Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

11 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Would you be willing to fight if you felt it could help stop the war?

That ended that convo right quick!

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we all just agree it’s Trump’s fault? That normally brings everyone together. 😉

Yeah, he wanted to get rid of NATO so Putin decided to attack a year into Joey's Admin.  Think they're "NATO ready" now, John?

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

They've blocked all foreign investors from being able to sell any stock. 

If you have any emerging market exposure in your 401K or IRA you might want to review the fund holdings for direct exposure to Russia.

49 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If you have any emerging market exposure in your 401K or IRA you might want to review the fund holdings for direct exposure to Russia.

If you are just now thinking about reducing your portfolio's exposure to Russia, you probably are a little too late. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why don't you? 

Because I am not the one suggesting we create a no fly zone or use US drones to attack Russia, you are.  If you are so gung ho to go to war, I am telling you to put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Tenhigh

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Because I am not the one suggesting we create a no fly zone or use US drones to attack Russia, you are.  If you are so gung ho to go to war, I am telling you to put your money where your mouth is.

Ok! 

So that's a stupid argument. I'm suggesting we use the tools we have to do the job to do the job. I also want less crime on the streets but I don't go and look out for criminals. 

Why do you make such stupid arguments? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Ok! 

So that's a stupid argument. I'm suggesting we use the tools we have to do the job to do the job. I also want less crime on the streets but I don't go and look out for criminals. 

Why do you make such stupid arguments? 

Because if the country  used the "tools" you suggest it will put us in a war that my children may have to fight because YOU WON'T.  Or even worse, a nuclear war that no one can win.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Because if the country  used the "tools" you suggest it will put us in a war that my children may have to fight because YOU WON'T.  Or even worse, a nuclear war that no one can win.  

If we don't use the tools we might have a larger war. Bullies only know force. Backing down only encourages them, so you kids might have to fight later if we don't stand up now. 

And I won't fight in the next one either, ha ha 

F u 

35 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

If you are just now thinking about reducing your portfolio's exposure to Russia, you probably are a little too late. 

Did it the day US exchanges froze trading on Russian debt/stocks but thinking its not too late because I expect funds are using market to model pricing vs. mark to market until things get sorted out.

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If we don't use the tools we might have a larger war. Bullies only know force. Backing down only encourages them, so you kids might have to fight later if we don't stand up now. 

And I won't fight in the next one either, ha ha 

F u 

If you attack Russia you WILL have a larger war, a war with the country possessing the most nuclear weapons in the world.  You call Putin evil and crazy, if thats true why are you so sure he wouldn't he just nuke us?

And if my kids ever have to fight in this war, rest assured we will swing by and pick you up on the way.

• Like (+1) 1

The Orsk had arrived Monday at Berdyansk, a port about 60 miles from Mariupol, the city that has faced the war’s most punishing assaults.

A Russian officer hailed its arrival as “an epic event that opens up opportunities” for bringing supplies, state-run news agency TASS noted.

“The large landing craft of the Black Sea Fleet has arrived and is unloading, in front of your eyes, armored personnel vehicles that will reinforce our grouping,” the officer had said of the now-destroyed ship that can transport up to 1,500 tons of equipment and cargo.

Oh well, guess that did not go as planned for Russia, lol 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/24/dramatic-video-shows-russian-warship-exploding-amid-ukraine-war/

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

If you attack Russia you WILL have a larger war, a war with the country possessing the most nuclear weapons in the world.  You call Putin evil and crazy, if thats true why are you so sure he wouldn't he just nuke us?

And if my kids ever have to fight in this war, rest assured we will swing by and pick you up on the way.

Looks like Russia might be beat already, which is good. 

Are you against us sending weapons to Ukraine that will be used to kill Putin's troops? Won't that make him angry? We are not neutral. You support our non-neutrality or not? It might get your kids in a war. Or a nuclear war. 

You cannot possibly support the policy of our government, can you? 

And your kids are coming for me?  Oh ya? lol 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh well, guess that did not go as planned for Russia, lol 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/24/dramatic-video-shows-russian-warship-exploding-amid-ukraine-war/

Looks like Russia might be beat already, which is good. 

Are you against us sending weapons to Ukraine that will be used to kill Putin's troops? Won't that make him angry? We are not neutral. You support our non-neutrality or not? It might get your kids in a war. Or a nuclear war. 

You cannot possibly support the policy of our government, can you? 

