. Close game tell the 4th quarter. Go Bills!

5 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

I like to think the lights went on for us now. Have played a lot better since 2nd half against Tampa. Dabs needs to keep balance. Hopefully the light bulbs go off and we start looking like 2nd half team last year. Win out Bills! I truly think we get a solid W kinda like last week. Close game tell the 4th quarter. Go Bills!

I'm happy with how they turned it around, but I did not get the vibe we had turned a corner after Q1 this week. 

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm happy with how they turned it around, but I did not get the vibe we had turned a corner after Q1 this week. 

yup. that OL and off gameplan was down right horrific. maybe the worst all year. whatever. move on. allen has to ascend to take us to promise land. qb league. were over thinkin it

48 minutes ago, Success said:

I have to appreciate not going into a game against the Patriots thinking we will need luck or certain breaks to go our way to have a chance.

It's kind of the opposite.  I feel like the Pats need those things to beat the Bills.  If it's just talent against talent & everything else is equal, the Bills win.

And we have the better QB - finally.

Agree, Pats have won their Super Bowl for the year.  The Bills have much bigger things to prove, going to come out Sunday and show they’re the superior team.  Prior game was a fluke win for them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

About the oline. Have any of you given thought to the fact that it was a very make shift line, in Browns. Are he didn’t know he was playing LT until 2 days before. They held in for dear life literally holding instead of letting JA to get hit. I think it was a calculated risk taken by the coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

About the oline. Have any of you given thought to the fact that it was a very make shift line, in Browns. Are he didn’t know he was playing LT until 2 days before. They held in for dear life literally holding instead of letting JA to get hit. I think it was a calculated risk taken by the coaching staff. 

oh for sure. im just raging on what the hell was beanes plan for back up / swing T - ty nseke was valuable. spencer brown cant play nfl LT. and hes your RT now

and while im at it. what the hell was his plan for TE2 and 3. cuzzzz sweeeny and gilliam cant play

3 minutes ago, balln said:

oh for sure. im just raging on what the hell was beanes plan for back up / swing T - ty nseke was valuable. spencer brown cant play nfl LT. and hes your RT now

and while im at it. what the hell was his plan for TE2 and 3. cuzzzz sweeeny and gilliam cant play

Lol. 

50 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I'm asking because of his play not because I didn't see the two sacks he had in a row.

Where has that been? Healthy scratched every week is where. 

Yeah I mean if Obada having more playing time is what gave the spark for the Dline playing well yesterday, then try it again. I thought they were great and getting pressure, flying all around. Need more of that going forward for sure. 

57 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I'm asking because of his play not because I didn't see the two sacks he had in a row.

Where has that been? Healthy scratched every week is where. 

He's played in eight games and has 3 and 1/2 sacks.  Two of which came yesterday.  He's played four out of the last five games so the coaching staff must see something they like.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

I’ll give you swing tackle but what do you expect out of TE2 for a team with as many WR weapons we have. 

31 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I’ll give you swing tackle but what do you expect out of TE2 for a team with as many WR weapons we have. 

First of all I expect him to make a catch when ball hits his hands, 2nd, I would expect him not to miss blocks like he has. I'm not saying I don't expect mistakes from him, but lets be real here, I'm not exaggerating when I say he has flushed the few opportunities that he has gotten this season down the toilet. It's sad and I hate it for him, but that's the truth

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Where has Efe Obada been? Healthy scratch most weeks?

Does McD play favorites and is that why Obada has been a healthy scratch?

Can he make a difference the rest of the way? They get pressure but very few sacks it seems. 

No, not a healthy scratch most weeks. He’s played in 8 of 14 games and was injured for at least 3 of the 6 that he was inactive.

9 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Where has Efe Obada been? Healthy scratch most weeks?

Does McD play favorites and is that why Obada has been a healthy scratch?

Can he make a difference the rest of the way? They get pressure but very few sacks it seems. 

This team just doesn’t get home. They can be disruptive with their pressures, but rarely finish. I think the leading sack artists this year for our DL are Addison (4), Groot (3), Star (2), Basham (1.5). 

The Bills are 26th in sacks per game with 1.9. 

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This team just doesn’t get home. They can be disruptive with their pressures, but rarely finish. I think the leading sack artists this year for our DL are Addison (4), Groot (3), Star (2), Basham (1.5). 

For whatever reason they have a difficult time tackling a QB. 😁

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

To be fair, their pass defense isn’t predicated on that (sack numbers). It’s predicated on pre-snap disguise, pressure and coverage to force incompletions or bad throws. 

Just now, njbuff said:

For whatever reason they have a difficult time tackling a QB. 😁

Yes Obada should have had 3 sacks but he couldn’t wrap up cam on the one 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

To be fair, their pass defense isn’t predicated on that (sack numbers). It’s predicated on pre-snap disguise, pressure and coverage to force incompletions or bad throws. 

Sacks can be overrated.

Remember how the Dolphins were hurt by protecting Dan Marino’s sack record (most pass attempts in a row without getting sacked)?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To piggy back on this, I think McDermott finds this to be just as effective as sacks. Especially when you play teams who get the ball out in 2 seconds, getting pressure and having length can get the job done. 

For example, the 4th down play vs the Panthers where Hughes tips the pass and hits Newtons arm.

This play doesn’t go down as a sack, but the result effectively was the same.  

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.