Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You are making up facts that you have no way of knowing. Is this what you usually do? 

Yes it's called analysis and critical thinking. 

The left doesn't understand how this works.

WASHINGTON — President Biden said Thursday that American officials had not verified Russia’s claim that it is pulling some troops back from Ukraine’s border, and declared that Russian forces remain “very much in a threatening position.”

“An invasion remains distinctly possible,” he said.

Speaking from the East Room of the White House, Mr. Biden vowed to “give the diplomacy every chance” to prevent a Russian invasion. But he also vowed not to “sacrifice basic principles” according countries a right to determine the shape of their own borders.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/15/world/russia-ukraine-news/biden-says-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-is-still-distinctly-possible

He's going to save us all from WWIII.  He's got this.  

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes it's called analysis and critical thinking. 

The left doesn't understand how this works.

WASHINGTON — President Biden said Thursday that American officials had not verified Russia’s claim that it is pulling some troops back from Ukraine’s border, and declared that Russian forces remain “very much in a threatening position.”

“An invasion remains distinctly possible,” he said.

Speaking from the East Room of the White House, Mr. Biden vowed to “give the diplomacy every chance” to prevent a Russian invasion. But he also vowed not to “sacrifice basic principles” according countries a right to determine the shape of their own borders.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/15/world/russia-ukraine-news/biden-says-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-is-still-distinctly-possible

He's going to save us all from WWIII.  He's got this.  

Leaders lead. Glad we got someone in there that isn’t a friend to that terrorist Putin. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

but yes it’s looking a lot more like political theater serving to benefit multiple international leaders, namely Biden and Putin, with their respective constituencies’ approval.

Someone once said that US foreign policy is simply our domestic policy abroad.

8 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

All of Putin’s aggressive military posturing strikes me as his own unique style of diplomacy. Is he trying to rebuild the Slavic empire from the glory days of the Soviet Union, with the invasion of Ukraine as the first key step? Very doubtful. Way too costly, IMO.

The only reason I can see why Putin would want to invade Ukraine is to make sure that NATO doesn't belly up to Russian borders.  That's not a good enough reason.  The benefit isn't high enough for him to lose his natural gas sales.  I bet he was waiting for the German Chancellor tell him directly that Nordstream 2 would die if he invades.  I really think that Putin finally put himself in a tough situation and is going to come out of this a loser either way.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

What more could Trump have done for Putin in four years without it being too (lmao) obvious?  I mean, Trump abandoned the Kurds, Syrians, Afghanistan, weakened Ukraine and created MAJOR DISRUPTION IN THE USA and with its allies as a favor to his master, Putin.  It was just assumed, with Putin's help, that Trump would win the 2020 election... and why Trump tried so HARD to overturn the election... all to appease his master, Putin.

1) Why did the Trump campaign gut GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine? link

2) Why did Trump give Putin U.S airbases in northern Syria? link

3) Why did Trump try to pull troops out of Germany? link - Beyond obvious to appease Putin even though Trump and the cult* claimed it was because NATO allies—including Germany—was not paying what he considered to be their fair share for European defense.  *@Deranged Rhino (LINK) and his twin,  @Precision (LINK) seemed to argue the same thing - imagine that.

Fortunately, Biden killed those plans.

4) Why did Trump abandon the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, removing a key arms control treaty between the United States and Russia? link

5) Why did Trump withhold congressionally approved military aid to Ukraine?

6) Why was Trump playing culture wars at home?

7) Have you noticed how Republicans, Fox News, and the rest of the cult are now all pro Putin / pro Russia?

image.thumb.jpeg.58de493fe23dd701efca75652531126e.jpeg

"3) Why did Trump try to pull troops out of Germany?"

So you would prefer to send American sons and daughters to Germany to protect your Nazi friends?  Big surprise.

Have you ever been to Germany?  I have multiple times.  There isn't a place in Germany that's as depressing as Buffalo.  The Germans are laughing at us sending our people and money to protect them.

image.thumb.png.0ddf409c9dfc67a428dc4efb3905c384.png

image.thumb.png.b262843752ba1bbf584353996928e66a.png 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Precision said:

So you would prefer to send American sons and daughters to Germany to protect your Nazi friends?  Big surprise.

