McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

Instead of complaining about the coach, we should be happy and support a coach who that has giving the BILLS fans a good reason to support the team. Over the last 5 years.  It took this team 17 years to find the correct coach.   

Mc Dermott and Josh  have gotten better every year. I BILLEVE Mc Dermott will continue to mature as a coach.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

THE DYNASTY Start yesterday. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

yeah, lots of talented coordinators that have proven they can coordinate.  

Ummm, I skipped to the end. Is this really a serious conversation? Are people going to be “so done with this team!”? :censored:

Lordy! Talk about some overreaction! It was a game for the ages, we lost after coming within seconds of a miracle victory. Mistakes were made on both sides. We lost. Get over it and move on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

If everyone is being honest with themselves here, the 2021 Buffalo Bills Defense was NOT the best defense in the league.  Yes they were good and statistically they topped the charts.  It helps to play the Jets and Dolphins twice, the falcons and the jags.  I believe a new Coordinator would change schemes and breathe new life into a Defense that looked helpless last night. The talent is there to have played the chiefs much better and have won that game.  

Dont forget WFT and Texans.... Even that powerhouse Steelers offense 

• Like (+1) 1

I have my issues with Coach McD and those issues are his in game decisions.  I do believe he has created a culture change for the better but he needs to shake things up on the coaching staff to include his offensive and defensive coordinators.  Beane and McD are tied at the hip and Beane will not get rid of him and despite my feelings nor should he as of yet.  For those saying who would you hire in place of McD because of the turnover we had in the past and where the organization is now well some Yankees fans  felt that way when Showalter was the coach and replaced by Torre.  Golden State fans  felt that way when Mark Jackson was fired and replaced by Steve Kerr.  I already know McD is not going anywhere but it is frustrating the poor in game decisions he makes.  Once again he has created some stability and I am hoping he can get over the hump like Andy Reid did.  We shall see what next year brings but again while McD is not going anywhere that should not be the case for Frazier and Dabol.

3 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

Instead of complaining about the coach, we should be happy and support a coach who that has giving the BILLS fans a good reason to support the team. Over the last 5 years.  It took this team 17 years to find the correct coach.   

Mc Dermott and Josh  have gotten better every year. I BILLEVE Mc Dermott will continue to mature as a coach.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

THE DYNASTY Start yesterday. 

Thank you for the voice of reason. last year they beat us in the AFCCG. Unfortunately it was a round earlier this year, but I suspect it was the “same” this year. They won, but they didn’t beat us. Last year was not this close by any means. Improvement. It was a spectacular football game, but things just bounced the wrong was. Live and learn. Move on! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ummm, I skipped to the end. Is this really a serious conversation? Are people going to be “so done with this team!”? :censored:

Lordy! Talk about some overreaction! It was a game for the ages, we lost after coming within seconds of a miracle victory. Mistakes were made on both sides. We lost. Get over it and move on. 

The difference is our mistakes were deliberate choices made by the coach, where the correct choice was obvious to everyone including the announcers. 

McD is here to stay.

Bills MUST find a way to win close games.  The closest game we won was a 12-point victory over the Pats.  The games we lost were all close except for the Colts:

23-16 L (Pittsburgh) 7 points

34-31 L (Titans) 3 points

9-6 L (Jags) 3 points

41-15 L (Colts) 26 points

14-10 L (Pats) 4 points

33-27 L (Bucs) 6 points

42-36 L (Chiefs) 6 points

Ouch - lots to grow from there.

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

McClappity shares alot of the blame for that loss.....no squibb kick at 13 seconds, no pressure on mahomes , failure of offense to attack the deep middle earlier.

but i dont want him gone.....we just got off the regime change merry go round....i dont want back on.

i give him great credit for the "culture" change....players have bought in

he needs to improve greatly in strategy, clock management and replay challenges

Well spoken!

failure of our O to attack the deep middle earlier/ no pressure on Mahomes/ I’ll add allowing chiefs receivers a free release @ the line of scrimmage with 13 seconds to go.  
    I think the failure to go for the jugular after Maithu went out & allowing those free releases with 13 seconds to go are still driving me crazy today 

No pressure on Mahomes so well said because there is where the last 2 years of our draft capital sits.   We could have taken Creed Humphrey over Basham…..

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

We lost - get over it and move on. Feels like the Buffalo motto in key games!

Edited by UKBillFan

5 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

McD is here to stay.

