An Outsiders opinion of Bucs V Bills

PatsFanNH

1. Most important —- Allen is the real thing and he almost willed the team to victory on his arm and legs

2. First Half — not one RB run the entire first half and Allen was getting killed by the rush. Very lucky they were not down 31-3 at half.

3.  Allen was even impressive after getting hurt. Why I PERSONALLY hate QB draw plays open them up to more injuries. You have RB for a reason at least call on them 9-10 times!

4. Impressive second half by the Bills D holding the Bucs to 3 points.. (shocked no real PA Passes by Bucs.. but hey still impressive!)

5.  The 4th quarter was all Bills and I thought they would get that TD at the end to win it.. have to wonder if Allen hadn’t been hurt they score there.

6. facing Brady you have to expect get every last flag against you.. and you pretty much did.

last does anyone know the extent of Allen injury? He didn’t seem to have that burst that he had before he got hurt. 

All and all you should be proud of the fight in your Bills they never gave up. 

• Like (+1) 22
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

I'll be more happy if they stop throwing low percentage fades in the end zone.

We do it so much it's starting to feel like defenses are luring Allen to do it by purposefully sticking one man on Diggs and telling them to mug him.

Edited by delirious
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

Bills made it a game late, few plays decided It as always. 

The running game has to be fixed to a mediocre level for sure, may just be play calling who knows.

Definitely feel the Bills couldn't get a PI and the Bucs got them easy, though in all honesty I was fine with all of them standing as no calls as nothing was egregious. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. Most important —- Allen is the real thing and he almost willed the team to victory on his arm and legs

2. First Half — not one RB run the entire first half and Allen was getting killed by the rush. Very lucky they were not down 31-3 at half.

3.  Allen was even impressive after getting hurt. Why I PERSONALLY hate QB draw plays open them up to more injuries. You have RB for a reason at least call on them 9-10 times!

4. Impressive second half by the Bills D holding the Bucs to 3 points.. (shocked no real PA Passes by Bucs.. but hey still impressive!)

5.  The 4th quarter was all Bills and I thought they would get that TD at the end to win it.. have to wonder if Allen hadn’t been hurt they score there.

6. facing Brady you have to expect get every last flag against you.. and you pretty much did.

last does anyone know the extent of Allen injury? He didn’t seem to have that burst that he had before he got hurt. 

The no call on diggs and then the call tb got in OT was just brutal.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You're the 2nd Pat's fan I can respect. 

Also, the first one I'm not related to. 

Thanks for a good post. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen's fine.  And I'm only saying that because he's proven to be extremely tough and had plenty of burst on several key runs at the end.  

Looked like he got his ankle or foot rolled up on him.  Taped and finished.  He wouldn't have been cleared if it was major.

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

The running game has to be fixed to a mediocre level for sure, may just be play calling who knows.

Definitely feel the Bills couldn't get a PI and the Bucs got them easy, though in all honesty I was fine with all of them standing as no calls as nothing was egregious. 

IMO the game went Buffalo way when they started running it a few times with the RB.

• Agree 1

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

The gronk one in the first half was iffy. The one in ot I probably wouldn't have called. And then diggs couldn't get a call all day. Probably held 3 or 4 times including the last drive before OT.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The gronk one in the first half was iffy. The one in ot I probably wouldn't have called. And then diggs couldn't get a call all day. Probably held 3 or 4 times including the last drive before OT.

These refs didn’t call many defensive holding calls, again though you have to expect get more flags against you when facing Brady led O’s. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

IMO the game went Buffalo way when they started running it a few times with the RB.

Game went Buffalo's way when they adjusted to the TB pressure package, with quick/3 step passes (curls, slants, etc). Mixing in runs was helpful to slow down the def line stunts as well.

I wish they'd run 1 or 2 fades per game, or at least back shoulder the fade and take advantage of the horrible DPI rulings.  Josh sorta tried it, but Diggs wasn't on the same page 2x.

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

For the OP, how does it feel to have the refs on your side for the last two decades?  To us Bills fans, this is a foreign concept....

