Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"Every indication that we have is that they are prepared to go into Ukraine, attack Ukraine," President Biden told reporters as he left the White House on Thursday.

This message will be repeated every day until something does or doesn't happen. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, when a KGB led army surrounds a country is that all surprising? 

Are you actually complaining about that? 

I wonder what the analysts in the U.S. intelligence services, State Department, and the Pentagon that genuinely understand the motivations and objectives of Russia think of all this drama?  

And... I'm not complaining about anything but rather wondering how foreign policy objective began to be driven by the answers from The Magic 8-Ball?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I wonder what the analysts in the U.S. intelligence services, State Department, and the Pentagon that genuinely understand the motivations and objectives of Russia think of all this drama?  

And... I'm not complaining about anything but rather wondering how foreign policy objective began to be driven by the answers from The Magic 8-Ball?

What makes you make that outrageous claim? 

Sounds like Putin's murder machine is ready to start 

Russia on Thursday made public a written response to U.S. proposals submitted Jan. 26 regarding Moscow’s demands on halting NATO expansion. “In the absence of the readiness of the American side to agree on firm, legally binding guarantees of ensuring our security by the United States and its allies, Russia will be forced to respond, including through the implementation of military-technical measures,” it said.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

If Russia does invade and go to war against the Ukraine I'll ask you how stupid you think I am.  

That will sure show me! 

Now go read up on what happened at Munich in 1938. 

That's all for you 

UK prime minister accuses Russia of "false flag" operation on school as pretext to invade Ukraine

From CNN's Amy Cassidy

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Thursday accused Russia of fabricating a pretext to invade Ukraine by attacking a kindergarten in Donbas. 

Video and images confirmed by CNN show that a school in the Ukrainian-controlled territory was hit by a shell Thursday. 

“We know [this] was a false flag operation designed to discredit the Ukrainians, designed to create a pretext, a spurious provocation for Russian action,” Johnson told reporters.  “We fear very much that that is the kind of thing we'll see more of over the next few days.”Both Ukrainian armed forces and separatists controlling parts of eastern Ukraine said there has been renewed shelling in the region. He reiterated that that the UK will apply heavy economic sanctions on Russia should it invade Ukraine, but continued: “I do think there is still time for the Putin regime to step back.”

The Ukrainian military reported 29 cease-fire violations up and down the border before noon, the vast majority of them with weapons that violate previous agreements. But officials singled out shelling of the kindergarten building near the self-proclaimed Luhansk territory as particularly shocking.

A howitzer shell blew a hole through one wall, sending bricks, toys and soccer balls scattered across. One impact crater landed near a play area. In all, 32 artillery rounds landed in the village, the statement said, which disrupted electricity for half of the population.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What makes you make that outrageous claim? 

Sounds like Putin's murder machine is ready to start 

Russia on Thursday made public a written response to U.S. proposals submitted Jan. 26 regarding Moscow’s demands on halting NATO expansion. “In the absence of the readiness of the American side to agree on firm, legally binding guarantees of ensuring our security by the United States and its allies, Russia will be forced to respond, including through the implementation of military-technical measures,” it said.

You should be addressing that question to our secretary of State.  Blinken was at the UN Security Council leveling charges that a false flag attack is about to be launched.  All as is customary without providing one piece of evidence.  We're in WMD territory now.  What's next?  Stories of babies being torn from hospital incubators?  Its an embarrassment.  And it merely reinforces the growing realization of Biden's incapacity to lead the west, much less America.  Watch as allies distance themselves from this train wreck.  Even the Ukrainians will be looking for a mutually beneficial negotiated exit from this mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You should be addressing that question to our secretary of State.  Blinken was at the UN Security Council leveling charges that a false flag attack is about to be launched.  All as is customary without providing one piece of evidence.  We're in WMD territory now.  What's next?  Stories of babies being torn from hospital incubators?  Its an embarrassment.  And it merely reinforces the growing realization of Biden's incapacity to lead the west, much less America.  Watch as allies distance themselves from this train wreck.  Even the Ukrainians will be looking for a mutually beneficial negotiated exit from this mess.  

You are not making any sense. You are just venting at our president because he is trying to save a republic. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are not making any sense. You are just venting at our president because he is trying to save a republic. 

What exactly doesn't make sense? 

That Blinken is at the UN Security council?

That Blinken made allegations of Russia in the process of manufacturing a false flag event?

That Blinken provided no evidence of any such plot?

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What exactly doesn't make sense? 

That Blinken is at the UN Security council?

That Blinken made allegations of Russia in the process of manufacturing a false flag event?

That Blinken provided no evidence of any such plot?

Yes, all that. Just because he is part of a Democratic administration he isn't suppose to try and stop a war? 

We all know Russia is threatening another country and you blame the Democrats. 

You are making no sense 

So besides building bridges over rivers and streams between them and Ukraine, and constructing new field hospitals, the Russians have set our their demands.

All we have to do for peace is

1. Stop giving weapons to Ukraine 

2. Take back all the weapons we've given.

3. Make Ukraine follow the Minsk 2 agreement.

4 Withdraw all US troops from Europe now.

Ah...aha...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahHahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  

I thought Putin was supposed to be this evil genius.  "Give me everything I want or else" is the best he can come up with?  Oh god, let me laugh harder.  Truly giga brained 5D chess.  He totally didn't start believing his own propaganda.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's what irks you? How about the Ukrainians that will be killed? Or the ones that will end up in Putin's gulag? 

What do you want to do, get in war with Russia?  You sound just like all the people in 2002 who thought Iraq was within weeks of building a nuke and giving it to terrorists.  And it was the same guy, our current prez, that was peddling that line.

