Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

36 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you're a recipe for disaster 10 out of 10 times. Light the bucs up with allen's arm. 

10 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

‘we’re certainly not going to win running the ball so guess that leaves either passing or maybe just punt on first down,honorably 

McDermott is talking about "running and stopping the run" and similar stupid football jock crap.

If we abandon what we do best, and do NOT pass like crazy, Tampa will kill us.

We need to get back to a pass-heavy offense the rest of the year.

When we play teams like the Jets or Panthers, we'll win by 20-35 points.

And it's the only shot we have at beating a team like Tampa.

Stick to your guns Daboll!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Is anyone still holding out hope that this team can execute against a quality opponent?

Well, I highly doubt this will happen, but I am hoping the Bills can remind of the 1995 Devils, meaning.........

the Devils lost the ECF in 94 to the Rangers and the Devils came back after the strike and had a very uneven 95 regular season and finished a mediocre 5th place in the EC.

Then the light went on once the playoffs started for the 95 Devils and they became the juggernaut road warriors and went on to win the SCC.

Can the 2021 Bills be a version of that Devils team? Highly highly doubtful, but one can hope. 😁

Just now, njbuff said:

Is anyone still holding out hope that this team can execute against a quality opponent?

Well, I highly doubt this will happen, but I am hoping the Bills can remind of the 1995 Devils, meaning.........

the Devils lost the ECF in 94 to the Rangers and the Devils came back after the strike and had a very uneven 95 regular season and finished a mediocre 5th place in the EC. Many many flaws were going on with those Devils, but.........

Then the light went on once the playoffs started for the 95 Devils and they became the juggernaut road warriors and went on to win the SCC.

Can the 2021 Bills be a version of that Devils team? Highly highly doubtful, but one can hope. 😁

27 minutes ago, njbuff said:

the Devils lost the ECF in 94 to the Rangers and the Devils came back after the strike and had a very uneven 95 regular season and finished a mediocre 5th place in the EC.

Good analogy.  

I also think of the '07 G-men. They were so up & down that season.  They got blown out a few times.  NY fans wanted Eli benched for awhile.  We were set to run away with our game against them but botched a special teams play that let them back in it, and they ran over us from that point on.  They lost arguably their best player in Shockey.

NO ONE thought they'd make a run.  And when they got to the SB, no one gave them a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

Anything can happen in the playoffs.  The season is erased, and everyone starts out 0-0 and the rules are the same for everyone: win or your season is over.

If the Bills find themselves at the right time or get on a hot streak of any kind, we could end up in the AFC championship game again, or beyond.

BUT the time for performing is getting close.  We can pass the buck one more week against Tampa, but that's it.

At some point we have to turn the corner and get into that winning groove.

• Agree 1

Best thing for the Bills might be NOT playing in Buffalo in January.  Let’s see how they do in Tampa. As long as they don’t get blown out by the Bucs, they still are playing together and tough. 
The Pats got the perfect weather for them to succeed last night. Most of us know this and so does Belichick. I bet he is praying for terrible weather in NE for the next game. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Best thing for the Bills might be NOT playing in Buffalo in January.  Let’s see how they do in Tampa. As long as they don’t get blown out by the Bucs, they still are playing together and tough. 
The Pats got the perfect weather for them to succeed last night. Most of us know this and so does Belichick. I bet he is praying for terrible weather in NE for the next game. 

The last place I want to play is in Buffalo in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On one hand, I can't believe that the game I thought would be far & away our toughest on the schedule is now a must-win.

On the other, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Why even dream of a SB run if we can't beat the Bucs when we have to?   

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Finally we play a team where the game plan can call for 50 passes and it should be OK.  The Bucs secondary has been really banged up all season. They struggle defending the pass. But they stuff the run so why even bother.  Just unleash Allen in this one.

No matter what a loss at TB knocks us out of a playoff spot. That’s going to be a sobering feeling to look up and be “in the hunt” in a season where we were supposed to be involved in super bowl conversations. All of these write off weeks have long since added up. The playoffs at this point would feel great because I think we are done.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter what a loss at TB knocks us out of a playoff spot. That’s going to be a sobering feeling to look up and be “in the hunt” in a season where we were supposed to be involved in super bowl conversations. All of these write off weeks have long since added up. The playoffs at this point would feel great because I think we are done.

This is incorrect.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How? We are already behind the 2 teams that are tied with us and the colts are already 7-6. Obviously they are going to get the tie breaker over us. They are on a bye. We have no tie breaker over any group 

If SF beats CIN, Bills will still be the #7 seed after next week.

Actually, Cleveland would have to beat Baltimore as well.

Gets into some funky tiebreakers, obviously, with five teams at 7-6.

image.thumb.png.b488ecabc940845edcc59478fe74eca2.png

image.png.bb1c68858f7e18895cd3a26e26d686d4.png

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

The run-the-ball discussion is the most annoying to follow in Buffalo sports. When McDermott, and 90% of fans, talk about the run game, they do not mean that they want us to have a 40/60 pass/run split. They mean that we need to be able to gash the light boxes our passing game invites, to open up lanes and be able to pass better. We get light boxes and still can't get past the LOS with the ball. 

This topic comes on the radio every single day and goofballs at WGR rant about not wanting to be a run first team in the modern day NFL, at an incredibly simplistic level. It's so annoying. Nobody is asking us to play like the Pats did last night

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The last place I want to play is in Buffalo in the playoffs. 

I want this team to be able to play in all elements next year, but it's obvious they can't this year. I'd still take the home playoff game if offered, but I can't say I'd complain if some miracle found them @ LAC, or at least on a mild Tennessee afternoon, on wild card weekend

To me this game is a lot like Bills Titans. We obviously played the best version of the Titans. Henry, AJ, Julio, etc. of course the Pats had to deal with none of those guys pretty sure. Titans physical defense like Bucs. We held our own in that game, should have won, but didnt, but there’s no reason we can’t put up 30+ against Bucs if we did it against Titans (arguably best team in AFC at that time).

The problem is we have 5 losses and we are 0-4 in close games.

And we are 7-1 in one-sided contests.

sooner or later we need to learn how to win a close game against a good team. 

and the funny part is, It’s usually at our own hands fumbling and bumbling all over ourselves at the end of the game, more so than it’s the defenses “stopping” us.  Well… I guess you could also sprinkle in some horrible calls at the worst times by officials. There’s that too

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

The run-the-ball discussion is the most annoying to follow in Buffalo sports. When McDermott, and 90% of fans, talk about the run game, they do not mean that they want us to have a 40/60 pass/run split. They mean that we need to be able to gash the light boxes our passing game invites, to open up lanes and be able to pass better. We get light boxes and still can't get past the LOS with the ball. 

This topic comes on the radio every single day and goofballs at WGR rant about not wanting to be a run first team in the modern day NFL, at an incredibly simplistic level. It's so annoying. Nobody is asking us to play like the Pats did last night

I want this team to be able to play in all elements next year, but it's obvious they can't this year. I'd still take the home playoff game if offered, but I can't say I'd complain if some miracle found them @ LAC, or at least on a mild Tennessee afternoon, on wild card weekend

we are just not built to play in this weather. The 90s team had a solid running game when needed. You can’t have a pass heavy finesse game in our weather. It’s not the QB— the receivers can’t catch anything. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.