Again the offense is just off....

Billsfan1972

We're simply not that good.  It's really as easy as looking at who we've beaten .. and who we've lost to.  This is a middle of the road team, at BEST.  And that's not gonna change as long as Beane ignores the trenches.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We have all seen teams worse than our Bills overcome 24-7 deficits with a half a game still to play. They seem to be missing inner mental strength to overcome difficulties. Maybe they got spoiled on a soft schedule. Maybe coaches aren’t adjusting enough. Maybe they just think Josh will pull a rabbit out of a hat to win. They were missing key players yesterday but good teams find a way to overcome obstacles. Whatever it is, they better figure it out soon.

Edited by Andy1

Cody Ford and Ike Boettger are the starting Guards.   Zack Moss has no business being in the NFL, outside of maybe a goal line back.   Two of our three wideouts are over 32 years old, and one is breaking down physically.    The Offensive Coordinator thinks he has Superman at QB so he relies on him to do everything, and thats working less in less.      For the purposes of Josh's career, I sincerely hope the Bills figure out how to implement a balanced offense.  

• Agree 3

Look at Pitt yesterday, or GB and what they can do.

The one thing coming into this year I was excited about is the offense being even better.  

Diggs long completion was 9 yards, no real long pass plays and Allen who is great at 20 yard passes had so few.  

Used to be 3rd and 17 and I didn't feel it was out of range.  

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Cody Ford and Ike Boettger are the starting Guards.   Zack Moss has no business being in the NFL, outside of maybe a goal line back.   Two of our three wideouts are over 32 years old, and one is breaking down physically.    The Offensive Coordinator thinks he has Superman at QB so he relies on him to do everything, and thats working less in less.      For the purposes of Josh's career, I sincerely hope the Bills figure out how to implement a balanced offense.  

I agree with everything about this except for Zack Moss's proficiency as a goal line back.  He's not that.  Our best short yardage back is Josh Allen.  And it's not just because he's good at it.  It's because he's the only one on this team who is good at it.  It has been a problem for awhile. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The one thing coming into this year I was excited about is the offense being even better.  

Diggs long completion was 9 yards, no real long pass plays and Allen who is great at 20 yard passes had so few.  

When we can't run the ball and can't protect well enough to take deep shots it is a major, major problem.  Maybe that's it in a nutshell right there.  

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Steelers and Packers lost yesterday. So did we. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Said it before, but yesterday again brought it to light.  24-7 I still thought tds to end the half and start the second was in the cards.

But they were terrible.  Yes the weather was bad, but again, just so little from the offense when needed.

What's going on?

You can beat us physically.

We make ourselves one-dimensional, the opponent knows Allen will be standing 5 yards behind center every play, go get him.

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Said it before, but yesterday again brought it to light.  24-7 I still thought tds to end the half and start the second was in the cards.

But they were terrible.  Yes the weather was bad, but again, just so little from the offense when needed.

What's going on?

Is it really the “offense”? Go back and think about each drive of the game on offense. It seems like every drive stalled due to an execution error— drop, penalty, missed kick, errant throw. 

i don’t think the offensive scheme or even the offensive line was to blame yesterday. 

The Offense has been off.. even when it’s on, it still looks like a grind this year.  

That said, I don’t take much away on Offense from yesterday.  

They had three possessions in the first half.  All three possessions moved into Indy’s side of the field.  

They had two possessions….. TWO, before getting the ball in rain/wind, right before half down 24-7.  

I mean.. what offense is going to do much of anything given those circumstances? 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point was they came back.  Yes eventually lost, but were not out of it.  

Also Rodgers hit long passes.  

24-7 & I still had hope.  

An L is an L it doesn't matter if you came back. Detroit has came back plenty of times and have 0 wins, bills have 6

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is it really the “offense”? Go back and think about each drive of the game on offense. It seems like every drive stalled due to an execution error— drop, penalty, missed kick, errant throw. 

i don’t think the offensive scheme or even the offensive line was to blame yesterday. 

I tend to agree.  Defense was simply unable to stop long methodical drives.  Bills only had three possessions in the first half.  The third after the McKenzie fumble really ended the game.  This game was mostly on the D.

But something more cosmic is wrong with this team.  The personnel is better than last year, but the team much worse.  I don't know what it is, maybe the vax issue which is galling to me and might be to others on the team when key guys are out because they won't get vaxed.  It gives other teams--almost all of whom have more players vaxed--a competitive advantage.  Maybe it has nothing to do with that.  But something is wrong in that locker room IMO.  

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.