On Further Review, Buffalo Bills Have Legitimate Beef With NFL Officials

Scott7975

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Aaron and Patricia better prepare now to get hosed. The money generated for a monster Brady V Belichick SB would be astronomical.  This is the one they've been praying for. The calls will be disguised but enough to steer the outcome. Sorry no State Farm SB this year.  Probably next.

As I've said repeatedly, any conspiracy theory about favoring certain teams because of ratings potential that doesn't include the Cowboys is wrong. Outside of the northeast corridor sports media, there is far, far more enthusiasm for and interest in the Cowboys than any other team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

To much of that going on, it means officials have staked themselves, into skimming, shaving points, and engaging into means with Roger Dodge Goodell.  If Goodell doesn't go to jail when he's out I'd be surprised which is why he's been fighting to keep his job ever since.  He's a crap crooked lawyer for his Purple Gang-era confidant in Bob Kraft nd the two are good friends from childhood.... because, why not.  I mean the alliance was forged in bullets and blood shed in Detroit after all.  

Regarding Utah John's post that you are reacting to here ^^ ...

That is not at ALL what it is. The post on-field ref ball placement adjustments were seeing pop up across the league in all the games are the new "eye in the sky" official. It has actual been a great add for the NFL and is achieving a much higher degree of spotting accuracy. This is fact.

With that said, I hope they add the ability to overturn other horrific calls (like PI or no PI) to the abilities of the "eye in the sky" official.

Edited by 34-78-83

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The officials blow in every game…  unfortunately it’s just the way the league is. However, the officials didn’t cause the Bills to go 3 and out on their first offensive possession in OT though. 

Actually it was the officials fault the Bills went three and out in OT because on 3rd down Diggs was grabbed and pulled at the right shoulder when he broke to the ball by TB CB Davis on the play.  But it, like other infractions, wasn't called. Watch the replay. 

As far as how the league is the Bills have passed over 500 times yet have gotten just two defensive holding calls all season.  That seems impossible for a team that relies on the passing game for the big majority of their offense.

Both calls against Howard of Miami.  One of the league's best corners.  But other Corners, Safeties, and Linebackers of less skill and less experience have not one time held any Bills receiver.  Add in the 4 and 5 receivers sets and statistically its likely over 2,000 receiver/defender encounters.  All without any holding.  Amazing.  But yeah, it's just how the league goes.  At least for some of the teams.  Other?  Not so much it seems.  And honestly saying it's just how it goes isn't good enough.  It needs to be fair and called correctly.  The numbers scream obvious bias against us.  This needs to be addressed and fixed.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Losing to the other team is one thing but losing because of the refs on a non-call that was obvious is a joke.  The NFL is supposed to be a sport not the WWE.

Actually, no. If the NFL was classed as a sport, with individual teams competing against each other, they could be charged under antitrust laws for fixing games. But being classed as a form of entertainment, the teams are technically working in unison for entertainment purposes, so it's perfectly legal for the NFL to fix a game. This isn't a crazy conspiracy theory by the way, but was actually argued by the NFL in a court of law.

The NFL’s own lawyer stated that the league competes in the “entertainment marketplace.” Because NFL football is in fact entertainment and nothing more, perhaps that was why in yet another court ruling, it was proven that the NFL could fix its own games and legally get away with it.

• Like (+1) 1

ACK Yeah this topic is something that fans have zero control over. That being the quality of officiating we are seeing, and the seemingly blatant disregard in not throwing a  flag OR throwing one in a crucial moment and its the wrong or just a bad bad call

the futility of our concerns even if its heard  by them what are they gonna do?,,, Im hard pressed to see the NFL make any significant changes that might impact their CASH FLOW

blown officiating happens but meh fans keep buying tickets and merch we're Good........8*&^%%%^&(*^%$

thats what I think.

m

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

As I've said repeatedly, any conspiracy theory about favoring certain teams because of ratings potential that doesn't include the Cowboys is wrong. Outside of the northeast corridor sports media, there is far, far more enthusiasm for and interest in the Cowboys than any other team. 

But it's about the story as much as the money. A Brady v Belichick Super Bowl to potentially see Brady's career out will be golddust to them.

This is the first time in a couple years I recall NFL analysts from all over calling out the officials in a Bills game. Plus Terry Macaulay, Gene Steratore, Mike Pereira, and even Romo in the booth was like “ I don’t understand how you don’t call that?”. It wasn’t typical handfighting or jockeying for position, but blatant. And both said the same when Wallace got flagged for the phantom PI. When’s the last time you can recall that happening? I’m not a moral victory believer, but the Bills never quit, and Josh carried them all on his back. 

13 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

This is the first time in a couple years I recall NFL analysts from all over calling out the officials in a Bills game. Plus Terry Macaulay, Gene Steratore, Mike Pereira, and even Romo in the booth was like “ I don’t understand how you don’t call that?”. It wasn’t typical handfighting or jockeying for position, but blatant. And both said the same when Wallace got flagged for the phantom PI. When’s the last time you can recall that happening? I’m not a moral victory believer, but the Bills never quit, and Josh carried them all on his back. 

Josh is a rich man’s Jimmy Braddock

4 hours ago, GLP said:

Stop whining about officiating. This team is not good enough to win regardless of officiating.

🤡🤡🤡🤡

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The officials blow in every game…  unfortunately it’s just the way the league is. However, the officials didn’t cause the Bills to go 3 and out on their first offensive possession in OT though. 

No surprises from you.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes, they did.  Davis grabbed Stef's shoulder pad before the ball got there on 3rd down.  No call.

5 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

We've all got a beef with officials.  It's been that way since the days of Jeff Triplette running a busy work investigations, as an IRS Agent, in which a woman almost killed herself due to his mismanagement, and still obtaining a promotion despite being labeled as incompetent.  While, he later gloated at his retirement part of working for the Titans.  Already mde calls for them don't see why he'd ever stopped working for them.  

No we don’t. Their are some that are above being mad about refs. It’s a part of the game and should relearn the same due to tradition.  We should also play all of our games in a snow storm.  I’ve heard rumors of us installing a blizzard machine in the new open aired stadium so we can play every game in terrible weather.  Old school football, how it’s meant to be played!!

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

The PI calls happened after a game in which the officials repeatedly shortened the yards gained by the Bills on runs or passes, by moving the ball back, sometimes more than a yard, from where the ball was when the player was tackled or stopped.

Ka-ching.  Thousands of betting houses cashed in.

I thought I was the only one noticing how every carry to the line of gain seemed to get pushed back a foot or two.   This on top of the Fournette first down.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TuelTime said:

Actually, no. If the NFL was classed as a sport, with individual teams competing against each other, they could be charged under antitrust laws for fixing games. But being classed as a form of entertainment, the teams are technically working in unison for entertainment purposes, so it's perfectly legal for the NFL to fix a game. This isn't a crazy conspiracy theory by the way, but was actually argued by the NFL in a court of law.

The NFL’s own lawyer stated that the league competes in the “entertainment marketplace.” Because NFL football is in fact entertainment and nothing more, perhaps that was why in yet another court ruling, it was proven that the NFL could fix its own games and legally get away with it.

The NFL is a trade association.

To which case are you referring when you talk about the ‘NFL’s own lawyer’?

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

The PI calls happened after a game in which the officials repeatedly shortened the yards gained by the Bills on runs or passes, by moving the ball back, sometimes more than a yard, from where the ball was when the player was tackled or stopped.

Ka-ching.  Thousands of betting houses cashed in.

Everyone I knew took Tampa bay -3.5 ,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.