And your kids are coming for me?  Oh ya? lol 

who said we should be neutral?  I do support what we are currently doing, which is honoring what we agreed to do in the Budapest memo, support the Ukrainian people in the event that they are attacked. 

I don't support US troops on the ground or direct US military action, and if you can't figure out the difference I am not sure what to tell you. This isn't the school yard, this is a nuclear armed country.   Your schoolyard analogy belongs in the schoolyard. 

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

who said we should be neutral?  I do support what we are currently doing, which is honoring what we agreed to do in the Budapest memo, support the Ukrainian people in the event that they are attacked. 

I don't support US troops on the ground or direct US military action, and if you can't figure out the difference I am not sure what to tell you. This isn't the school yard, this is a nuclear armed country.   Your schoolyard analogy belongs in the schoolyard. 

You said we should not be involved. We might get hurt. We are helping kill Russians. They are a nuclear power. We might get nuked! 

Your kids. Nukes. Why do you support this escalation? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You said we should not be involved. We might get hurt. We are helping kill Russians. They are a nuclear power. We might get nuked! 

Shut up with your stupid ass question’s. 
You’re such a brave armchair warrior.

Why are you so scared to fight for the country?

I can play that game too.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So you agree that the Ukrainian people would still be going about their normal lives if Trump was still in office. Me too! 

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Westside said:

Shut up with your stupid ass question’s. 
You’re such a brave armchair warrior.

Why are you so scared to fight for the country?

I can play that game too.

You can very much play stupid, yes. I already knew that

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you agree that the Ukrainian people would still be going about their normal lives if Trump was still in office. Me too! 

Yup, just like Hong Kong would still be a free city...oh wait

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Where did I say we shouldn't be involved you lying turd?  This is pretty straight forward.  I don't want us to start WW3. You disagree, but only of its someone else's life on the line, like other people's kids. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Where did I say we shouldn't be involved you lying turd?  This is pretty straight forward.  I don't want us to start WW3. You disagree, but only of its someone else's life on the line, like other people's kids. 

Then why do you support sending weapons to kill the soldiers of a nuclear power??? Holy crap, you are literally supporting a policy that will get us all killed. 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Have you ever questioned anything a Democrat has told you or are you so locked in to them you just follow them anywhere?

Yes. I'm an independent thinker. 

Are you? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

Then why do you support sending weapons to kill the soldiers of a nuclear power??? Holy crap, you are literally supporting a policy that will get us all killed. 

Why won't you volunteer to help the Ukrainians fight but try to get other Americans to do it instead?

Yes. I'm an independent thinker. 

Are you? 

Lol independent thinker. Right

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Why won't you volunteer to help the Ukrainians fight but try to get other Americans to do it instead?

Do you support law enforcement? Are you out fighting crime in crime ridden neighborhoods? 

I support Ukraine but I don't think its a good idea for me to go. You have a problem with that? So what? 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lol independent thinker. Right

Oh look, I'm being criticized from the gutter ...

Hate having to look down 

U.S. Senator for Kansas, Jerry Moran

https://www.moran.senate.gov

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) was recently appointed by the Senate to join the Senate North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Observer ...

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I must have missed when this caused Nuclear Armageddon when the Soviets did this to us during Vietnam or we did it to them when they were in Afghanistan. The fact that there are nuance/levels of escalation that avoid being directly at war with each other between Nuclear powers isn't some strange new concept it's the premise of the previous half century that I guess you missed.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I must have missed when this caused Nuclear Armageddon when the Soviets did this to us during Vietnam or we did it to them when they were in Afghanistan. The fact that there are nuance/levels of escalation that avoid being directly at war with each other between Nuclear powers isn't some strange new concept it's the premise of the previous half century that I guess you missed.

History is a guide here? What if Putin is as crazy as many people say. Then the weapons we are sending, that are destroying his army, could send the mad man over the edge, correct? Or you don't agree? 

This policy right now, Biden's policy, could get us all killed in WW3, right? 

But Vietnam...🤨

History is a guide here? What if Putin is as crazy as many people say. Then the weapons we are sending, that are destroying his army, could send the mad man over the edge, correct? Or you don't agree? 

This policy right now, Biden's policy, could get us all killed in WW3, right? 

But Vietnam...🤨

By this logic anything could set him off, so do you want us to just launch the Nukes now?

• Like (+1) 1