If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

If it is, will you come back and admit you know nothing?

Sure, bump this thread.  But if you and the rest of the tinfoil hat brigade are so confident, why haven't you taken all your savings & bet it on that possibility?  Is it because you hate money or is it because you are just making statements with no foundation?  

I'm way late to the discussion, mainly because I limit my time on the boards after a Bills loss, but I still don't think the NFL is "rigged."

I think the refs are heavily influenced by home field crowds, favor certain players they are familiar with, are wildly inconsistent & need to be held accountable. As much money as the NFL makes, it NEEDS year-round, fulltime refs. 

Officiating crews who get too involved in games, miss obvious calls, or enforce calls inconsistently need to be held responsible. Lastly, I know that allowing PI calls to be challenged didn't go so well last time around, but I still think it needs to be something a team can challenge... only now with better training & protocols in place for when to flag/overturn calls/non-calls.

With all the technology available to the NFL & the amount of angles they can do better. Do I want officiating crews in NY to chime in & call the refs on the field to make every little foul known? No. But when there's a potential game-altering/momentum swinging/outcome-deciding moment, perhaps a bit more effort should be invested to ensure the appropriate call is made.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Sure, bump this thread.  But if you and the rest of the tinfoil hat brigade are so confident, why haven't you taken all your savings & bet it on that possibility?  Is it because you hate money or is it because you are just making statements with no foundation?  

Because the NFL can nudge games, not script them.  If one team stomps the other, no amount of nudging can help.  Likewise, if a team is hellbent on losing (Bills/Jags), nudging can't save them.  That's why I've repeatedly said the league *wants* a NE/TB Superbowl.  Refs are going to nudge games toward that outcome.  But, as I just noted, nudging doesn't assure anything.  The NFL may not get what they want, but they sure as hell are gonna try. (Buf/TB).

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Because the NFL can nudge games, not script them.  If one team stomps the other, no amount of nudging can help.  Likewise, if a team is hellbent on losing (Bills/Jags), nudging can't save them.  That's why I've repeatedly said the league *wants* a NE/TB Superbowl.  Refs are going to nudge games toward that outcome.  But, as I just noted, nudging doesn't assure anything.  The NFL may not get what they want, but they sure as hell are gonna try. (Buf/TB).

No in the Bills Jags game a defensive holding or touch foul I'm sure could have been called.

Anyone want to go through the 4th quarter and see if there was a penalty to be called??????😜

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I'm way late to the discussion, mainly because I limit my time on the boards after a Bills loss, but I still don't think the NFL is "rigged."

I think the refs are heavily influenced by home field crowds, favor certain players they are familiar with, are wildly inconsistent & need to be held accountable. As much money as the NFL makes, it NEEDS year-round, fulltime refs. 

Officiating crews who get too involved in games, miss obvious calls, or enforce calls inconsistently need to be held responsible. Lastly, I know that allowing PI calls to be challenged didn't go so well last time around, but I still think it needs to be something a team can challenge... only now with better training & protocols in place for when to flag/overturn calls/non-calls.

With all the technology available to the NFL & the amount of angles they can do better. Do I want officiating crews in NY to chime in & call the refs on the field to make every little foul known? No. But when there's a potential game-altering/momentum swinging/outcome-deciding moment, perhaps a bit more effort should be invested to ensure the appropriate call is made.

I agree with this and want to add that the One thing the NFL has never had, neither in the past or will in the future, and to me what sucks the most.....is the NFL and their referees imo lack ACCOUNTABILITY.....if they do have some performance grading (yeah they do) but it never seems to make a bit of difference when it gets down to nfl games being blown or not.....and Not just the Bills either.....I guess I put that on the con side of the ledger of being a fan of the  NFL....shrug.

Edited by muppy
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Red King said:

English Translation: The Red King "I know nothing but continue to wear my tinfoil hat & spout conspiracy theories with no basis".  There's always a hedge with you conspiracy bunch because it's all a fantasy in your deluded minds.  

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

English Translation: The Red King "I know nothing but continue to wear my tinfoil hat & spout conspiracy theories with no basis".  There's always a hedge with you conspiracy bunch because it's all a fantasy in your deluded minds.  