Have you ever been to Germany?  I have multiple times.  There isn't a place in Germany that's as depressing as Buffalo.  The Germans are laughing at us sending our people and money to protect them.

If someone was designing Russian propaganda they would aim to divide us from our allies. So what you are saying would make the Russians happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Precision said:

Wow, DR is triggered and nasty as always. 

Yes, I have been to Germany numerous times for work, pleasure and family. It's a great place. 

In typical Trumpian fashion, you're obsessed with Trump's empty rhetoric of NATO members spending 2% of their GDP on defense. Of course we all know you, a Putin sympathizer, want to see the collapse of the US-led world order so that Putin can do his thing IN Europe. Why did the Trump campaign in 2016 force changes to the Republican platform that specifically guts the GQP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine? And now look at the cult parroting Russian talking points about Ukraine? Scary how extreme the cult has come in short time. America first? Bwahahahaha

So, you think the US has troops/bases in Germany to protect Germany exclusively

Does Germany not serve a strategic location for US interests with easy access to EMEIA? Do we not have US bases all over the world in order to deploy military power quickly? 

If Donald Trump had won or was successful in stealing the 2020 election, Conald would have already exited NATO and the Russians would already be in Kyiv.

PS: So classy of you to 💩on Buffalo while commenting on a BUFFALO BILLS message board, too - says more about you than me. 

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 1

So where does pushing the largest country on our neighboring continent into Putin’s arms rank on the list of things trump would have done to collapse US-led world order?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/15/world/americas/russia-putin-latin-america-bolsonaro.amp.html

Eventually, Mr. Bolsonaro began asking U.S. officials for an invitation to Washington or at least a phone call from the new president, according to two senior U.S. officials who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Mr. Bolsonaro warned that if he did not hear from President Biden, he would seek a summit with another world power, the officials said. 

Mr. Putin at the time was making more intense overtures to Mr. Bolsonaro. The two presidents discussed a potential expansion of trade and agreements on science and security, the U.S. officials said.

Then, in December, with no phone call from Mr. Biden and increasing tensions in Eastern Europe, Mr. Bolsonaro accepted Mr. Putin's invitation to Moscow. The White House was not happy. Senior U.S. officials twice contacted Mr. Bolsonaro's administration to convey their concern that it was a bad time to travel to Moscow given the ongoing negotiations over Ukraine.

But the adults are back in the room again!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wow, DR is triggered and nasty as always. 

Yes, I have been to Germany numerous times for work, pleasure and family. It's a great place. 

In typical Trumpian fashion, you're obsessed with Trump's empty rhetoric of NATO members spending 2% of their GDP on defense. Of course we all know you, a Putin sympathizer, want to see the collapse of the US-led world order so that Putin can do his thing IN Europe. Why did the Trump campaign in 2016 force changes to the Republican platform that specifically guts the GQP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine? And now look at the cult parroting Russian talking points about Ukraine? Scary how extreme the cult has come in short time. America first? Bwahahahaha

So, you think the US has troops/bases in Germany to protect Germany exclusively

Does Germany not serve a strategic location for US interests with easy access to EMEIA? Do we not have US bases all over the world in order to deploy military power quickly? 

If Donald Trump had won or was successful in stealing the 2020 election, Conald would have already exited NATO and the Russians would already be in Kyiv.

PS: So classy of you to 💩on Buffalo while commenting on a BUFFALO BILLS message board, too - says more about you than me. 

Far from a Putin sympathizer but I have no sympathy for a country that has the people and money to defend themselves.  Besides they don't want us there anyway.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2020/08/11/you-wouldnt-know-it-from-the-coverage-but-most-germans-are-fine-with-trumps-withdrawal-of-us-troops/

Maybe you can enlighten the board on how nice of a city Buffalo is?  I love WNY, tell us all how great the crime rate is?  Please we all want to hear

Billy, I always knew you were a clown but I didn't realize you were a Nazi girl clown.  

Tell me when we can both post our personal info to the board?  Come on girl, man up.  We all want to know who you are; I'll tell who I am!

