What do you do when your QB is under constant pressure

John from Riverside

Even though we hate to see it I thought Allen should have ran the hell out of the ball today. It worked in the first quarter for some big gains. Not sure if the Jags adjusted by Allen was under pressure on nearly every pass play. Should have made them pay.

It's hard to see this team having long term playoff success without a running game.

Just now, Motorin' said:

40% of the starting O-Line was out today. 

That's the NFL. Going to have to find a work around. Chiefs were missing at least the same percentage by the time they made it to the Super Bowl.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Even though we hate to see it I thought Allen should have ran the hell out of the ball today. It worked in the first quarter for some big gains. Not sure if the Jags adjusted by Allen was under pressure on nearly every pass play. Should have made them pay.

It's hard to see this team having long term playoff success without a running game.

That's the NFL. Going to have to find a work around. Chiefs were missing at least the same percentage by the time they made it to the Super Bowl.

And look how the chiefs played in said superbowl....next man up doesmt really apply to oline amd dline....we have oline depth problems

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Our O coordinator doesn't have a clue what to do or what to call when his QB is under constant pressure.  He had no answer.  

What answer would you have when the FO refuses to address the Oline and running game for the past 2 years?

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Our O coordinator doesn't have a clue what to do or what to call when his QB is under constant pressure.  He had no answer.  

How do you know this?

You know what I said repeatedly today? Run the damn play. Allen seemed, to me, to be checking out of plays far too often. He “outsmarted” himself IMO.

Just now, Beerball said:

How do you know this?

You know what I said repeatedly today? Run the damn play. Allen seemed, to me, to be checking out of plays far too often. He “outsmarted” himself IMO.

By watching the game?  We were outcoached badly the first half against Miami and all day today.  Teams have figured out how to defend his offense and he hasn't done anything to change it up.  How do you know Allen is changing the play that's called too often? I bet he isn't changing it as often as you think.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

YOU RUN THE BALL

.......oh wait

According the brain trust on this forum you start calling more slant passes!  

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Exactly.  And we can't because they not only can't pass block but they can't run block. 

Give a QB and a play caller a lot to work with 

7 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

By watching the game?  We were outcoached badly the first half against Miami and all day today.  Teams have figured out how to defend his offense and he hasn't done anything to change it up.  How do you know Allen is changing the play that's called too often? I bet he isn't changing it as often as you think.

What about all of the times Allen went to a different play? It was MANY times today. You and I have no clue if the original play would have worked.

I don’t disagree with your overall statement. I’ve been saying it myself. Teams, ourselves included, have figured out the Chiefs. By doing that they’ve also figured us out. We have been getting by because Allen hasn’t made the critical mistakes until today. Whoever figures it out first (or changes personnel) will be the winner. Andy Reid or Daboll. Who is your money on?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.