Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You are one presumptuous person.  Please give me some great reasons how you've come to that conclusion.  

I will no longer respond to Putin's POS supporters and trolls like you.

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Anyone who is not 100% in lock step with the official US government position and western media reports is a Putin supporter. 

Lock step with what? Watching Putin terrorize 40 million people? 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You can’t be serious. The debate is not about support for Putin…and you know it Tibs. The debate is about what the US should do about it. And again….you know it. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can’t be serious. The debate is not about support for Putin…and you know it Tibs. The debate is about what the US should do about it. And again….you know it. 

What is the debate about what we should do? 

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not caring about the plight of 40 million Ukrainian people bc they aren't American doesn't make a person a Putin lover. Heatless? Lacking basic human empathy? Sure... But not necessarily a Putin lover...

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not caring about the plight of 40 million Ukrainian people bc they aren't American doesn't make a person a Putin lover. Heatless? Lacking basic human empathy? Sure... But not necessarily a Putin lover...

Thank you.  I’m a heartless person lacking basic human empathy but I am NOT a Putin supporter.  😁

• Haha (+1) 1

Just a fly on the wall here, but is there a basic reality that rational people here can agree on?

Thinking that getting into a full blown WWIII is a really bad idea, and not supporting measures that would make that more likely is not "supporting" Putin.

If folks who think that getting the US and NATO, and it would be mostly the US, into a shooting war against the Russians on their border is a good idea, or would ever save lives is a good idea, that idea is madness.

Horrible as it is, people are going to die in this.

Multiply that by hundreds if we went after the Russians. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Just a fly on the wall here, but is there a basic reality that rational people here can agree on?

Thinking that getting into a full blown WWIII is a really bad idea, and not supporting measures that would make that more likely is not "supporting" Putin.

If folks who think that getting the US and NATO, and it would be mostly the US, into a shooting war against the Russians on their border is a good idea, or would ever save lives is a good idea, that idea is madness.

Horrible as it is, people are going to die in this.

Multiply that by hundreds if we went after the Russians. 

I believe that only one person here is suggesting we get involved militarily in this. And he's a boob. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I believe that only one person here is suggesting we get involved militarily in this. And he's a boob. 

Which is one more that exists that supports Putin, no matter the idiotic claims.

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I guess it’s ok to cross that sacred line and call him a Hitler now 

The object is to stop the killing and get to a ceasefire.

Labelling someone a war criminal while the confrontation goes on doesn't move that ball forward.

Stop he killing and worry about prosecution later.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Labelling someone a war criminal while the confrontation goes on doesn't move that ball forward.

I don't know why our leadership is pushing so hard to start WW3.  Perhaps they want some sort of "New World Order" and think this is the best way to get it started.

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Oh sure. So every time the press asks a leader if war crimes are being committed they are suppose to ignore the blatantly obvious fact they are and look like idiots and defer from answering? Nope 

Though...I was at the Wilson Center in Washington for a conference on the Cold War and made the great point that when we announced the Nuremberg indictments before Japan had surrendered it was a factor in them not surrendering because they assumed the Emperor would be put on trial. Perhaps Nuremberg was a factor in the A-Bomb being used. 

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

i can only guess the hope is it will deter those who aren’t yet able to be considered war criminals to rethink their next orders.

on the other hand it might reinvigorate the Russians into needing a win as they only way out… 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh sure. So every time the press asks a leader if war crimes are being committed they are suppose to ignore the blatantly obvious fact they are and look like idiots and defer from answering? Nope 

Though...I was at the Wilson Center in Washington for a conference on the Cold War and made the great point that when we announced the Nuremberg indictments before Japan had surrendered it was a factor in them not surrendering because they assumed the Emperor would be put on trial. Perhaps Nuremberg was a factor in the A-Bomb being used. 

the A bomb was also…. Wait for it….. a war crime 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i can only guess the hope is it will deter those who aren’t yet able to be considered war criminals to rethink their next orders.

on the other hand it might reinvigorate the Russians into needing a win as they only way out… 

the A bomb was also…. Wait for it….. a war crime 

Disagree. It stopped a war that was killing, starving and displacing thousands each day. It did actually save lives. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did you not get the memo? Biden is supposed to send Putin love letters.

duh

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ALF said:

For one just look in the mirror.

Come on dude, you are better than this. Nobody is saying Putin is a good guy here.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did you not get the memo? Biden is supposed to send Putin love letters.

duh

Just now, Tiberius said:

We are not showing Putin enough respect! 

Are you two off to fight in the Foreign Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sure the killing should stop as soon as possible, and both sides should return to status quo ante bellum.  A permanent reduction in Ukraine's ability to defend itself or any additional compromises to it's sovereignty should be off the table.  Russia should be allowed to pack up it's ball and go home.

...unless they think they're going to win, then all of this is just bull#### to score political points while they try to un***** their own mess.