English Translation: Albany,n.y. will disregard the entire content of the post because it refutes everything he proposes from his deluded mind, because he can't take off the tinfoil hat.  See, I can completely disregard a reply and try to cover for that ignorance with insults, too.  Though, admittedly, you're better at that kind of willful delusion then I am.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Red King said:

English Translation: Albany,n.y. will disregard the entire content of the post because it refutes everything he proposes from his deluded mind, because he can't take off the tinfoil hat.  See, I can completely disregard a reply and try to cover for that ignorance with insults, too.  Though, admittedly, you're better at that kind of willful delusion then I am.

You are the delusional one.  1st you say that the NFL is rigged then you say it's "nudged".  You dance around with outs in case your delusion doesn't happen.  My opinion is crystal clear: The NFL is not fixed, period.  I don't have to dodge & weave, my position is absolute.  Your position is like jello.  It moves with whatever shape the outcome fits your narrative.   

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You are the delusional one.  1st you say that the NFL is rigged then you say it's "nudged".  You dance around with outs in case your delusion doesn't happen.  My opinion is crystal clear: The NFL is not fixed, period.  I don't have to dodge & weave, my position is absolute.  Your position is like jello.  It moves with whatever shape the outcome fits your narrative.   

Hardly Jello.  Lemmie short form it.  NFL isn't outright scripted, but the NFL has preferred outcomes.  The refs can nudge games by making one-sided calls.  Doesn't help if one team is stomping the other, but in close games like the Tampa one, it can very much sway it.  It's no more unreasonable a theory then yours, which is "Multiple professional refs saw a blatent penalty at a critical moment, and not a single one threw a flag because gross, mass incompentance."

But, we're at an impasse.  Neither is going to sway the other, and the repeated hostility in your replies suggests this thread is not good for your temperment, so I'm going to bow out.

Good day, sir.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The reason I don't get you is that we seem to be living in two different worlds. 

In my world, there has been a 100 year history (at least) of rigging games in baseball (Black Sox), basketball (see indicted ref), NFL (see Frontline documentary, hell look at Rooney and Mara bookie family history), Soccer, Boxing, Horse Racing, etc etc etc. I mean, just look at this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_match-fixing_incidents

So I understand someone coming from a place of "yes, this stuff exists, but it seems to be rogue and I have trouble accepting it at large scale". That's fine. That's understandable. 

But this extraordinary arrogance of "tin foil hat brigade"? Insulting people who are bringing up questions after a very questionable game. 

If I was a dime store psychologist, I would start wondering why YOU are acting so strange and hanging around this thread and keeping it alive. 

Just now, ToGoGo said:

The reason I don't get you is that we seem to be living in two different worlds. 

In my world, there has been a 100 year history (at least) of rigging games in baseball (Black Sox), basketball (see indicted ref), NFL (see Frontline documentary, hell look at Rooney and Mara bookie family history), Soccer, Boxing, Horse Racing, etc etc etc. I mean, just look at this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_match-fixing_incidents

So I understand someone coming from a place of "yes, this stuff exists, but it seems to be rogue and I have trouble accepting it at large scale". That's fine. That's understandable. 

But this extraordinary arrogance of "tin foil hat brigade"? Insulting people who are bringing up questions after a very questionable game. 

If I was a dime store psychologist, I would start wondering why YOU are acting so strange and hanging around this thread and keeping it alive. 

To add to this, look at the Wiki article. Look how much match fixing has been exposed in the last 20 years! This isn't some relic of the past. It's human nature and greed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Nudged, rigged, refs being biased, nfls NY office preferring certain teams to win or to keep games within striking distance…… you think that there is zero% chance that any of the above ever happens?

On 12/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

No in the Bills Jags game a defensive holding or touch foul I'm sure could have been called.

Anyone want to go through the 4th quarter and see if there was a penalty to be called??????😜

There was about 10 false starts not called on the right tackle, I would start there…

Last week when the Bills lost conspiracy theories were all over this board that the refs and NFL were against us and the NFL was fixed. So far not one thread saying so this week, funny how that happens when the Bills win. I'll hang up and wait for your answers.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but the league has nothing to benefit from the Panthers winning or losing at this point this season, so if it was fixed it would have to have been to help the Bills win and therefore increase the importance of next week's game against the Pats***.

I couldn't watch, but I listened to the game. It sounded like there were a few questionable calls on the Panthers in the second half per Murph and E-Wood, including a soft roughing the passer call, so... maybe? 🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.