Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I am a pro-vaccine too....but you have to allow others to make judgement on a virus that is NOT YET WELL Understood by humans and we have no idea on whom to trust amongst Government, Drug Lobby's and people with financial interests. 

We all (mods) agreed it was time to put the kibbosh on general covid discussion here. 

But as a PSA, I will say: no one should be making personal health decisions based on government, drug lobbies, or people with financial interests - or for that matter, self-styled "experts" appearing on the talk show circuit and information from social media or websites with an obvious slant.

Everyone should find a personal physician with good background and credentials whom they trust, and consult their physician about personal health decisions. 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So is he playing or not?

The Magic 8 Ball says: Very Unlikely to Play

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If he's out 10 days he's not vaccinated.  Simple math. First Star and now Spencer. Very important starters. I'm so sick and tired of this F...ing virus. It's sure taking it's good time leaving.....

This is incorrect.

The simple math is that if he's out less than 10 days, he's vaccinated.

If he's out 10 days or more, he's either unvaccinated, or he didn't pass the criteria of "no symptoms for 48 hrs and two negative tests 24 hrs apart OR no symptoms and 10 days - whichever is less" for vaccinated players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just sad that the Bills organization has left the cupboard bare on the O-line, being dependent on an unvaccinated rookie and a long snapper to play the tackle opposite Indy's best rusher(Buckner). If Beane had real skills he would have picked up a stopgap O-lineman from the  scrapheap and indoctrinated him into the system for a game or 2. Why should Ford even be on the team after seeing his performance on tape. Why does Bellicek fix both lines in one offseason, and we struggle with this weakness every year. Keeping Ford and letting Teller leave was unforgivable. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

It's just sad that the Bills organization has left the cupboard bare on the O-line, being dependent on an unvaccinated rookie and a long snapper to play the tackle opposite Indy's best rusher(Buckner). If Beane had real skills he would have picked up a stopgap O-lineman from the  scrapheap and indoctrinated him into the system for a game or 2. Why should Ford even be on the team after seeing his performance on tape. Why does Bellicek fix both lines in one offseason, and we struggle with this weakness every year. Keeping Ford and letting Teller leave was unforgivable. 

Huh?

Also, totally not comprehending the logic whereby an OLman picked up off the "scrapheap" and needing to learn our system for 1-2 games would automagically be an upgrade.  Defies common sense to me.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We all (mods) agreed it was time to put the kibbosh on general covid discussion here. 

But as a PSA, I will say: no one should be making personal health decisions based on government, drug lobbies, or people with financial interests - or for that matter, self-styled "experts" appearing on the talk show circuit and information from social media or websites with an obvious slant.

Everyone should find a personal physician with good background and credentials whom they trust, and consult their physician about personal health decisions. 

The Magic 8 Ball says: Very Unlikely to Play

This is incorrect.

The simple math is that if he's out less than 10 days, he's vaccinated.

If he's out 10 days or more, he's either unvaccinated, or he didn't pass the criteria of "no symptoms for 48 hrs and two negative tests 24 hrs apart OR no symptoms and 10 days - whichever is less" for vaccinated players.

It could also be that he’s an unvaccinated close contact, and didn’t test positive, which could potentially  put him back in time for Thursday.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It could also be that he’s an unvaccinated close contact, and didn’t test positive, which could potentially  put him back in time for Thursday.

That's true.  I thought I'd heard some of the player interviews talking as though he were ill - expressing concern for his health etc.

But I could be totally mistaken and I'm not motivated to go back and hunt.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true.  I thought I'd heard some of the player interviews talking as though he were ill - expressing concern for his health etc.

But I could be totally mistaken and I'm not motivated to go back and hunt.

They were saying that about Star, not sure about Spencer, but I didn’t hear all the interviews

I wonder if the Bills would consider starting Bobby Hart AND Tommy Doyle. You would think two of them could do the job of one. It would mean no tight end, but at least Allen won't be running for his life all game. And maybe Doyle can catch a couple passes. 

Maybe I should go into coaching... 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh?

Also, totally not comprehending the logic whereby an OLman picked up off the "scrapheap" and needing to learn our system for 1-2 games would automagically be an upgrade.  Defies common sense to me.

Does playing turnstiles like Ford, Bates or a raw rookie like Doyle make common sense. We tried Williams and Ford on the right side against Jax, how did that turn out? Now this new cast of characters will man the tackle position against a good D-line, with the superstars Bobby Hart in the wings. The scrapheap addition should have been done much earlier. 

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Does playing turnstiles like Ford, Bates or a raw rookie like Doyle make common sense. We tried Williams and Ford on the right side against Jax, how did that turn out? Now this new cast of characters will man the tackle position against a good D-line, with the superstars Bobby Hart in the wings. The scrapheap addition should have been done much earlier. 

C'mon Man.  You're just making yourself look silly.

First you say "being dependent on an unvaccinated rookie and a long snapper to play the tackle opposite Indy's best rusher(Buckner)"

Where and when have we been dependent upon "a long snapper" to play offense?

Next you say "playing turnstiles like ...Bates".  Where and when has Bates shown himself to be a turnstile?

Both McD and Daboll made the point that you couldn't single out one player or one unit in the loss against Jacksonville.  In fact, the Bills moved the ball, with 300 yds of offense.   The consensus seems to be that Jax didn't feel the need to defend against the run, so they teed off on pass protection all day long with stunts and twists from 4, while they flooded the field to take away the intermediate pass. 

