Emmanuel Sanders knee injury - (update: day-to-day, practicing 12/22)

YoloinOhio

On 12/13/2021 at 3:35 PM, Process said:

Means more Gabe which is probably a good thing. 

But we are very thin at WR now. Diggs Gabe or Cole goes down we are toast. 

If they stay healthy than we probably won't miss Sanders.

They still have Kumero , Mckenzie, Stevenson with Cole being out put McKenzie in the slot & use Stevenson as the kick returner . 

Plus if they continue to include Motor in the game plan maybe the need to use the WR's won't be as much .

Edited by T master

16 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Fair point but as I said there are many factors there, some of which are not directly related to Sanders like weather ( NE game), better pass defenses faced, forcing the offense into shorter throws, Josh finding other targets on a game by game basis. It doesn’t mean he t be productive still with less snaps than Gabe as I propose.

Gave seems to be producing just fine with all of those same challenges 

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

defenses haven’t seen Davis much this season. Game plans will differ. None of this stuff is black and white. There are games where Diggs doesn’t do much. There are games where Beasley doesn’t do jack. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Gabe is who I want at #2 WR. That is reflected in both of my posts in this thread if you read them. Why are you doing exactly as I pointed out in my first response? ( the black or white thing) 😀

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Gabe is who I want at #2 WR. That is reflected in both of my posts in this thread if you read them. Why are you doing exactly as I pointed out in my first response? ( the black or white thing) 😀

Because usually one or the other plays. It’s the definition of black and white. They are seldom both on the field at the same time. 

Edited by WotAGuy

I think I would slide Sanders to the slot in 3 wide sets.  I would also sprinkle in some Mckenzie.  At this point I think Buffalos most dynamic and best group could be Diggs, Davis, Mckenzie, Knox and Singletary.  Davis helps the run game with his blocking.  His frame helps with Rpos and down the field gets past defenders.  Mckenzie brings the jet sweeps.  I like him in the slot with the Beasley stuff and his speed opens other options.  Deep over routes vs man and cover 3 and cover 4.  They make the offense more multiple are harder to defend.  Time will tell but im optimistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yup, apparently Sanders was limited in practice today.  

Diggs, Sanders, and Davis, works fine without Beasley.   Not ideal, if Sanders can be back on Sunday, losing Beas doesn't hurt so much.  

Frankly, Josh has seemed more reluctant to throw to Beasley this season as though he's not as confident that he and Bease see the defense the same way. 

And he seems to have even lower confidence with Sanders.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Frankly, Josh has seemed more reluctant to throw to Beasley this season as though he's not as confident that he and Bease see the defense the same way. 

And he seems to have even lower confidence with Sanders.

I don't think Allen will have a lot of choice.  I'd think the game plan will have a possession passing component, and Sanders will be part of that plan.   Davis isn't the right guy in that role, and neither is McKenzie.  Sanders can do it.  Diggs can, too, but they needs Diggs on the outside, and that's where they need Davis, too.  If Sanders can play, I think he'll be in the slot, and when that's what the Pats give Allen, he's going to have to trust Sanders.  

It's all hands on deck. Bills are going to need to find ways to move the ball, and it isn't going to be easy.  Belichick will be ready for everything Daboll can think of.   I think we're going to see some creative play designs, and the ball's going to find a lot of different people.   I won't be surprised when anyone touches the ball - Kumerow, Stevenson, Sanders, McKenzie.   All hands on deck.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Because usually one or the other plays. It’s the definition of black and white. They are seldom both on the field at the same time. 