Let's hear your new excuse, mommy is taking away your internet?  Ha ha ha, back to the basement with you!  Ha ha ha ha

I have my whole family reading this, we're all laughing at you, ha ha ha ha.  Please post something witty and entertain us honey!

5 minutes ago, Precision said:

Far from a Putin sympathizer but I have no sympathy for a country that has the people and money to defend themselves.  Besides they don't want us there anyway.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2020/08/11/you-wouldnt-know-it-from-the-coverage-but-most-germans-are-fine-with-trumps-withdrawal-of-us-troops/

Maybe you can enlighten the board on how nice of a city Buffalo is?  I love WNY, tell us all how great the crime rate is?  Please we all want to hear

Billy, I always knew you were a clown but I didn't realize you were a Nazi girl clown.  

Tell me when we can both post our personal info to the board?  Come on girl, man up.  We all want to know who you are; I'll tell who I am!

Let's hear your new excuse, mommy is taking away your internet?  Ha ha ha, back to the basement with you!  Ha ha ha ha

I have my whole family reading this, we're all laughing at you, ha ha ha ha.  Please post something witty and entertain us honey!

Oh Hell No Reaction GIF by Bounce

35 minutes ago, Precision said:

What a mess. 

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Happy Invasion Day! (Isn’t this the Wednesday all the ‘experts’ predict …or is it another Wednesday?)

US Intel has to be one of the best jobs out there. Better than TV meteorologist. Oh, our prediction didn't come true? That's BECAUSE we predicted it!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Happy Invasion Day! (Isn’t this the Wednesday all the ‘experts’ predict …or is it another Wednesday?)

Almost BINGO day for you, huh? Isn't it great you still know the days of the week? We are so proud of you. 

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Someone said something wrong about Putin??? Now that is wrong! Such a decent and good terrorist like Putin deserves resect and here is Biden hiring someone that criticizes and spreads unfair stories about him. Boo! We need Trump back. Putin deserves better 

34 minutes ago, LeviF said:

US Intel has to be one of the best jobs out there. Better than TV meteorologist. Oh, our prediction didn't come true? That's BECAUSE we predicted it!

The major tools of intelligence agencies worldwide are deception and misinformation.  In layman's terms professional liars.  A critical thinking or skeptical public asking for details and specifics is the biggest risk they face.  Typically all requests for "proof" are meet by concerns for national security, the unwanted disclosure of methods and procedures, putting people in "danger" by revealing the truth, and if all else fails questioning the loyalties of the questioner.  All part of the deception. 

The exception of course is US intelligence assessments which always provide the truth to the public.  And if you disagree with that then you must be an asset of some foreign entity or parroting disinformation narratives providing support to some nefarious adversary.  Because trust us, we're the government.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

que-13248600458?w=200&h=200&up=0

All we are saaaaaaaying,  is give peace a chance.

Joe Biden, the great peacemaker!

American Thinker, by Steve Grammatico

Putin probably has no intention of invading Ukraine. Oh, he is sure the Russians would win, but the human and financial costs would be staggering, world opinion (which he does care about) would be condemnatory, and the guerrilla war that would follow a Russian victory would make the Soviet Union's Afghanistan adventure look like a forgettable skirmish. The Kremlin has correctly sized Biden up as a weak president who is desperate to distract attention from his many failures and collapsing poll numbers.

Yes, it’s all our fault. You

people 

4 hours ago, LeviF said:

No I actually think it's more involved than that.  The administration predicted the invasion to be today and if it doesn't happen it's because the administration prevented it.  I guess this administration IS transparent.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Almost BINGO day for you, huh? Isn't it great you still know the days of the week? We are so proud of you. 

I semi retired this year.  Earlier this week when Billsy was digging up all those posts about people bitching about left protests blocking traffic and replying "this aged well" I came real close to posting "don't you have anything better to do on a Saturday?"  It was Monday.  😂

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No I actually think it's more involved than that.  The administration predicted the invasion to be today and if it doesn't happen it's because the administration prevented it.  I guess this administration IS transparent.  :rolleyes:

Our government has devolved into pure and basic comedy.  Today Sullivan revealed the intelligence community has verified proof that Hedley Lamar and his gang of louts and wranglers will be attacking Rockridge at sundown today.  Sheriff Bart responded by stated he doesn't see any sign of an imminent attack. 

