Jump to content

Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]


Royale with Cheese
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Williams is a penalty machine.  He's not better than Brown I guess.

 

But to answer your question specifically, it's hard for me to tell....because it's been difficult to zero in on his play because he's had only 4 starts and only 1 in 4 weeks.  

 

Williams has had a total of 3 penalties called on him so far this season, out of 661 snaps.  He's not even close to a "penalty machine."  Brown became the starter at RT because he was ready to start and because moving Williams improved the RG spot.  

 

And don't worry, we don't need you to tell.  You didn't like the pick.  We get it.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Did he actually say "including Brown"? If not he was probably just referring to injured players. 

No, I just saw this:

 

 

I think it has been updated though that he wont discuss Spencer's vaccination status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Even if vaccinated he still needs two negative tests in a row right? we could be waiting for that hopefully 

 Correct. I am only inferring that "Nobody has been ruled out yet" But maybe they mean players with traditional injuries. Or maybe hes just being vague. We will find out soon enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Williams has had a total of 3 penalties called on him so far this season, out of 661 snaps.  He's not even close to a "penalty machine."  Brown became the starter at RT because he was ready to start and because moving Williams improved the RG spot.  

 

And don't worry, we don't need you to tell.  You didn't like the pick.  We get it.

 

My bad, I meant Dawkins is the penalty machine.  

 

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

 

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

My bad, I meant Dawkins is the penalty machine.  

 

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

 

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

 

More worried about Star being out but Brown being out is a problem for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming Brown is out the Bills need to do more of what they did last week. Two TE sets, a bit more Gilliam in backfield, extra OL on plays, etc. I think sets with both singletary and breida split in the backfield can be effective with chip blocks and routes to the flat. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Williams is a penalty machine.  He's not better than Brown I guess.

 

But to answer your question specifically, it's hard for me to tell....because it's been difficult to zero in on his play because he's had only 4 starts and only 1 in 4 weeks.  

 

If your argument is that Brown's value is in keeping an awful Ford off the field, then...ok.  I guess that's something.

 

I blinked and I missed it.

 

My argument is that he is the best player on the team in his position and the depth is grocery baggers.  He also plays that position very well so far.  If you can't see why losing him on an already terrible line is bad then you didn't really watch the games this year.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Bills beat the Colts in a playoff game last year without either of them.  Stop worrying so much.  

 

and they struggled to do so in large part because they were dominated in both trenches.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

My argument is that he is the best player on the team in his position and the depth is grocery baggers.  He also plays that position very well so far.  If you can't see why losing him on an already terrible line is bad then you didn't really watch the games this year.

 

and they struggled to do so in large part because they were dominated in both trenches.

 

was there, saw no struggling. We were firmly in control of the game for 3 plus quarters. 24-10 with under 12 minutes to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

My argument is that he is the best player on the team in his position and the depth is grocery baggers.  He also plays that position very well so far.  If you can't see why losing him on an already terrible line is bad then you didn't really watch the games this year.

 

I haven't said he's no good.  But the Bills have had 3 blowout wins with him and 3 without him as the starter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Doc said:

 

Williams has had a total of 3 penalties called on him so far this season, out of 661 snaps.  He's not even close to a "penalty machine."  Brown became the starter at RT because he was ready to start and because moving Williams improved the RG spot.  

 

And don't worry, we don't need you to tell.  You didn't like the pick.  We get it.

If you keep him at RG, that's where he's most productive. Stick him back at RT and penalties will be the least of your worries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Thank god the colts have a middling pass rush. I really hope we keep Williams at RG to help against Buckner (and keep continuity on the iOL) and roll with Bates or Doyle at RT.

RG is going to be an issue again this game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

My bad, I meant Dawkins is the penalty machine.  

 

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

 

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

 

Dawkins has 5 total called penalties in 664 snaps.  

 

Third rounders shouldn't be throwaways.  And so far, he is a find.

 

But yes, the game/season isn't over if he's gone for this game.  It will make it harder though.

 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'd not ruled out then maybe they have 1 negative test already. Positive sign.

 

Let's hope.

Edited by Doc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Doc said:

 

Dawkins has 5 total called penalties in 664 snaps.  

 

Third rounders shouldn't be throwaways.  And so far, he is a find.

 

But yes, the game/season isn't over if he's gone for this game.  It will make it harder though.

 

 

Let's hope.

 

6.  tied for 4th highest number.

 

For the bolded, we'll find out Sunday.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...