Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering Hyde made a difficult open-field tackle where Henry flattened him but he hung on long enough for the rest of the team to get there...Imma go with:

"he said what he said"

Henry broke a long run against us.  Otherwise, Bills contained him to 70 yds on 21 carries.  His major effect was that they were too busy worrying about Henry to do enough covering the pass.

I agree.  It was not that 5e run defense was bad, it was that they allowed Tannehill to beat them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

I hope so... really dont like the idea of facing Taylor with Star, Edmunds and Milano out.

I’m more worried about Jack Doyle and Mo Ali Cox within Edmunds and Milano. TEs are a QBs best friend and I don’t want to give Wentz any help 

5 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Just rewatching the 2020 game and a few thoughts:

We should be proud won this game. Some folks speak about this game like we got like lucky, but we were in a knife fight and stuck in there, and came out on top.

Josh Allen too is remembered as playing bad when he was electric and made a ton of crazy plays.

The Colts were motivated. This was the playoffs, this was Rivers last tour. He wanted it bad.

Rivers release was ungodly quick. We got decent pressure and he was so wired in. 

This is an underrated game in the lore of this team. Bills fans should not talk about this like some strange embarrassing incident. We're tough. We hung in there and played tough the next week too. 

Rivers targeted his TEs a lot too 

This is not an easy game but the Bills are by far the better team across the board, with the biggest disparity being at the QB position.  For those focusing on last year’s playoff game as a barometer, Rivers is retired and awaiting his hall of fame invitation five years from now.  Wentz is simply not capable of playing at that level against the Bills defense.  If they go off for 150 yards rushing, so what.  Do not let Wentz beat you.  I sincerely hope they do not come out with some sell out to stop the run game plan.  That is the wrong way to play this, in my opinion, just as it was in TN.

On offense, the Bills have struggled recently to execute but they definitely have the better horses and should be able to overcome what resistance the Colts can provide.  Tougher game than last week for sure, but there is no reason the Bills should not win this going away.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

worst excuse for a "song" in that Twitter video. Bove should be suspended for journalistic malfeasance

LOL that Chipmunks TikTok abhomination of the classic Shangri-La breakup song pukes me out too, but then, we only just installed a couple of USB outlets in our house, in time for everything to switch to wireless charging

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not worked up at all.  Just thought it was an odd way to answer the question.

Yeah, it’s totally odd to say that the goal is to execute the plays the way they are called and how they have practiced them. 

Weird. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, it’s totally odd to say that the goal is to execute the plays the way they are called and how they have practiced them. 

Weird. 

I meant the part about if Daboll wants him to throw 30 yards he throws 30 yards.  If he wants him to throw 3 he throws 3.  Depends on what DABOLL sees.  Does Allen not have the ability to decide where he throws the ball?  Is this why sometimes he doesnt take the checkdown?  I would guess he would but the comment is strange.

You are making a bigger deal out of my comment then needs to be. Im not worked up, I just thought it was strange.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Magox said:

There seems to be this thought that the Bills need to sell out against the run.  I think that is the opposite approach that the Bills should be taking.  The Bills defense going back a few years now biggest weakness is when offenses are able to get the Bills off balance with a run/play action pass attack over the middle.   The way I see it is that in order for the Bills to win against these sort of teams is by playing good complimentary football.  

The base nickel defense unlike other years has shown they can do an effective job stopping the run.  With the way this defense is setup and playing, I'd take my chances with teams attempting to nickel and dime their way down the field.  I think this defense is too good to allow teams to do that consistently.  When the defense begins to play poorly is when they try to over commit to the run and allow the play action to run roughshod over them.

Stick to the way they have been playing defense, preach stopping the run, playing good gap integrity with sound tackling but play the base defense that they have been and not look to overcommit to stop the run.

Bulls eye 👍

12 hours ago, FLFan said:

This is not an easy game but the Bills are by far the better team across the board, with the biggest disparity being at the QB position.  For those focusing on last year’s playoff game as a barometer, Rivers is retired and awaiting his hall of fame invitation five years from now.  Wentz is simply not capable of playing at that level against the Bills defense.  If they go off for 150 yards rushing, so what.  Do not let Wentz beat you.  I sincerely hope they do not come out with some sell out to stop the run game plan.  That is the wrong way to play this, in my opinion, just as it was in TN.

On offense, the Bills have struggled recently to execute but they definitely have the better horses and should be able to overcome what resistance the Colts can provide.  Tougher game than last week for sure, but there is no reason the Bills should not win this going away.  

Agreed.  Rivers played very well in the playoff game; it was a fitting way to end his career. I don’t think Wentz is capable of playing at that level against us. 

I didn't realize the Colts are two overtime losses (Titans, Ravens) from being on a 7 game win streak. They really are playing well. This is going to be a huge test for the  Bills. I think they will win and my guess is its by a field goal. Get ready for another "nervous" or "anxious" Sunday afternoon. Definitely won't be 45-17 this week.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Magox said:

There seems to be this thought that the Bills need to sell out against the run.  I think that is the opposite approach that the Bills should be taking.  The Bills defense going back a few years now biggest weakness is when offenses are able to get the Bills off balance with a run/play action pass attack over the middle.   The way I see it is that in order for the Bills to win against these sort of teams is by playing good complimentary football.  

The base nickel defense unlike other years has shown they can do an effective job stopping the run.  With the way this defense is setup and playing, I'd take my chances with teams attempting to nickel and dime their way down the field.  I think this defense is too good to allow teams to do that consistently.  When the defense begins to play poorly is when they try to over commit to the run and allow the play action to run roughshod over them.

Stick to the way they have been playing defense, preach stopping the run, playing good gap integrity with sound tackling but play the base defense that they have been and not look to overcommit to stop the run.

Yep let them matriculate ...the big key is not letting them on hitting chunk plays. Like Henry's big runs.

We've given up some decent rushing yards in games we won. 

Our defense will then force turnovers, make big plays, eventually stall out drives, hunker down in RZ, or do their thing and our offense and ST is good enough to flip field position. 

We had some lousy field position that 2020 game. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I keep watching the weather praying it won't rain... then last night, went from no rain to 65%

So what's Buffalo like when it's raining and 47 degrees? Trying to judge what to layer up in (clothes-wise).

Make sure you bring a rain poncho; it won't be so bad if the water isn't soaking into your clothes. Bring one with you or get it now because they're going to sell out in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Make sure you bring a rain poncho; it won't be so bad if the water isn't soaking into your clothes. Bring one with you or get it now because they're going to sell out in Buffalo. 

Thanks... My youngest daughter goes to Ole Miss and I went to the first parent weekend there, they played Tulane. It was the most rain I have ever experienced in my life (and I'm from Oklahoma, where I witnessed the most powerful storm in recorded human history). I was drenched. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.