Offensive Line is Garbage

billsfan_34

37 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

My theory is Josh was hurt and knew he couldn't deliver his usual laser to the sideline. But even if true, the option he went with was worse imo. Josh got beat up all game. I believe his throwing shoulder wasn't the same by games end.

Today was a confluence of factors that led to us looking like the worst o-line in the league. I have no complaints about Morse. Maybe he got beat a couple times but he wasn't a recurring problem. The other 4 were bad to terrible. Dawkins had his worst game of the year. So did Williams. With Brown and Feliciano out we were forced to start Ford and Boettger. Boettger is a backup caliber guard and Ford is not even roster worthy. Plus we are without Knox and Sweeney is a bottom of the roster type of player, not a remotely capable blocker. I felt so bad for Allen.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Today was a confluence of factors that led to us looking like the worst o-line in the league. I have no complaints about Morse. Maybe he got beat a couple times but he wasn't a recurring problem. The other 4 were bad to terrible. Dawkins had his worst game of the year. So did Williams. With Brown and Feliciano out we were forced to start Ford and Boettger. Boettger is a backup caliber guard and Ford is not even roster worthy. Plus we are without Knox and Sweeney is a bottom of the roster type of player, not a remotely capable blocker. I felt so bad for Allen.

Totally agree.  Dawkins, IMO, has not fully recovered from his bout with covid.   Clearly Ford cannot play any position on the o line.  If our backups are better players (e.g. Bates) we need to put them out there.  The weakest link in the chain is the most important.  It can break the chain.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Totally agree.  Dawkins, IMO, has not fully recovered from his bout with covid.   Clearly Ford cannot play any position on the o line.  If our backups are better players (e.g. Bates) we need to put them out there.  The weakest link in the chain is the most important.  It can break the chain.

If Dawkins hasn’t recovered from his Covid the Bills could have a big problem. He has a large contract and it’s possible his body could never return to the same level of function as it previously had. 

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

If Dawkins hasn’t recovered from his Covid the Bills could have a big problem. He has a large contract and it’s possible his body could never return to the same level of function as it previously had. 

I think he just needs to get stronger...physically and mentally.

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I dunno about Bates.  But Williams at RT, Ford at RG, and Boettger at LG ARE our backups

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about Bates.  But Williams at RT, Ford at RG, and Boettger at LG ARE our backups

You're right...albeit Williams started last year at RT and was moved inside due to Brown's emergence.  I think Bates is better out there than Ford at the very least, but I don't know if they've ever tried him at guard.

WTF is it gonna take for Bates to get a shot? If he is truly a backup at all 5 OL spots, at least try him over Ford for a series, it can't possibly be worse. I am dumbfounded that we made no halftime adjustments to the OL.

Ford down-blocking to triple team a rusher & letting a DT fly directly past him to Josh was the last straw for me. I know we don't know the blocking assigments, but it definitely wasn't supposed to be a triple team. That guy is lost.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.