Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's like US intelligence services are right there in the command bunker with Russian military commanders.  What's beautiful about it all is none of these reports can be verified or falsified.  So, if it's not today then its tomorrow. 

Or as the weather guy on the news said tonight.  It might rain and snow on Tuesday, or start as rain and turn to snow, or start as snow to rain, or stay all rain, or stay or snow, or mixed precipitation or we might not have any precipitation, or the Russians might attack on Monday and if not maybe on Tuesday.  Tune in Tuesday night for an update.

Youd love it if Putin invaded.

Pathetic

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Red...the question, when is the point of no return for a response. What us even possible with today's weapons

President Biden says we're not sending troops. I hope he means it.  Then I guess once it starts (if it starts), then we do sanctions or whatever.  If that happens I just hope we have our cyber war defenses in good order.

You talk real tough about what the US should do. Would you support sending Canadian troops to fight along side the Ukrainians against Russia?

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, 716er said:

Youd love it if Putin invaded.

Pathetic

So you think applying critical thinking by questioning constantly wrong predictions that seem incredulous is equivalent to siding with the enemy?  Now that's pathetic.  

I don't think any invasion is coming, and I never did believe it.  Know your friends but know your enemies better.  I just don't see any strategic advantages for the Russians that would require them to show their hand.  At least just yet.  I believe the true intelligence assessments provided by experts at the Pentagon and US intelligence agree with me.  I also think much of the US bombast is designed to make Biden appear tough and effective for domestic political consumption.  I think the administration and the media are generating a lot of drama.  Contrast it to the talk out of other governments involved, including Ukraine itself.  In summary, I'm forming my own conclusions.  You might try it.  You might find it enlightening and an eye-opening experience not to fall into line with the official narrative all the time.     

And late last night Biden and Putin agreed to a sit-down orchestrated by Macron.  It appears another prediction of imminent attack is DOA.  

• Like (+1) 1

200,000 people to hold down 40,000,000? We have sent the Ukrainians some seriously effective weapons that are rather portable, we have seen how very effective a resistance movement can be against a standard military, our media will be beaming to the world any Russia atrocities and a steady stream of casualties back to mother Russia will be felt. Putin might be stepping into his own Vietnam with no serious justification. 

Those Javelin missiles we sent them in numbers are awesome weapons. Fire and forget and bye bye Russian tank. 

We gave them new more advanced Stinger Missiles. 

Hopefully the Ukrainians have planned ambushes, booby traps, mines and all sorts of deceptions. 

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So you think applying critical thinking by questioning constantly wrong predictions that seem incredulous is equivalent to siding with the enemy?  Now that's pathetic.  

I don't think any invasion is coming, and I never did believe it.  Know your friends but know your enemies better.  I just don't see any strategic advantages for the Russians that would require them to show their hand.  At least just yet.  I believe the true intelligence assessments provided by experts at the Pentagon and US intelligence agree with me.  I also think much of the US bombast is designed to make Biden appear tough and effective for domestic political consumption.  I think the administration and the media are generating a lot of drama.  Contrast it to the talk out of other governments involved, including Ukraine itself.  In summary, I'm forming my own conclusions.  You might try it.  You might find it enlightening and an eye-opening experience not to fall into line with the official narrative all the time.     

And late last night Biden and Putin agreed to a sit-down orchestrated by Macron.  It appears another prediction of imminent attack is DOA.  

I don’t understand. So Putin has surrounded another country, right? What, you see that as just a military exercise? No big deal? 

—-

Oh course 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/02/20/ukraine-russia-human-rights/

The United States has informed the United Nations it has credible information showing that Moscow is compiling lists of Ukrainians “to be killed or sent to camps following a military occupation,” according to a letter to the U.N. human rights chief obtained by The Washington Post on Sunday night.

The letter alleges that Moscow’s post-invasion planning would involve torture, forced disappearances and “widespread human suffering.” It does not describe the nature of the intelligence that undergirds its assessment.

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

President Biden says we're not sending troops. I hope he means it.  Then I guess once it starts (if it starts), then we do sanctions or whatever.  If that happens I just hope we have our cyber war defenses in good order.

You talk real tough about what the US should do. Would you support sending Canadian troops to fight along side the Ukrainians against Russia?

It would be rediculous for Canada to go alone, but likely we would take our cue from Britain, as we have in the past. Russia has always fought a war of attrition, having sacrificed millions in wars past from Napoleon to WW2. In Russia, the death of people in war is a tool. 

30 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I find it quite telling American politicians have their panties bunched up their asses over Ukraine,

and yet, show so much disdain and indifference towards America.

Just should be none of our business if Putin's enslaves 40 million people by war? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What do you call it when your country is...well...conquered? Are they free? What are you stupid? 

Putin just wants to help the Ukrainian people! 

Why are you on this Russian propaganda bandwagon all of a sudden. Don’t tell me you care about the Ukrainian people. We all know that’s bull####. What’s your angle? Are you looking to go to war? Five years ago you hated America. Are we now supposed to believe you love it?

Your continues beating of war drums makes me leery of your true intentions.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Westside said:

Why are you on this Russian propaganda bandwagon all of a sudden. Don’t tell me you care about the Ukrainian people. We all know that’s bull####. What’s your angle? Are you looking to go to war? Five years ago you hated America. Are we now supposed to believe you love it?

Your continues beating of war drums makes me leery of your true intentions.

No, trying to stop a war. Understand the difference? 

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

Because you don’t care about your fellow citizens but I’m supposed to believe you care about Ukrainians? 

Yes. He wants sitting senators assassinated and a fellow American to kill himself but he really cares about Ukrainians. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1