We’re talking primarily about this upcoming game without Beasley no?. And in either the 3 wr or 4 wr set (like 80% of our plays), we’re going to have Gabe and Sanders ( if healthy) in there together at times, not back or white at all. The black or white you and so many fall prey to is “if Davis is good then Sanders has to suck”, which is what my entire argument is against because that’s 100% false. Should Davis be the primary #2 in my opinion? YES

37 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

We’re talking primarily about this upcoming game without Beasley no?. And in either the 3 wr or 4 wr set (like 80% of our plays), we’re going to have Gabe and Sanders ( if healthy) in there together at times, not back or white at all. The black or white you and so many fall prey to is “if Davis is good then Sanders has to suck”, which is what my entire argument is against because that’s 100% false. Should Davis be the primary #2 in my opinion? YES

You’re just making crap up now. I never said Sanders sucks. I have given statistical proof his production has fallen off. Gabe deserves to play over Sanders, period. And no, I’m not talking about the Pats game. If they are playing different positions, it’s a moot point because then they can both be on the field at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

You’re just making crap up now. I never said Sanders sucks. I have given statistical proof his production has fallen off. Gabe deserves to play over Sanders, period. And no, I’m not talking about the Pats game. If they are playing different positions, it’s a moot point because then they can both be on the field at the same time. 

80 percent of our snaps seem to be 3 wr or 4 wr on the field. Am I wrong? I think Gabe should be the #2 WR on this team behind Diggs. Do you disagree? In a 3 or 4 WR set with no Beasley, Gabe and Sanders (if healthy) are going to be on the field at the same time a lot. Disagree?

I wasn't asking if YOU were talking about the Pats game but the discussion as a whole was looking at Sanders coming back in time to be there (for this PATS game) in light of Beasley having Covid.

Rrrriiiight making stuff up for sure.

The funny part is we agree on the main point.

17 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

80 percent of our snaps seem to be 3 wr or 4 wr on the field. Am I wrong? I think Gabe should be the #2 WR on this team behind Diggs. Do you disagree? In a 3 or 4 WR set with no Beasley, Gabe and Sanders (if healthy) are going to be on the field at the same time a lot. Disagree?

I wasn't asking if YOU were talking about the Pats game but the discussion as a whole was looking at Sanders coming back in time to be there (for this PATS game) in light of Beasley having Covid.

Rrrriiiight making stuff up for sure.

The funny part is we agree on the main point.

If you do some research and count the plays that both Gabe and Sanders have been on the field together, you’ll see you are just making crap up. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If you do some research and count the plays that both Gabe and Sanders have been on the field together, you’ll see you are just making crap up. 

Beasley just went out this week. I give up on you getting my point that you replied to initially. Gabe has yet to moved to #2 WR on this team, so wtf are you talking about. The whole premise is Gabe getting moved to #2, which I would like to see happen, thus putting a healthy Sanders in the slot at times, or hell even Diggs in the slot at times with Sanders at the other outside position. I have never made crap up to make a point here or anywhere else. You just don't get what I am saying and are arguing with the wind.

Edited by 34-78-83

14 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Why is it always black or white? Sanders or Gabe? Sanders has not “ fallen off a Cliff” but has been less targeted for a whole variety of reasons. Yes I think Gabe should play outside as the 2 and Sanders as one of the slots more often. 80 percent of our snaps seem to be 3 wr or 4 wr on the field.

I would say he is less targeted becasue he can't get open, other then when he finds holes in zone coverage, do you ever see him getting seperation?

Sanders being back, and healthy, would be huge.  

Pats will put Duggar on Knox.  Then JC Jackson on either Diggs or Davis, then bracket the other with double coverage.  That’s what Belichick has been doing much of the year.    

Having a 4th reliable option, whether that RB/Running Game or talent in the slot is a huge help. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, motorj said:

Sanders at slot would be huge

Yup.  I think this could be best core we field tbh.  Love Beasley but the difference is no one respects him going deep from the slot...with sanders that's am option.  And Knox too...so it keeps the safties tighter...and then Gabe and Diggs can feast on outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

Me'thinks (and worries) everyone is going to miss Beasley more than they are right now.  Hope not

He hasn't been himself. Last year Beasley definitely. Old is faster than DK Metcalf chasing you down after an INT. Old catches up quickly.

I'm not too sure I want Sanders in there over Mckenzie either.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.