Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

he is NOT needed 

For this season, probably not “needed”.. but I wouldn’t mind having him in-building to see if he’s a fit with Josh and then potentially extending him to have Diggs/Beckham for the next few years, given Sanders/Beasley’s age.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um...aren't we winning now?  How would this guy put us over the top, in the games where we have not won?

This was in response to him saying "I'd rather lose without him, than win with him".

I just needed to point out he's not oj, ray Lewis, Rae Carruth, tyreek Hill. Or Ray Rice. Those are the types of players you make that comment about.... in the theoretical scenario I responded to, I'm not willing to lose, so that we don't have a dbag on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless the Bills have multiple long term injuries at WR I don't think they will have any interest. The Bills can't claim him off waivers as it would be a 7.25 million dollar cap hit. I doubt because of that fact that anyone will claim him off waivers. I suspect that KC, NOLA, and possibly Green Bay will be interested on a minimum deal. It will be interesting to see where exactly he goes and what impact he has. 

Character issues are a deal breaker for McD/Beane. That is how they went about building the current winning culture in Buffalo. Intrinsic to the type of character that they require is a team-first mentality. It's crystal clear that OBJ is the antithesis of that. OBJ coming to Buffalo is a non-starter, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For this season, probably not “needed”.. but I wouldn’t mind having him in-building to see if he’s a fit with Josh and then potentially extending him to have Diggs/Beckham for the next few years, given Sanders/Beasley’s age.  

I don’t want a cancer ️ in the Bills locker room. 

period. 

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Character issues are a deal breaker for McD/Beane. That is how they went about building the current winning culture in Buffalo. Intrinsic to the type of character that they require is a team-first mentality. It's crystal clear that OBJ is the antithesis of that. OBJ coming to Buffalo is a non-starter, IMO.

THIS

22 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This was in response to him saying "I'd rather lose without him, than win with him".

I just needed to point out he's not oj, ray Lewis, Rae Carruth, tyreek Hill. Or Ray Rice. Those are the types of players you make that comment about.... in the theoretical scenario I responded to, I'm not willing to lose, so that we don't have a dbag on the team.

OK, Fair.  I can go with that viewpoint.  Just Win, Baby.

I just don't see him as the take us over the top player where the "juice is worth the squeeze"

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He's also not Terrel Owens, Randy Moss or Chad Johnson. Those are the kinds of talents you accept even if they have some baggage.

Beckham is a wildly overrated, self-important little attention ***** who has 3 TDs and 500 yrds receiving over the last year and would be about 5th on the Bills depth chart.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-will-release-odell-beckham-jr-051443256.html

Per article team is working on contract changes since Tuesday night.

My bet is Beckham going to the Packers.

i clocked vomit, but I agree.  Could also see Tampa. 

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

kind of the same thing ppl said about Diggs and AB 

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

All 3 different players, different situations. diggs and obj are similar in the fact they were trying to get out of stefanski’s run-first offense led by mediocre QBs. But there is a reason diggs was a hot commodity on the trade market and obj wasn’t. 

AB was in a class by himself with all of his off-field issues 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

All 3 different players, different situations. diggs and obj are similar in the fact they were trying to get out of stefanski’s run-first offense led by mediocre QBs. But there is a reason diggs was a hot commodity on the trade market and obj wasn’t. 

AB was in a class by himself with all of his off-field issues 

I think OBJ would be okay here for under a season like Owens was. Winning seems to help.  

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Apples and bananas. Diggs wanted out of MN, sure. But no one (other than salty Vikes fans) ever accused  him of being “me first.” He never threw a tantrum. He never badmouthed his team, coach, or anyone he played with. He never beat up on equipment on the sideline, or embarrassed himself in any way. 

and what ppl say about OBJ doesn’t matter. The only opinions that count are from McDermott, and Beane, and I don’t believe either are going to give OBJ a second thought. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.