11/21/21 Gameday Colts@Bills Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I saw a video breakdown of Bobby Hart starting for Tennessee against the Rams and after watching it I am excited to see Ford starting.

what’s the definition of insanity? They are really going to trot out these same

5? i hope they learned how to block a Stunt in the last 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

So I have to prove myself as a fan on the forum I guess..  maybe one day I’ll be able to enjoy all the things that make this forum great?!  😂 😆 😛 

But first thing’s first… 

GO BILLS GO!!!

Maybe..

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We’re gonna find out, because know the colts saw the Jax film. 

I think this type of situation is where the Bills coaches earn their paycheck.  I have faith that after the Jax game they will make adjustments with this particular line-up.  Again, who knows if it will work but I would think they are firmly aware of the issues from Jax and probably have a plan to adjust (again, no guarantee it works but should be prepared).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s the definition of insanity? They are really going to trot out these same

5? i hope they learned how to block a Stunt in the last 2 weeks.

Having very little of seeing what Bates, Doyle, or Douglas can do, it still might be the best option.  Very easy for us to condemn as we don't know what those three can or can't do, the team does.

Having said that, personally won't be at all disappointed to see a different starting five, but will understand if we don't.

• Like (+1) 3

I’m not sure why any of us expected to see a different starting offensive line. Ford was always going to be in there. If he wasn’t their top choice, they wouldn’t have gone with him for the Jacksonville or the Miami game.

Some have pondered whether this was just to prove that there was some value to him as a second round pick. I don’t think McDermott is that kind of coach.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m not sure why any of us expected to see a different starting offensive line. Ford was always going to be in there. If he wasn’t their top choice, they wouldn’t have gone with him for the Jacksonville or the Miami game.

Some have pondered whether this was just to prove that there was some value to him as a second round pick. I don’t think McDermott is that kind of coach.

Moving Daryl Williams back to RT is just as big of a concern to me. After looking pretty decent there last year, he COMPLETELY fell off a cliff. Moving him inside, he's been fine. Especially with Brown in the lineup. Moving him back outside in Brown's absence, he's been even worse than he was at the start of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Having very little of seeing what Bates, Doyle, or Douglas can do, it still might be the best option.  Very easy for us to condemn as we don't know what those three can or can't do, the team does.

Having said that, personally won't be at all disappointed to see a different starting five, but will understand if we don't.

Eh, we've seen enough of Bates in action over the past couple years to think he's less of a liability out there then Ford, no?

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Eh, we've seen enough of Bates in action over the past couple years to think he's less of a liability out there then Ford, no?

Erik Turner of Cover1 did a video on this where he pointed out we have really not seen much of Bates as a G vs C or T

I'm not sure about that, but in any event the conclusion was Bates may be a better BU C or T then a G