McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s fine, but you can’t deny that major coaching blunders in the last 13 seconds cost us that game…there’s just no hiding from that fact…

Yes, they made a mistake by kicking it out of the end zone.  They should have forced them to used some clock on the return.  💯 

McDermott has been a very good to great HC so far in Buffalo…..there’s just no denying that.

this thread is trash.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

Im not denying anything. Are you hinting that someone should be fired?

No, but I’m starting to wonder how many other coaches might be able to reach the Super Bowl with Josh Allen in his prime, on a cheap contract…

McDermott won't be fired, shouldn't be fired.

He's done an excellent job building the program.

However, being a championship-caliber bench coach is a separate skill set that it doesn't appear he has. So if he chokes in the playoffs again next year then he should be applauded for the very real contributions he's made for the organization and be replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

However, being a championship-caliber bench coach is a separate skill set that it doesn't appear he has. So if he chokes in the playoffs again next year then he should be applauded for the very real contributions he's made for the organization and be replaced.

If Mike McCarthy can win a super bowl with his own playoff coaching “skillset,” then we are not lost. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Lol and just who in the hell are you gonna replace him with?? 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Bottom line. McD is likely here in BUF as long as he wants to be, and level headed minds prevail and make these decisions. Those that want him ousted will be disappointed for ATLEAST the next 5 to 10 years. Give it up. Ain't happening. Wasted energy on your part.

The Bills have never had a better head coach in their history.

That's actually more depressing than the loss. With all the young talent in the AFC I can't imagine squandering that many years of cheap prime Josh. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, but I’m starting to wonder how many other coaches might be able to reach the Super Bowl with Josh Allen in his prime, on a cheap contract…

Keep wondering I guess.

This is year 2 of Allen being an elite QB and he’s not even in his prime. The SB window is going to be open for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If Mike McCarthy can win a super bowl with his own playoff coaching “skillset,” then we are not lost. 

Flukes can happen but aren't likely. Green Bay had won three Super Bowls before that. Bills have 0. We're not nearly that lucky. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Lol and just who in the hell are you gonna replace him with?? 

You're right. No one wants to be head coach for a team with a stud quarterback.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? You think that was the only mistake made in that 13 second span? 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, they made a mistake by kicking it out of the end zone.  They should have forced them to used some clock on the return.  💯 

McDermott has been a very good to great HC so far in Buffalo…..there’s just no denying that.

this thread is trash.  

Huh? You think that was the only mistake made in that 13 second span? 

That’s what you took from my post?  Not surprised

Please Scott.  Tell me where I said that.  I pointed out, what I thought to be the biggest mistake of the game.  

you should make your own Mcdermott should be fired thread so you can bump it every time he makes a mistake.   

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus this dumb thread again.  It’s like a rash that won’t go away

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This was a dumb idea before and it’s still a dumb idea now. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

this thread is trash.  

I am afraid the flood gates have opened and tsunami of idiocy will wash over this board for awhile....

• Agree 3

At this moment, this tread, and the sentiment by the title of it and the original poster, is in contention for the worst thread on this forum of 2022.  I'm all for the discussion that it brings and this is what message board are for, just I can't disagree with it enough.

Edited by mjd1001

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t want him fired. Just surprised the kick off is your focus. The biggest mistake was having Wallace guard the boundary as Kelce ran by him wide open up the middle of the field to get into FG range….. just a complete brain fart…. This after a TO from McD. 

He’s a good coach, prepares his team well no question, but man does he coach scared at times and situational football is not his strength. 

Cool thanks for correcting me on my thoughts.  Enjoy your day

McD is somewhat of a magician: took a 13 win/AFCC game playing team and turned it into an 11 win (now 17 game season) that couldn't make the AFCC game, losing to the same team again.

Who would still argue against the contention that he's not a great game day tactician?  

13 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Flukes can happen but aren't likely. Green Bay had won three Super Bowls before that. Bills have 0. We're not nearly that lucky. 

So, who would you replace him with was the question 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD is somewhat of a magician: took a 13 win/AFCC game playing team and turned it into an 11 win (now 17 game season) that couldn't make the AFCC game, losing to the same team again.

Who would still argue against the contention that he's not a great game day tactician?  

some would argue that we were 13 seconds from beating the best team in the league in one of the greatest football game ever played.  Mistakes were made vs a KC team that had an elite all time QB and WR that were able to take advantage of them.  

so now that it’s been confirmed that he’s not a good game day tactician, what do you propose that we do?  

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

"Keep him forever" the Bills fans said of McDermott.

"You never know how bad his replacement will be!"

posters who think McDermott should be fired oughta be mandated to name a replacement and why. Otherwise it's all  hot air as far as Im concerned.

13 seconds away after their HC/DC blew it for their team…. Not much you can do. Firing him would be pretty dumb. Perhaps firing Frazier would be as well, just gotta hope he’s stops being a scared puppy in critical situations and learns how to correct his crucial in game mistakes…. I still think back to when he punted against the Colts in overtime in 2017. That’s who he is deep at his core. 

Right.  He’s scared at his core.  Got it

35 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That didn’t answer my question. Let me put it another way, who’s available and is a better option than McD at this point or for the near future??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.