It was nice get almost every call I won’t lie.. mind you now with a rookie we aren’t even getting some very obvious roughing the passer calls.  (Jones more than once been hit hard and helmet to helmet w no call)

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Success said:

Gotta say - my 1st thought right after the most gut-wrenching game in ages was, "I wonder what Pats fans thought about it?"

Cripes.

Dont go on twitter.  Its like a party over there for Pats fans.  They really didnt like it when we had the audacity to win the division last year.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Dont go on twitter.  Its like a party over there for Pats fans.  They really didnt like it when we had the audacity to win the division last year.  

They get ticked off if we even express hope for the team.

They're not good people.

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t understand why.. nothing has really changed if we lose to the Bills at home the conference still up for grabs.. silly be happy now.

I don’t understand why.. nothing has really changed if we lose to the Bills at home the conference still up for grabs.. silly be happy now.

Probably because it's almost destiny at this point.  The Patriots and Brady will never go away.  It's making it hard to keep watching the NFL right now.  I think last year was our year to get it done but it all went down in flames in the AFCC game.  Now were are looking at losing the division to the Patriots and lucky to get into the playoffs.  With the Patriots ridiculous conference record I think there is no way they aren't the 1 seed.  And once that happens...its basically another Pats super bowl appearance/win.

• Haha (+1) 1

Probably because it's almost destiny at this point.  The Patriots and Brady will never go away.  It's making it hard to keep watching the NFL right now.  I think last year was our year to get it done but it all went down in flames in the AFCC game.  Now were are looking at losing the division to the Patriots and lucky to get into the playoffs.  With the Patriots ridiculous conference record I think there is no way they aren't the 1 seed.  And once that happens...its basically another Pats super bowl appearance/win.

I doubt that. NO ROOKIE QB has ever made it to the SB and KC looks scary good again. I’d say KC has the inside track HF as I don’t see them losing and there are 2 games the Pats could lose Indy and Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I don't even think Pats fans care about SB's that much anymore. They just like seeing everyone miserable.

I doubt that. NO ROOKIE QB has ever made it to the SB and KC looks scary good again. I’d say KC has the inside track HF as I don’t see them losing and there are 2 games the Pats could lose Indy and Buffalo.

I hear you, but there also had never been a 6th round QB who ended up with 7 SB rings and going down as the best QB of all time.  Now I am not saying Mac Jones will even sniff that, but there just seems to be a "Patriots are the globetrotters and the rest of the NFL are the Washington Generals" thing every year.  This TB game, as Bills fans, we have seen this game a ton of times against Brady when he was with the Patriots (basically out of the game...put up a fight...then Brady says hold my beer).  I think with the Pats D this year, if they get homefield they will shut KC down.

I guess it's fitting to have Pats/Bucs Super Bowl.

Just now, Success said:

I don't even think Pats fans care about SB's that much anymore. They just like seeing everyone miserable.

That may be true, but imagine winning for THAT long and THAT many titles...you probably do develop a huge sense of entitlement to the point where if a team dares to compete with you, as a fan you are outraged that they dared to try.

That may be true, but imagine winning for THAT long and THAT many titles...you probably do develop a huge sense of entitlement to the point where if a team dares to compete with you, as a fan you are outraged that they dared to try.

That is absolutely true.  It's a reason I don't envy them, though I envy the success.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Some on diggs were clearly PI. Makes me even more stressed out.

I think Diggs is looking for the flag and losing concentration on the ball.  Need the dog to get the ball.  Rip it away, fight through the defender, make the play.  That post in the third he felt a hold put up his arms to sell a pi.  You can see him lose the ball and wasnt able to find it again until it was too late.  He stays focused on the ball its a touchdown. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, delirious said:

I'll be more happy if they stop throwing low percentage fades in the end zone.

We do it so much it's starting to feel like defenses are luring Allen to do it by purposefully sticking one man on Diggs and telling them to mug him.

