Jump to content

12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread


Hapless Bills Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know Spencer Brown had kind of a rough game, but this was his first time ever playing LT in a football game. I thought in that context he showed a lot of potential.

 
On one of his holding calls, he towered over the guy he was trying to block. He just enveloped him.  It was like any average size adult playing against a 5 year old.  Impossible to block him at chest level.  I guess he should’ve just left him alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

 
On one of his holding calls, he towered over the guy he was trying to block. He just enveloped him.  It was like any average size adult playing against a 5 year old.  Impossible to block him at chest level.  I guess he should’ve just left him alone.


i thought at least 2 of those calls were super ticky tack. One was when he almost grabbed a guy‘s head well after the action.  It was unnecessary, but almost looked incidental. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

Although he had a ton of penalties, ( that taunting was a joke, didn't even see where they got that) physically I thought he played solid, there were a few times the whole line actually looked good holding the defenders off. When Boyle came in he did good too even though he allowed that one sack , Josh was holding the ball forever and Burns finally got through.

 

 

His first holding call was him tossing a speed rusher upfield. It didn’t look like holding to me. It looked like he embarrassed a speed rusher and the ref saw it late and assumed it must have been holding. I thought that was a horrible call. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

His first holding call was him tossing a speed rusher upfield. It didn’t look like holding to me. It looked like he embarrassed a speed rusher and the ref saw it late and assumed it must have been holding. I thought that was a horrible call. 

I think that was Brian Burns. He just grabbed him and tossed him out the club. Rag dolled him. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I think that this is a more solid win than a lot of people are giving the Bills credit for. 

 

Stuff to work on? Sure, but how many drives were stalled out by Spencer Brown alone?  There were some miscues from Allen but he did more good than bad.  Davis looked like a legit #2 and Singletary did fairly well. 

 

The Bills definitely got too conservative on first/second down in the second half.  We aren't going to be a clock control team this season.

 

Defense held solid on 4th downs and did exactly what the scheme is supposed to do: Bend don't break.

 

So yeah, solid win. Keep that rolling into next week.

Not that I disagree BUT. They played a lousy Panther O. This game was closer than the score and against a better team the Bills would probably lose. I expected  them to really beat them. Maybe not necessarily a blow out but a dominating performance. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Not that I disagree BUT. They played a lousy Panther O. This game was closer than the score and against a better team the Bills would probably lose. I expected  them to really beat them. Maybe not necessarily a blow out but a dominating performance. 


This game was on the edge of a Bills blowout. They stripped Newton on his one run, but the panthers recovered. They had two near picks. And Newton miraculously hung onto a ball when Obada blew him up on a sack.

 

It’s those types of turnovers that have caused the panthers to get demolished. Just some lucky bounces for them today, otherwise this would have been a laugher.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


This game was on the edge of a Bills blowout. They stripped Newton on his one run, but the panthers recovered. They had two near picks. And Newton miraculously hung onto a ball when Obada blew him up on a sack.

 

It’s those types of turnovers that have caused the panthers to get demolished. Just some lucky bounces for them today, otherwise this would have been a laugher.  

Bills also got a massive break on their touchdown drive on the 3rd.

 

There was a personal foul (horrible call IMO) that prolonged the drive and the bills took advantage and score.

 

All in all it was a fairly even game. Slight edge to the bills 

 

Yards isn't all, but mid way through the 4th Carolina was actually out gaining the bills.

 

I think this should have been closer to a bills 3-7 point win margin IMO

Edited by BillsFan130
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


This game was on the edge of a Bills blowout. They stripped Newton on his one run, but the panthers recovered. They had two near picks. And Newton miraculously hung onto a ball when Obada blew him up on a sack.

 

It’s those types of turnovers that have caused the panthers to get demolished. Just some lucky bounces for them today, otherwise this would have been a laugher.  

Hope you’re right. I’m not so confident after this win as odd as that sounds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Bills also got a massive break on their touchdown drive on the 3rd.

 

There was a personal foul (horrible call IMO) that prolonged the drive and the bills took advantage and score.

 

All in all it was a fairly even game. Slight edge to the bills 

 

Yards isn't all, but mid way through the 4th Carolina was actually out gaining the bills.

 

I think this should have been closer to a bills 3-7 point win margin IMO


That personal foul was huge. That 93 on Carolina was basically baited into it by the Bills. 
 

i will say that this type of game was exactly the same as the pats wins over the bills for the last 20 years. Brady and co would mess around; the Bills would sort of hang around until they did something dumb; and then the patriots would win comfortably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That personal foul was huge. That 93 on Carolina was basically baited into it by the Bills. 
 

i will say that this type of game was exactly the same as the pats wins over the bills for the last 20 years. Brady and co would mess around; the Bills would sort of hang around until they did something dumb; and then the patriots would win comfortably.


Yup. Saw a lot of that by the Jags. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Not that I disagree BUT. They played a lousy Panther O. This game was closer than the score and against a better team the Bills would probably lose. I expected  them to really beat them. Maybe not necessarily a blow out but a dominating performance. 

This was a dominating performance against one of the best pass defenses in the league. 14-31 is a dominating win in today's NFL.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bills were an injured Carolina kicker away from having that a 1 possession game. Let's not forget how fortunate Josh was that his 1st qtr fumble wasn't a scoop td for Carolina. The flag on 93 that extended our td drive was terrible. We got breaks and our OL as usual played poorly. I could care less about point differentials. This team is right now barely a playoff team. We are just not built completely to surround Josh. Beane will have his most important offseason with this organization. OL first and foremost. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

. Let's not forget how fortunate Josh was that his 1st qtr fumble wasn't a scoop td for Carolina. 

 

Let’s not forget that Cam Newton’s fumble that luckily went right to another Carolina player could have been a “scoop td” for Buffalo.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...