Bills MUST find a way to win close games.  The closest game we won was a 12-point victory over the Pats.  The games we lost were all close except for the Colts:

23-16 L (Pittsburgh) 7 points

34-31 L (Titans) 3 points

9-6 L (Jags) 3 points

41-15 L (Colts) 26 points

14-10 L (Pats) 4 points

33-27 L (Bucs) 6 points

42-36 L (Chiefs) 6 points

Ouch - lots to grow from there.

Bills went 5-1 last year in one score games with the sole loss being a fluke hail mary. In general teams records historically revert if they have a strong year in one score games as luck and uncontrollable factors do happen. Most coaches are .500 long term in one score games as it really is unpredictable.

I do not necessarily disagree that there is more to be desired, but one score game W/L is like turnover and swing wildly year to year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I skimmed too.  Yeah, apparently some people really think an unproven coordinator would be the better choice. Overreaction Monday in full effect.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The difference is our mistakes were deliberate choices made by the coach, where the correct choice was obvious to everyone including the announcers. 

Yep, mistakes were made. We lost a game we could have won. Let’s tear it down! FIRE EVERYONE!!!

Or……..we could act like adults, learn from our mistakes and realize that this group has turned the Bills into one of the very best team in the NFL. And we keep getting better.  Only one team gets to win it all every year. We are a serious threat to be that team. Wanting to clean house is an emotional overreaction at best (that’s the kindest way I can put it). 

• Agree 3

Just now, Augie said:

Yep, mistakes were made. We lost a game we could have won. Let’s tear it down! FIRE EVERYONE!!!

Or……..we could act like adults, learn from our mistakes and realize that this group has turned the Bills into one of the very best team in the NFL. And we keep getting better.  Only one team gets to win it all every year. We are a serious threat to be that team. Wanting to clean house is an emotional overreaction at best (that’s the kindest way I can put it). 

Listen to WGR 550 SportsRadio Latest Audio and more on Audacy. Music, news, sports and podcasts. It’s all here. https://go.audacy.com/DX8A8jNx5mb

Go to 28:50 and 30:00. He refuses to answer the question about the squib kick. Claims he takes the blame for the loss but won’t admit that was a mistake. 

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Which direction can they go from first in most statistical categories?

Being first on paper doesn't mean what you think it means!! Did you watch this team play capable offenses? They get shredded every time against anybody decent. They were far from the best defense in reality, just had a very easy schedule as far as the offenses they faced all year. I watched every single snap of every game and they didn't pass the eye test against efficient teams

• Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We lost - get over to and move on. Feels like the Buffalo motto in key games!

Serious question: What else are you going to do? Do you really want to fire everybody? You know, the people who made us into one of the elite teams in the NFL because you’re upset? 

Wanting to vent is natural. I hate it as much as any fan, which is to say a tiny fraction of how much the players and staff hate it. But the “fire everyone crowd” are just being immature and short sighted. Hopefully they can get over it sooner than later, and aren’t TOO disappointed when the smart billionaire owners do the prudent thing and stay the course. Things went against us last night. Mistakes were made. But our trajectory is solid and to mess with that in any major way would be shear stupidity. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Being first on paper doesn't mean what you think it means!! Did you watch this team play capable offenses? They get shredded every time against anybody decent. They were far from the best defense in reality, just had a very easy schedule as far as the offenses they faced all year. I watched every single snap of every game and they didn't pass the eye test against efficient teams

How do you know what I think it means?    You watched every single snap of every game, great me too and lots of fans.   Your eye test means what exactly?

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

…and another thing. Some people on this board spent the whole season saying McDermott’s decision making could be a liability in the playoffs. Then it happens in epic fashion and people like you are still gaslighting us. Well we were right and now you get at least another season of threads like this. If you don’t like it too bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well said...its absurd.  

Same people wanting fire McD for wasting what they see as a sure fire SB are also complaining in other threads Beane sucks.  So if the roster is a SB worthy team, how could Beane suck if he built this team?  LMAO.  Its going to be a LONG offseason of insanity and ridiculous threads.

Like what Knox said about Allen..."anyone still doubting him doesn't seem to know a lot about football".  I say the same thing...anyone looking at McD and Beane as having done a bad job and needing to be fired, doesn't know as much about football as they think.  Not only would McD and Beane both be the top candidates for every open position in the NFL right now if we fired them, but I bet you there are some teams who did NOT fire their HC or GM that would fire them to hire McD or Beane if either suddenly came available tomorrow (which neither is going anywhere obviously).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.