You are absolutely correct why call that low percentage play where Diggs could of sat down in middle of field for first and goal with 20 something seconds left dabol calls are horrible l hope this is his last season

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I hear you, but there also had never been a 6th round QB who ended up with 7 SB rings and going down as the best QB of all time.  Now I am not saying Mac Jones will even sniff that, but there just seems to be a "Patriots are the globetrotters and the rest of the NFL are the Washington Generals" thing every year.  This TB game, as Bills fans, we have seen this game a ton of times against Brady when he was with the Patriots (basically out of the game...put up a fight...then Brady says hold my beer).  I think with the Pats D this year, if they get homefield they will shut KC down.

I guess it's fitting to have Pats/Bucs Super Bowl.

Actually a large portion of the fan base has ZERO memory of when the Pats were truly bad.. I mean 1-15 or 3-13 bad.. since 1995 they have had 2 years under .500 and well they are spoiled and don’t realize it’s so unusual have success for this amount of time. 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Apologies if I’m wrong but I thought I saw you on the game thread expressing doubts when someone said the Bills could win in Foxboro! To be honest, I don’t know what Bills side will turn up and that could decide it.

It pains me to say it but the Pats have one of the best coaching units in the league. Switch Belichick and co with McDermott and friends or put Josh in a Pats uniform (sorry for the mental image, all) and there are the SuperBowl favourites.

• Agree 1

Refs aren't always going to call PA. That's why it's important to have some big, physical receivers who can make plays even when defenders are mugging them.

We have some good receivers, and Gabe Davis is bigger, but we don't have a guy like Evans who can go up and get the ball and play really physical.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Apologies if I’m wrong but I thought I saw you on the game thread expressing doubts when someone said the Bills could win in Foxboro! To be honest, I don’t know what Bills side will turn up and that could decide it.

It pains me to say it but the Pats have one of the best coaching units in the league. Switch Belichick and co with McDermott and friends or put Josh in a Pats uniform (sorry for the mental image, all) and there are the SuperBowl favourites.

I asked a question, asking him what he saw made him think they could beat the Pats in NE. Never said they couldn’t just what made him think that when the Bills were down 24-3.. (the Bills looked unprepared at that point too)

I agree the Pats have one of the best coaching groups in the NFL. I believe BB is the GOAT as a HC.. I also agree if you give us Allen they probably don’t have a loss this year.(maybe 1) most of the losses were because they were so conservative early. (Imagine if Allen had a run game to allow him have time to throw)

I asked a question, asking him what he saw made him think they could beat the Pats in NE. Never said they couldn’t just what made him think that when the Bills were down 24-3.. (the Bills looked unprepared at that point too)

I agree the Pats have one of the best coaching groups in the NFL. I believe BB is the GOAT as a HC.. I also agree if you give us Allen they probably don’t have a loss this year.(maybe 1) most of the losses were because they were so conservative early. (Imagine if Allen had a run game to allow him have time to throw)

Yes, don’t blame you on that. If the first half Bills turn up in Foxboro it’ll be a long evening; if the second half Bills appear it’ll be a game. I think Belichick will coach and play call better than Arians though.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, don’t blame you on that. If the first half Bills turn up in Foxboro it’ll be a long evening; if the second half Bills appear it’ll be a game. I think Belichick will coach and play call better than Arians though.

The Bills need that game to be high-scoring.

The OP thinks the Pats still can win in a shootout.  I'd say no way, without also having the turnover advantage.  Mac can put together a nice drive or 2 a game, but he can't keep doing it repeatedly, against a very good D.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

I agree you give a half like that it will be hard for even a healthy Allen to will you beck to victory. BB and McDaniels will also play call better on both sides of the ball

5 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills need that game to be high-scoring.

The OP thinks the Pats still can win in a shootout.  I'd say no way, without also having the turnover advantage.  Mac can put together a nice drive or 2 a game, but he can't keep doing it repeatedly, against a very good D.

I don’t think the Bills D is very good against a well run O and accurate QB who uses PA passes

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree you give a half like that it will be hard for even a healthy Allen to will you beck to victory. BB and McDaniels will also play call better on both sides of the ball

I don’t think the Bills D is very good against a well run O and accurate QB who uses PA passes

Well, what's fun is that we find out soon enough.

WAY too many Pats fans celebrating the division today, at least online.  It would be awesome if the Bills still pulled it out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.