Jump to content

Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]


Royale with Cheese
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

 

Did you watch the Jax game little guy??? The o-line was trash thay whole game there peanut!!

Did you watch 2020? Check your hysterics.
 

Hey once he recovers his immunity will be so awesome there is no way he catches a breakthrough case during the playoffs. 

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You don't think teams would be on the look out for more screens, for more quick passes?  Teams could focus on defending against that.

And you need good lineman, there's no getting around it.

 

Being on the lookout for out creates hesitation on the defensive line, no?  Which may be of assistance in pass blocking, wouldn't you say?

 

And you seem to miss the same point others are - unless you know of "good linemen" to pick between now and Sunday afternoon, this is what we have.  Saying we need "good linemen" does what, exactly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you watch 2020? Check your hysterics.
 

Hey once he recovers his immunity will be so awesome there is no way he catches a breakthrough case during the playoffs. 

 

 

 

If Josh catches a breakthrough from another teammate, that could end the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

 

Did you watch the Jax game little guy??? The o-line was trash thay whole game there peanut!!

I am starting to wonder how much of the play calling didn’t help cover up the line’s deficiencies. Don’t get me wrong I think the line we had in the Chiefs game is the best line.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am starting to wonder how much of the play calling didn’t help cover up the line’s deficiencies. 

 

Good question, but with Brown and Mongo out, the line had to re-shuffle. They were good last week....now what against Taylor??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


If Josh catches mono from Sam it could end the season too.  Things happen. Enjoy the ride. These guys are people too.

 

Not gonna argue, but if these guys really wanna win, then they'll do the right thing IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you watch 2020? Check your hysterics.
 

Hey once he recovers his immunity will be so awesome there is no way he catches a breakthrough case during the playoffs. 

 

 

See now there's the glass half full approach.  Well said 29

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

JFC....get the ***** vaccination. You got the chicken pox, measles, mumps and polio vaccines and your still alive?? This is turning into a joke.

 

Every 70,000+ fans have to be vaccinated, so why not every player??? 

 

Because they have a union and a CBA, and that's what the union negotiated.  Was this a trick question?

 

Just a gentle reminder that we actually don't know Spencer Brown's vaccination status at this point. 

Unless he informs us, it's all surmise.

 

Example: Feliciano regularly re-tweets Covid conspiracy stuff, yet is vaccinated (source: him, and he ain't no AR weasel)

 

39 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

If Josh catches a breakthrough from another teammate, that could end the season.

 

That was the point of signing Trubisky - to have a backup QB who can actually play

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Patience said:

 

Being on the lookout for out creates hesitation on the defensive line, no?  Which may be of assistance in pass blocking, wouldn't you say?

 

And you seem to miss the same point others are - unless you know of "good linemen" to pick between now and Sunday afternoon, this is what we have.  Saying we need "good linemen" does what, exactly?

Saying we need good lineman refutes the notion that you think we could get away with bad lineman.  It just doesn't work that way.  

 

No,  I don't think it creates hesitation on the dline. I honesty think you're trying to fool yourself into thinking that this isn't that big of an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Motorin' said:

And condoms lower your risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease! Not a cure! 

 

I thank you for that.  I would like to use this logic in the future.

 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Game over

 

Parental Waring:  Strong Language!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, to recap: Our left tackle is having the worst year of his career; our left guard is also playing poorly, but he's injured and has been replaced by a backup who's even worse; our center is playing relatively well (which isn't saying much), our right guard is mediocre at best; and our right tackle is out with COVID, so the replacement will be a) an extremely raw rookie, b) the aforementioned mediocre guard who is alarmingly bad at tackle and would in turn be replaced by a guard who may well be the worst in the league; or c) a inexperienced backup (Bates).

 

This on a team with a superstar quarterback, a terrific set of wideouts, a rising star at tight end, a competent pair of backs, and the best defense in the league. In other words, a Maserati of a team with Walmart tires. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cant believe the amount of bedwetters around here...

 

You call it bedwetting - I call it realism. Did you see the OL without Brown? Now we're walking into a game with Indy without Brown, Lotulelei, Edmunds, and possibly Milano. Optimism is great. But you'd be kidding yourself to not be concerned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, finn said:

So, to recap: Our left tackle is having the worst year of his career; our left guard is also playing poorly, but he's injured and has been replaced by a backup who's even worse; our center is playing relatively well (which isn't saying much), our right guard is mediocre at best; and our right tackle is out with COVID, so the replacement will be a) an extremely raw rookie, b) the aforementioned mediocre guard who is alarmingly bad at tackle and would in turn be replaced by a guard who may well be the worst in the league; or c) a inexperienced backup (Bates).

 

This on a team with a superstar quarterback, a terrific set of wideouts, a rising star at tight end, a competent pair of backs, and the best defense in the league. In other words, a Maserati of a team with Walmart tires. 

 

I think that sums up the situation quite accurately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

20 pages about a RT with 4 career starts who is about to miss his 3rd game out of the last 4-----this place is amazing!!

Thing is, that RT with 4 starts has made it quite clear the OL is much better with him playing. Which is a good sign he's done that well in that little time

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

 

You call it bedwetting - I call it realism. Did you see the OL without Brown? Now we're walking into a game with Indy without Brown, Lotulelei, Edmunds, and possibly Milano. Optimism is great. But you'd be kidding yourself to not be concerned.


Even if they lose this game… the season goes on at 6-4..

Edited by Aussie Joe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...