Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Keep digging.    I like it.  

And yes,  White was my favorite CB in college football.........that's why I brought him up out of the blue in that December post.   

But keep in mind..........there was trepidation about his fit as a man coverage CB........he wasn't a first round prospect for everyone.    

And with talented man coverage CB's Gilmore and Darby on the roster.........why would anyone think that December that the Bills CB's would be playing mostly the type  of zone coverage that McDermott would later bring with him.    That's why I was willing to think about him as a safety even though I thought he could be a "terrific" corner.     Remember........very poor safety play was a big problem for that 2016 defense.........it was a crying need.  (I was also on the sign Micah Hyde train later that offseason......also a lonely 1 car vessel on TSW).

The transition to McDermott's defense heightened White's value to the Bills.    In this defense his elite intelligence and awareness and run support were able to be accentuated.         

Look, I’m not saying you’re wrong… just don’t misrepresent what you actually said. That’s the whole point. 

You’re behaving like it was some well known fact that you were championing Tre White… it wasn’t… you mentioned him 1 time prior to the Bills selecting him. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Look, I’m not saying you’re wrong… just don’t misrepresent what you actually said. That’s the whole point. 

No, you're saying I'm wrong............and not acknowledging context etc..   

So your brief research hasn't yielded what you think to be proof............what benefit is it to me to only say how much I liked White after the draft when he hasn't even put the pads on?

If I didn't think it was the right pick I would have said so.

At the time I was being EXCORIATED by people on here for being critical of many of the offseason decisions.     People were still sore at me for saying that Shaq was an underwhelming choice and that Reggie Ragnuts was a garbage pick.    I don't change my takes for anyone's approval.

When you find that post you're looking for..........be sure to start an apology thread..........because this is important.😘

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

It's not that I want to ask; I have to ask, and I hate myself for it.

What is getting tubed by an eagle?

Whoa man,  i don’t make mistakes, Just gnarly accidents... Sorry if i wrote that wrong

Surfing slang - The rapture a surfer feels in a big tube is intense, an exaltation of mind and feelings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re behaving like it was some well known fact that you were championing Tre White… it wasn’t… you mentioned him 1 time prior to the Bills selecting him. 

Don't hassle the man with logic here.  Just book your seat for the seminar!

• Haha (+1) 6

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, you're saying I'm wrong............and not acknowledging context etc..   

So your brief research hasn't yielded what you think to be proof............what benefit is it to me to only say how much I liked White after the draft when he hasn't even put the pads on?

If I didn't think it was the right pick I would have said so.

At the time I was being EXCORIATED by people on here for being critical of many of the offseason decisions.     People were still sore at me for saying that Shaq was an underwhelming choice and that Reggie Ragnuts was a garbage pick.    I don't change my takes for anyone's approval.

When you find that post you're looking for..........be sure to start an apology thread..........because this is important.😘

You made 1 comment about Tre White prior to the draft, you mentioned 2011 5th round pick Johnny White more than you mentioned Tre’Davious White.

The 1 comment you made was nothing close to a comment with conviction about Tre White being the top corner in the draft. You said he would be a RD2 or RD3 pick… does that mean you didn’t have any CB rated as RD1 picks in 2017?

Then you didn’t discuss the player for about 5 months… until all of a sudden with only one prior instance of discussing Tre’Davious White on the message board, you say he’s your favorite corner. 

For you to make the comment upthread that you were the only person to have Tre White rated as the #1 CB on this message board would have required you to have definitively said something of the sort leading up to the draft. 

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

37 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Buffalo doesn't have Skittles?

With the way he takes care of his "chicken", Marshawn could have a giant vat of skittles delivered and waiting for him everywhere he goes.

Meanwhile, to talk a little football here:

Good: our 'lil Dirty has been climbing the ranks of the KR/PR this season:

Bad:  Look who is one of the most penalized players in the NFL right now 😬

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

You made 1 comment about Tre White prior to the draft, you mentioned 2011 5th round pick Johnny White more than you mentioned Tre’Davious White.

The 1 comment you made was nothing close to a comment with conviction about Tre White being the top corner in the draft. You said he would be a RD2 or RD3 pick… does that mean you didn’t have any CB rated as RD1 picks in 2017?

Then you didn’t discuss the player for about 5 months… until all of a sudden with only one prior instance of discussing Tre’Davious White on the message board, you say he’s your favorite corner. 

For you to make the comment upthread that you were the only person to have Tre White rated as the #1 CB on this message board would have required you to have definitively said something of the sort leading up to the draft. 

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

It’s not that badobillz isn’t smart That football stuff he is he’s just a major jerk about it

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that sounds about right for December prior to that draft.    It wasn't a draft full of dynamic CB talent.    As we got thru the draft process he stood out as the best of the bunch, IMO.   He played a premium position where you want that 5th year option and fit the new system extremely well.    Did I think he would be Jalen Ramsey?   No.  And he hasn't been.   Speed was always the question with him.   Can I see him being a 30 year old safety in this system?........yep.   Hope he is a Bill for life.  So thanks for the refresher.   Hope you weren't disappointed to see me doing as I said.........talking up a player who was mostly invisible to Bills fans during the draft process.:thumbsup: 

Not true - that was a great DB class. Lattimore, Humphrey and White have all emerged from it to be top 10 corners, Shaquille Griffin was in the class, I liked Sideny Jones as well in college although post that pretty gruesome injury he has not performed to his potential in the NFL. White has been the best of the bunch though, no doubt. I had Lattimore #1 and White and Humphrey tied #2, Jones #4 and Adoree Jackson (who has been a bit of a disappointment) #5. It was the class of Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Budda Baker too. Was the best class of DB prospects I have ever evaluated coming out. I had something like 25 of my top 100 players that year as DBs. They haven't all worked out, they never do, but that was a really good class. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Awesome!

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ask him about Star.  He went after me all offseason because I said Star would make a difference.

He even sent me a GIF of a starship in space exploding saying “all aboard!”.

He also said that 300+ professional football players can’t do much cardio, don’t workout much in the offseason and must have a sedentary lifestyle to remain big.  He literally said that and then kept arguing it.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Awesome!

He'll just end up blocking him.  That's what he does when he gets called out.  It's the Timmy Graham Discussion Technique.  "I will talk to you, as long as you agree with everything I say."  It's wicked cool.

22 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Offense rank here is "bogus" looks like this is total yards rank, and seeing as how Bills have played 1 less game, Colts have them by a hair in total yards. 

Bills avg 33 pts per game to Colts 26. Very shady ranking! 

No kidding...no idea why anyone would use totals versus averages once we hit the bye weeks.

Colts D are actually 19th in yards/game (Bill #1, obviously), while the Colts offense is 12th in yards/game with the Bills coming in 5th.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.