I don't believe anything he says in regards to war. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What do you want to do, get in war with Russia?  You sound just like all the people in 2002 who thought Iraq was within weeks of building a nuke and giving it to terrorists.  And it was the same guy, our current prez, that was peddling that line.

I don't believe anything he says in regards to war. 

No i doin't. Not at all 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, all that. Just because he is part of a Democratic administration he isn't suppose to try and stop a war? 

We all know Russia is threatening another country and you blame the Democrats. 

You are making no sense 

How about this?  How about your buddies Biden and Blinken worry about the US border with Mexico before they go off to Europe and start pontificating about the sanctity of borders between two countries across the ocean and thousands of miles away?  A situation where how many Americans are directly impacted?  Almost zero.

Or how about this?  How about they apply their Mexico border policy to Ukraine and Russia so there would be no concerns about incursions or talk and threats of war at all.  Because national borders don't matter to their political party.  And the Ukrainians and Russians would be free to move back and forth between the two countries without any regard for things like border security or any citizenship rules, visas, or passports.   

So why would any reasonable person support a war effort to protect the borders of a country in Europe none of them could find on a map absent country names appearing in big block letters when our leaders can't seem to grasp the concept of protecting the borders of our own country with anything like the same level of enthusiasm?  Maybe redirect those troops deployed to Europe to our Southern border rather then leave it unattended and under the control of drug cartels.  

Either way, they're waking me up 3 or 4 times every night with early morning flights either ascending after takeoff or descending for landing that I conclude are either flights from Texas secretly bringing illegals up into the North East or flights out of McGuire AFB transporting US troops and equipment to Europe.  Please stop both and let me get a good nights rest. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

How about this?  How about your buddies Biden and Blinken worry about the US border with Mexico before they go off to Europe and start pontificating about the sanctity of borders between two countries across the ocean and thousands of miles away?  A situation where how many Americans are directly impacted?  Almost zero.

Or how about this?  How about they apply their Mexico border policy to Ukraine and Russia so there would be no concerns about incursions or talk and threats of war at all.  Because national borders don't matter to their political party.  And the Ukrainians and Russians would be free to move back and forth between the two countries without any regard for things like border security or any citizenship rules, visas, or passports.   

So why would any reasonable person support a war effort to protect the borders of a country in Europe none of them could find on a map absent country names appearing in big block letters when our leaders can't seem to grasp the concept of protecting the borders of our own country with anything like the same level of enthusiasm?  Maybe redirect those troops deployed to Europe to our Southern border rather then leave it unattended and under the control of drug cartels.  

Either way, they're waking me up 3 or 4 times every night with early morning flights either ascending after takeoff or descending for landing that I conclude are either flights from Texas secretly bringing illegals up into the North East or flights out of McGuire AFB transporting US troops and equipment to Europe.  Please stop both and let me get a good nights rest. 

Reasonable people should be able to find the 2nd largest country in Europe on a map. ;)

14 minutes ago, yall said:

Reasonable people should be able to find the 2nd largest country in Europe on a map. ;)

Well. you're biasing the quiz by giving them a big clue.  And reasonable people should also be able to figure out when their government is feeding them a fairy tale.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Asking critical questions of government officials about their statements when they are unwilling and unable to provide supporting facts is not synonymous to supporting your enemy.  People use this smear tactic because they have no logical or reasonable arguments to present in the face of the facts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Asking critical questions of government officials about their statements when they are unwilling and unable to provide supporting facts is not synonymous to supporting your enemy.  People use this smear tactic because they have no logical or reasonable arguments to present in the face of the facts.  

You are a fraud… lmao

“What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question. I watch you a lot and you ask a lot of stupid questions.”

“Thats ok you’re not thinking you never do”

“You so disgraceful, it’s also disgraceful the way you said it”

”Look you know you are a fake”

“You just asked your question in a very nasty tone”

”I don’t know why you would say that - it’s such a racist question.”

@Chef Jim - Watch starting at 2:20 - VERY telling what Conald had to say about democrats and crime - and then all of a sudden - White supremacist infiltrate and incite rage at BLM protests. What a coincidence.     

Idiots

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Oh just be quiet and just accept what the regime is telling you. We all know our government officials are the very picture of truth tellers! 

All 

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Blinken =  Powell

Both Americans? Yes 

No criticism of Putin? Ever? 

+++

An observer mission from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe said it counted 591 violations of the cease-fire in eastern Ukraine on Wednesday, up from 153 the day before.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You are a fraud… lmao

“What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question. I watch you a lot and you ask a lot of stupid questions.”

“Thats ok you’re not thinking you never do”

“You so disgraceful, it’s also disgraceful the way you said it”

”Look you know you are a fake”

“You just asked your question in a very nasty tone”

”I don’t know why you would say that - it’s such a racist question.”

@Chef Jim - Watch starting at 2:20 - VERY telling what Conald had to say about democrats and crime - and then all of a sudden - White supremacist infiltrate and incite rage at BLM protests. What a coincidence.     

Idiots

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

I didn't ask a question.  Do you know the difference between a question and a statement?  Hint: that was a question..

• Agree 1

Vice President Harris renewed a warning of “severe consequences” if Russia invades Ukraine as she met Friday with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in Munich.

“We remain, of course, supportive of diplomacy as it relates to the dialogue and discussions we’ve had with Russia, but we are also committed to taking corrective actions to ensure there will be severe consequences in terms of the sanctions we have discussed, and we know the alliance is strong in that regard,” Harris said during a portion of the meeting reporters were permitted to observe.

Harris is leading the U.S. delegation to the Munich Security Conference, a high-profile annual gathering that taken on heightened importance, given the crisis at the Russia-Ukraine border.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/18/russia-ukraine-updates/