Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Just now, BillStime said:

Perhaps but I’m on the right side of history trying to protect and preserve our democratic republic while the cult - the fringe - is on the wrong the side who would be more than willing see communism and fascism take over the world.

Are patsys really on the right side of anything?  Your obsession with steering everything toward Trump seems to mean that you are either a paid bot for Trump to stir up the base, or you a cartoon of a person, at least on this message board.  And I agree with you, the guy is a POS, but I'm not sure that ANY of what you do on this site is in the best interest of our democracy.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Are patsys really on the right side of anything?  Your obsession with steering everything toward Trump seems to mean that you are either a paid bot for Trump to stir up the base, or you a cartoon of a person, at least on this message board.  And I agree with you, the guy is a POS, but I'm not sure that ANY of what you do on this site is in the best interest of our democracy.  

The scary thing is they believe they're on the right side of history and that it thus justifies their illogical/feelzy actions, which inevitably lead to bad outcomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

The scary thing is they believe they're on the right side of history and that it thus justifies their illogical/feelzy actions, which inevitably lead to bad outcomes. 

And you believe you’re on the right side of history?

Is this you‽ 

image.thumb.jpeg.9536ba4eedaf7feac19fd39e9915b859.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Hope Anisimov is seeking asylum somewhere 

Russian climate delegate apologizes on Ukraine, saying many 'fail to find any justification for the attack.”

Return to menu

By Sarah Kaplan11:12 a.m.

Link copied

The head of the Russian delegation at a major United Nations climate meeting apologized Sunday for his country’s invasion of Ukraine, telling hundreds of government ministers and scientists, “those who know what is happening fail to find any justification for the attack.”

Russia’s Oleg Anisimov’s unexpected remarks came during a virtual meeting of delegates from 195 nations who had convened to finalize a major assessment of how climate change will affect the globe in the coming decades, according to two participants who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the closed-door negotiations.

“Let me present an apology on behalf of all Russians who were not able to prevent this conflict,” Anisimov said, according to a participant in the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s recent session.

The comments by Anisimov, a scientist at the state hydrological institute, mark a rare public rebuke of the Russian invasion by a government official. His apology came after an impassioned speech from his Ukrainian counterpart, Svitlana Krakovska, who linked the invasion of her country to the global challenge the ministers and scientists sought to confront: climate change.

“Human induced climate change and the war on Ukraine have the same roots, fossil fuels, and our dependence on them,” another delegate recalled Krakovska saying.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And how many of us on the right were there or supported those bad actors?

They don't care.  The actions of a few, to them, represent everyone.  It's more of the same stupidity that had led us to where we are.  Meanwhile cities are allowed to burn for months on end and that's "the right side of history." :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I gotta tell ya. Looking up info on non leftists on friggin Wikipedia is bound to be accurate. Always.

https://www.conservapedia.com/Jack_Posobiec

I looked at his Conservapedia page as well if you wanted to know.  This is what it says about him:

"Jack Posobiec is an American journalist who reports for One America News Network. Posobiec is a veteran intelligence official and Mandarin linguist. He is the author of Citizens For Trump and 4D Warfare.

Posobiec is Catholic and a victim of liberal censorship."

I went to Wiki because the folks who are on his side have barely anything to say about him, and provided no links to sources or any other information.  This guy is a dime-a-dozen Trump fan.  He's the red-state version of a limousine liberal, but he gets quoted over and over again in this thread like he's somebody to listen to.

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

https://www.conservapedia.com/Jack_Posobiec

I looked at his Conservapedia page as well if you wanted to know.  This is what it says about him:

"Jack Posobiec is an American journalist who reports for One America News Network. Posobiec is a veteran intelligence official and Mandarin linguist. He is the author of Citizens For Trump and 4D Warfare.

Posobiec is Catholic and a victim of liberal censorship."

I went to Wiki because the folks who are on his side have barely anything to say about him, and provided no links to sources or any other information.  This guy is a dime-a-dozen Trump fan.  He's the red-state version of a limousine liberal, but he gets quoted over and over again in this thread like he's somebody to listen to.

How about commenting instead about the content of his 100% accurate post instead of putting him into a box that you proceeded to immediately reject?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Add Wikipedia to the long list of information Trumpers won’t look at 

If you went to Trump’s Wikipedia page would you agree with any of it?

Wikipedia is good for some things, not for biographies of controversial people.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

If you went to Trump’s Wikipedia page would you agree with any of it?

Wikipedia is good for some things, not for biographies of controversial people.

If Trump wrote the link? God no! But your point is well taken on Wiki 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There is zero chance someone with this level of covid neuroticism is making rational decisions..

For sure, and you have to wonder if his Covid neuroticism is due to him having a serious underlying health condition. 

• Agree 1