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Our government has devolved into pure and basic comedy.  Today Sullivan revealed the intelligence community has verified proof that Hedley Lamar and his gang of louts and wranglers will be attacking Rockridge at sundown today.  Sheriff Bart responded by stated he doesn't see any sign of an imminent attack. 

They’ll come a whompin’ and a whoopin’!

• Haha (+1) 1

(CNN)Trevor Reed, an American who has been detained in Russia for more than two years, says he is coughing up blood and has not received medical care after prolonged exposure to tuberculosis in Russian prison, according to the US Embassy in Moscow.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/16/politics/trevor-reed-sick-medical-care/index.html

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They’ll come a whompin’ and a whoopin’!

Luckily President Biden and his senior advisors remember the fake toll booth ploy.  The Russians will need a crap load of dimes to get all their troops over the border.  And given they use Rubles they'll need to convert their currency to dollars and then get change denominated in 10 cent increments which will cause an even bigger delay in the attack plans!  If successful this tactic will be deployed to all NATO countries as the first line of defense.   

White House Press is reporting that an alien invasion this weekend is imminent.  They believe the attack will begin with massive city sized space craft hovering over every major city in the world in a first strike capacity.  Followed up by a full on land invasion.  Hash tag diplomacy will continue....

Will Smith Food GIF

Actually Will, we aren't sure President CDC has said we can do that yet.  

KYIV, Ukraine — Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists accused each other Thursday of violating a cease-fire in the eastern part of the country, a potential flash point in what Western officials say are Russian preparations for a possible attack by growing forces massed near Ukraine’s borders.

In Moscow, the Russian government ordered the expulsion of the U.S. Embassy’s second-ranking diplomat, Deputy Chief of Mission Bart Gorman, the State Department confirmed Thursday. No reason was immediately given for the expulsion of Gorman, whom a department spokesperson described in a statement as “a key member of the Embassy’s senior leadership team.” The statement called the move “unprovoked” and “an escalatory step” and said the United States is “considering our response.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/17/ukraine-russia-putin-nato-munich/

Putin's thugs shelled a kindergarten 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

KYIV, Ukraine — Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists accused each other Thursday of violating a cease-fire in the eastern part of the country, a potential flash point in what Western officials say are Russian preparations for a possible attack by growing forces massed near Ukraine’s borders.

In Moscow, the Russian government ordered the expulsion of the U.S. Embassy’s second-ranking diplomat, Deputy Chief of Mission Bart Gorman, the State Department confirmed Thursday. No reason was immediately given for the expulsion of Gorman, whom a department spokesperson described in a statement as “a key member of the Embassy’s senior leadership team.” The statement called the move “unprovoked” and “an escalatory step” and said the United States is “considering our response.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/17/ukraine-russia-putin-nato-munich/

Putin's thugs shelled a kindergarten 

I thought the Biden Administration got Putin to blink. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What really irks me is people who know what Biden is going to say about Ukraine on a daily basis can make a killing day trading right now if they get ahead of it. 

Outside of 401k funds which I don't mess with too much, playing the TQQQ and SQQQ, SSO and SDS.  Plus holding long oil and gas sector since Jan 2021 and built a sizable position in Precious Metals shares and funds.   Plus a few biotechs.   

Its pretty predictable.  Today the prediction is "very high" risk of an invasion at any time.  Market down today, nothing happens, market up tomorrow.  But about 1/2 of the day's gain sells off before the close as traders hedge the chance of something happening over the weekend.  When nothing happens over the weekend a Monday morning rally.  Sometime, on Monday Trade Joe makes another prediction of Russian invasion any second.  Then an afternoon fade into the close.

That's my current playbook for the next couple days. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What really irks me is people who know what Biden is going to say about Ukraine on a daily basis can make a killing day trading right now if they get ahead of it. 

That's what irks you? How about the Ukrainians that will be killed? Or the ones that will end up in Putin's gulag?