Ahmaud Arbery Trial.

B-Man

A real thread.

For serious posters.

Closing Arguments in Arbery Killing Trial: Live Updates

18 hours ago — Lawyers have concluded their statements defending the three men charged with murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Brunswick, Ga. The prosecution will ...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11/22/us/ahmaud-arbery-murder-trial

7a58ecf6-aa83-4394-96a5-bac874b4ecdb_114

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was shot and killed by two armed men while jogging in a South Georgia neighborhood back on Feb 23, 2020.

_121344758_gettyimages-1235961142.jpg

Ahmaud Arbery: What you need to know about the case - BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52623151

The jury has begun deliberations in the trial over Ahmaud Arbery's killing

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/23/1058270899/ahmaud-arbery-murder-trial-latest

FTA:

She told the jury the men had no right to claim self-defense as they were the ones who started the confrontation with Arbery, chasing him for roughly five minutes.

"You can't claim self-defense if you are the unjustified, initial aggressor," Dunikoski said. "This isn't the Wild West."

Prosecutors and defense attorneys made closing arguments on Monday.

Travis McMichael, his father, Greg, and William 'Roddie' Bryan have all been charged with Arbery's murder. Arbery, 25, was jogging through a suburban neighborhood when the three men started pursuing him in pickup trucks. Travis McMichael shot Arbery dead.

Obvious differences from the Rittenhouse case.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Arbery Case VERDICT WATCH Day 1: Jurors Have Begun Deliberations

Welcome to our ongoing coverage of the Ahmaud Arbery case trial, in which Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael, and William “Ryan” Bryan are on trial on charges of murder and other felonies over the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery on February 23, 2020 in Brunswick GA.   This is our VERDICT WATCH post, where we will share any fast-breaking news on verdicts and other events around the jury deliberations which begin today.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/arbery-case-verdict-watch-day-1-jurors-have-begun-deliberations/

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Amazing the lack of coverage of this trial, where an actual black man was murdered by white men, and not in self-defense.

I find that confusing to be honest. You would think the left and msm would be all over this just for the racial undertones if it.

Instead, they chose the white kid killing two white men as racial injustice stand. Very perplexing.

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

I find that confusing to be honest. You would think the left and msm would be all over this just for the racial undertones if it.

Instead, they chose the white kid killing two white men as racial injustice stand. Very perplexing.

They have been, no idea what original poster was talking about...it was all over the triumverate of Liberal Cable news including all the DA and Defense presentations, etc.  

1 minute ago, OrangeBills said:

They have been, no idea what original poster was talking about...it was all over the triumverate of Liberal Cable news including all the DA and Defense presentations, etc.  

I rarely watch the news, I have no idea what this trial is about besides a murder trial. 
If they are guilty, I hope they get the max, if they are innocent, I hope they are set free.

12 hours ago, Westside said:

I thought the same for the Rittenhouse trial and that took five days. 

Don’t be confused or make a judgement on the time it takes to reach a verdict. You have no idea whether the jury made up their mind in the first twenty minutes and is just sitting in the room making it appear that there’s deliberations going on. It happens.

• Agree 2

This case to me is murder when you try to detain someone that you have no legal right to detain. No one can claim self defense when they chase someone, and point a gun at them. I assume the jury will see it that way but I do worry because "beyond a reasonable doubt" is a high standard to reach.

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

She told the jury the men had no right to claim self-defense as they were the ones who started the confrontation with Arbery, chasing him for roughly five minutes.

"You can't claim self-defense if you are the unjustified, initial aggressor," Dunikoski said. "This isn't the Wild West."

Fact check: true.

Regardless of what Arbery was doing in that construction site, you can't confront him at gunpoint when it's not your *****in business. He posed no threat to you or yours. Do not pass go, *****.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The juries in the two most high profile cases of the year go undefeated.  

While every other aspect of our justice system is a mess, at the very least, the concept of “jury of your peers” restores some semblance of confidence. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

The two deserve to go to prison for life.

However, I'm a little surprised at the verdict for the neighbor. He just followed and filmed.

Can a case be made for all the people during the riots that did the same thing?

I'll be curious to see how they are sentenced.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Father guilty on all but the malice murder charges I believe 

The other guy guilty of felony murder and a bunch of other counts. Not guilty on a few.  

Assuming they are all dying in prison at this point

What felony did he commit? I didn't follow his stuff that closely. 

VERDICT

COUNT l – MALICE MURDER, O.C.G.A. 16-5-1

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL  Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Not Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Not Guilty

COUNT 2 – FELONY MURDER, O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 – Aggravated Assault

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty

COUNT 3 – FELONY MURDER, O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 – Aggravated Assault

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

COUNT 4 – FELONY MURDER, O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 – False Imprisonment

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

COUNT 5 – FELONY MURDER, O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 – Criminal Attempt to Commit False Imprisonment

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

COUNT 6 – AGGRAVATED ASSAULT, O.C.G.A. 16-5-21 – Assault with firearm, deadly weapon, to wit: a 12 gauge shotgun

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty

COUNT 7 – AGGRAVATED ASSAULT, O.C.G.A. 16-5-21 – Assault with a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Chevy Silverado pickup truck

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

COUNT 8 – FALSE IMPRISONMENT, O.C.G.A. 16-5-41 – Unlawfully confine and detain Ahmaud Arbery without legal authority, to wit: said accused did chase Ahmaud Arbery with a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Chevy Silverado pickup truck through the public roadways of the Satilla Shores neighborhood and did confine and detain Ahmaud Arbery on Holmes Drive using said pickup trucks.

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

COUNT 9 – CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT A FELONY, O.C.G.A. 16-4-1 – In violation of the personal liberty of Ahmaud Arbery, unlawfully chase Ahmaud Arbery through the public roadways of the Satilla Shores neighborhood in pickup trucks and did attempt to confine and detain Ahmaud Arbery without legal authority on Burford Drive using a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Chevy Silverado pickup truck.

TRAVIS MCMICHAEL Guilty
GREG MCMICHAEL Guilty
WILLIAM R BRYAN Guilty

Ahmaud-Arbery.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The two deserve to go to prison for life.

However, I'm a little surprised at the verdict for the neighbor. He just followed and filmed.

Can a case be made for all the people during the riots that did the same thing?

I'll be curious to see how they are sentenced.

That’s the beauty of our justice system- different jurisdictions seek different charges for certain crimes...and it usually depends on who is voted into office to prosecute the crime...👍

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Truth - especially considering justice was almost NOT served.

I actually agree with you?..  Yup, charges likely would never have been filed without the video. 

Homie self owned himself by leaking the footage.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I actually agree with you?..  Yup, charges likely would never have been filed without the video. 

Homie self owned himself by leaking the footage.  

i have wondered how the hell the video got out?  

6 hours ago, unbillievable said:

He thought he was proving self defense by leaking the video.

The video showed he was not near Arbery only filming what happened . Without the video the father and son might have gotten away with murder. I think the filmer should get a appeal at least a lot shorter sentence.

Yeah I can't believe the father and the neighbor might get life in prison when the son is the one who actually shot and killed Arbery.  I also don't know if I agree with "malice murder" for the son considering the definition is "no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart," as he engaged Arbery over alleged thefts and they both struggled for the gun.  I think voluntary manslaughter would have been the more appropriate charge.  Am I wrong?