McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Keep wondering I guess.

This is year 2 of Allen being an elite QB and he’s not even in his prime. The SB window is going to be open for a while. 

And how many years will it be ok for poor coaching to keep us from reaching and winning a Super Bowl?  This was an absolutely perfect opportunity for us to win it. No one has any idea how many other opportunities like this we will have...what happened last night was inexcusable and unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t think mr.clapper time should end. Concerning  to me is Leslie Frazier, is still hired at one bills drive.  Can someone do  a Los Angels Kings moment when they locked Darrel Sutter out of the Locker-room?  Maybe they lock him out of the building, change the locks on the doors so his keys don’t work?  This guy has cost us time and time again.

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So, who would you replace him with was the question 

I'd have to see who's available after the 2022 season. There are many very talented young coaches out there, maybe the most there has ever been. With Allen, Buffalo could choose whoever they want.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

As The Chat world Turns

this conjecture is going nowhere lol McD will not be replaced after this season.  Its laughable IMO.  Grass is always greener.....................HEY he could be the next #17 in  coaches body ohhhh baby baby!

**smirk**

@-@

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That didn’t answer my question. Let me put it another way, who’s available and is a better option than McD at this point or for the near future??

Like I said above, there are as many talented young coaches out there as ever who would love nothing more than to be a HC of a team with a quarterback like Allen.

McDermott is a good manager Monday through Saturday but not a good gameday coach. That's what this team needs now.

I'd give him 2022 to redeem himself and prove otherwise but that's it.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'd have to see who's available after the 2022 season. There are many very talented young coaches out there, maybe the most there has ever been. With Allen, Buffalo could choose whoever they want.

yeah, lots of talented coordinators that have proven they can coordinate.  

• Like (+1) 1

McClappity shares alot of the blame for that loss.....no squibb kick at 13 seconds, no pressure on mahomes , failure of offense to attack the deep middle earlier.

but i dont want him gone.....we just got off the regime change merry go round....i dont want back on.

i give him great credit for the "culture" change....players have bought in

he needs to improve greatly in strategy, clock management and replay challenges

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's not going anywhere but he should take this crushing loss as something he could have avoided. His decisions were that of a coach who kept making the same mistakes, thinking the results would change. Kicking the ball into the end zone with 13 seconds, rushing 4, letting the KC's playmakers get free releases without bumping or holding them with 10 seconds left. Sean was clueless and can own this devastating loss after Josh saved us time after time. Shame on Sean. Bills fans will suffer for his egregious mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 4

For me at the end of the day coaching is big but what's even bigger is talent. All we had to do was get a sack on mahomes to end the game or break up 2 passes. I don't care what scheme were in the players on the field HAVE to make those plays. How is Kelce open 19 yards downfield? How is Tyreek Hill ever open? Where were our All pro safeties? 

Beane is not going to move on from McDermott after how close they were to beating KC.

McDermott is unlikely to move on from Frazier unless another team hires him away.

As fans, all we can hope for is that they make the right moves this off season and this team is better next season. And if KC has to travel to Buffalo in the playoffs...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Which direction can they go from first in most statistical categories?

If everyone is being honest with themselves here, the 2021 Buffalo Bills Defense was NOT the best defense in the league.  Yes they were good and statistically they topped the charts.  It helps to play the Jets and Dolphins twice, the falcons and the jags.  I believe a new Coordinator would change schemes and breathe new life into a Defense that looked helpless last night. The talent is there to have played the chiefs much better and have won that game.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

If everyone is being honest with themselves here, the 2021 Buffalo Bills Defense was NOT the best defense in the league.  Yes they were good and statistically they topped the charts.  It helps to play the Jets and Dolphins twice, the falcons and the jags.  I believe a new Coordinator would change schemes and breathe new life into a Defense that looked helpless last night. The talent is there to have played the chiefs much better and have won that game.  

I have a different view.   They had a great season.   They had a great game in KC earlier in the season.  They got some stops yesterday but struggled on 3rd downs and got worn out.  The players did enough to win the game, if they just called those last two plays with 13 seconds left better we would be talking about playing the Bengals right now.   Not saying they cannot make some kind of incremental improvement but the play calls in certain situations was the problem and I think that can be imrpoved.

25 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I have a different view.   They had a great season.   They had a great game in KC earlier in the season.  They got some stops yesterday but struggled on 3rd downs and got worn out.  The players did enough to win the game, if they just called those last two plays with 13 seconds left better we would be talking about playing the Bengals right now.   Not saying they cannot make some kind of incremental improvement but the play calls in certain situations was the problem and I think that can be imrpoved.

Boy do I ever agree with this statement.  I would like to think the finally say was up to McDermott on the kickoff and the coverage on the following 2 pass plays but I don't know that.  I definitely think a change of some sort that shakes this team a little bit is in order.  My belief is the looking at the Coordinator positions.  Frasier and even Daboll should be on the hit seat.  I didn't agree with how much Daboll ran motor in the first half.  Never take the game out of your best players hands.  Luckily he came to his senses.  Frasier on the other hand did himself no favors with the coverages he installed yesterday.  

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

McClappity shares alot of the blame for that loss.....no squibb kick at 13 seconds, no pressure on mahomes , failure of offense to attack the deep middle earlier.

but i dont want him gone.....we just got off the regime change merry go round....i dont want back on.

i give him great credit for the "culture" change....players have bought in

he needs to improve greatly in strategy, clock management and replay challenges

Exactly,  right now I require a little less process and culture. But good Lord improve your bonehead game decisions.  Last night not popping up that kickoff was incredibly stupid. Hill wasn't even back there. Signal to Bass and your unit what to do.

No.  Relying on a undrafted FA who couldnt get a starting job elsewhere in FA, and a first year 7th rounder at corner got the Bills beat.  Mcdermott is a good coach.  The scheme he runs has been successful.  Buffalo needs better corners to beat Kc and probably Cincy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.