That same thing happened vs. Pittsburgh.  I'm not saying our OL is good, but they were adequate last season and were adequate last week against the Jets when we forced them to respect 139 yds from the run game (136 from players not named Josh Allen)

Now you say "the scrapheap addition should have been done much earlier".  Hot newsflash: it's a zero sum game.  Add someone, take someone away.  We started the season with Williams penciled in at RT.  Why?  Because he started there last season and played well enough to earn a new contract.  Based on preseason, they felt Ford played well enough to earn the starting spot at RG, while our draftee tackles watched and learned.

They were apparently mistaken on that point, but you can't apply 20/20 hindsight and say they should have foreseen all that and done a better job upgrading our 3rd string.

We probably all wish that the Bills would have sought upgrades on the IOL in FA or the draft, or at the trade deadline (they may have tried that last) but that ship has sailed, and it's different from claiming that "If Beane had real skills he would have picked up a stopgap O-lineman from the  scrapheap and indoctrinated him into the system for a game or 2." as though that for sure would be an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

C'mon Man.  You're just making yourself look silly.

First you say "being dependent on an unvaccinated rookie and a long snapper to play the tackle opposite Indy's best rusher(Buckner)"

Where and when have we been dependent upon "a long snapper" to play offense?

Next you say "playing turnstiles like ...Bates".  Where and when has Bates shown himself to be a turnstile?

Both McD and Daboll made the point that you couldn't single out one player or one unit in the loss against Jacksonville.  In fact, the Bills moved the ball, with 300 yds of offense. 

Now you say "the scrapheap addition should have been done much earlier".  Hot newsflash: it's a zero sum game.  Add someone, take someone away.  We started the season with Williams penciled in at RT.  Why?  Because he started there last season and played well enough to earn a new contract.  Based on preseason, they felt Ford played well enough to earn the starting spot at RG, while our draftee tackles watched and learned.

They were apparently mistaken on that point, but you can't apply 20/20 hindsight and say they should have foreseen all that and done a better job upgrading our 3rd string.

Obviously you being an apologist for the ineptitude of mangmt addressing this line, it will be difficult to convince you, but I'll try. Ford sucked 2 years ago. Brown , who will be good, is not dependable being unvaccinated as we are learning at the worst possible time. Bates, I said facetiously is a backup long snapper. You have a little problem with subtlety but your condescending edge makes up for it. If dropping Hart and bringing him back is the answer I'm not optimistic. It's a bottom line business. Every team loses pieces on  both sides of the line. Our depth has been wanting and accepting this fact by the fan base instead of lame explanations, will get results.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Obviously you being an apologist for the ineptitude of mangmt addressing this line, it will be difficult to convince you, but I'll try. Ford sucked 2 years ago. Brown , who will be good, is not dependable being unvaccinated as we are learning at the worst possible time. Bates, I said facetiously is a backup long snapper. You have a little problem with subtlety but your condescending edge makes up for it. If dropping Hart and bringing him back is the answer I'm not optimistic. It's a bottom line business. Every team loses pieces on  both sides of the line. Our depth has been wanting and accepting this fact by the fan base instead of lame explanations, will get results.

lol.  A bottom line business?  Like 13-3 and in the AFCCG and 6-3 so for this year?  We need to cut this lame, inept management loose!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

So stop wasting your obviously valuable time telling this Board’s cretins what should be done and and March your ass down to OBD.  Sit there and be a jackass until you get Beane’s ear.

You can do it!  Please, get moving.  

Like now.

Just now, SWATeam said:

lol.  A bottom line business?  Like 13-3 and in the AFCCG and 6-3 so for this year?  We need to cut this lame, inept management loose!

This team has a top 5 defense, JA17  and great receivers. Our season starts in January. You want to delude yourself and say the lack of a running game and moving the pocket to cover up holes in the rush lanes is giving us our best chance to beat good defenses, have at it. 13 and 3 is good  but this team will be judged by SBs. 6 and 3 is a 1/2 game ahead of NE.

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

So stop wasting your obviously valuable time telling this Board’s cretins what should be done and and March your ass down to OBD.  Sit there and be a jackass until you get Beane’s ear.

You can do it!  Please, get moving.  

Like now.

It too late for that hemmatime

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

This team has a top 5 defense, JA17  and great receivers. Our season starts in January. You want to delude yourself and say the lack of a running game and moving the pocket to cover up holes in the rush lanes is giving us our best chance to beat good defenses, have at it. 13 and 3 is good  but this team will be judged by SBs. 6 and 3 is a 1/2 game ahead of NE.

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you have a superstar QB taking up so much of your cap, they have to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.  Show me the perfect teams out there?

lol, I think this place is more negative now than when we sucked for 20 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you have a superstar QB taking up so much of your cap, they have to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.  Show me the perfect teams out there?

lol, I think this place is more negative now than when we sucked for 20 years.

You make a good point and I am sensitive to being overly negative. The thing that is frustrating is that 40 year fans, who have bled internally with this team, realize how close we are. Maybe Brown will come back for NE and Mongo will be rejuvenated, and I will admit to overreacting.  I just want to see us playing our best in December. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Maybe we should rest starters and just go vanilla scheme wise.  It’s an automatic loss without Spencer Brown but we have a chance of having him back against the Saints. 

Member since 2002. Seems about right. The BBFS is strong with this one.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Maybe we should rest starters and just go vanilla scheme wise.  It’s an automatic loss without Spencer Brown but we have a chance of having him back against the Saints. 

Oh the humanity 😬

• Haha (+1) 1