10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

I blame Steve Tasker. He said on OBL yesterday that it was gonna be a beat down by the Bills. He said they paid back the Chiefs last week and that the Bills still had a sour taste in their mouth from last years beating by Tennessee. Also said they haven't forgot that game and they would pound the Titans. Said it wouldn't even be close, because they knew how to stop Henry. 

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Either decision was right... titans could've won the toss and steamrolled us in overtime too..we didn't stop them at all in the second half really.  Qb sneak on 4th and inches with Josh allen has gotta be like 75% chance of success but it didn't work out 

99.9% chance.  Sucks it didn't work.  I was talking to my bud on the phone when it was going on, not even realizing the circumstances.  I had that much 'know' that was going to work.  Sucks it didn't, but 99.9% times, it does!  They won tonight, and deservedly so.  Damn, they're RB is a STUD!  Best in the NFL, and so strong/game-changing on his own.  Maybe more than (not saying he's better, but he's definitely game-changing as any that has ever been) Barry.  And Barry was THE MAN!  Just in different ways.

RB's aren't supposed to be 6'3, 250! :)  That's flipping TE size, NOT a RB with the wheels, and moves that truck has!

15 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I blame Steve Tasker. He said on OBL yesterday that it was gonna be a beat down by the Bills. He said they paid back the Chiefs last week and that the Bills still had a sour taste in their mouth from last years beating by Tennessee. Also said they haven't forgot that game and they would pound the Titans. Said it wouldn't even be close, because they knew how to stop Henry. 

The line being what it was and all the media I saw  picking the Bills to cover had me thinking a lot of people were underestimating the Titans. I thought this one was gonna be close. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Old Coot said:

QB should go straight ahead as soon as the ball is hiked.  Josh danced to his left and then tried to go in.  hard to say what this play was designed to do; maybe Josh off left tackle but Sweeney's block is late.

I think that Dawkins did what he was supposed to do.  The entire left side of the line is blocking down and Josh looks at the oncoming outside LB before deciding to go off guard left guard.  I'll bet Sweeney is supposed to prevent the outside LB from crashing down, thus giving Josh a lane off left tackle.

2 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I think that Dawkins did what he was supposed to do.  The entire left side of the line is blocking down and Josh looks at the oncoming outside LB before deciding to go off guard left guard.  I'll bet Sweeney is supposed to prevent the outside LB from crashing down, thus giving Josh a lane off left tackle.

On the replays I watched it looked like Dawkins got blown up and decleated. The left side of the line have had better games.

On those same replays it looks like Moss could have jogged to the sticks or maybe scored with Sweeny sealing the edge if the call had been for Allen to fake the sneak then pitch it to Moss on the end around. Tennessee completely sold out crashing the left side of the OL and there were opportunities to take advantage of that.

Would-a, could-a, should-a...

2 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Why was tonight the night to get cute and start obada? Epenesa and Boogie are physical and quick enough to get to Henry before he gets steam. 

I think playing Obada or Phillips is fine, but there was no reason to have both.  I would have much rather have sat Addison instead of Epenesa too.

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I blame the coaching.  We only rushed 4 on passing plays, but didn’t have our best pass rushers out there.  Why is Zimmer playing so much on passing downs.  

Well, *Coach*, it was a management decision to beef up the middle of the Dline for the game. Harry played very well, stuffing holes and providing inside rush pressure. But you have to take off your BBFS sunglasses to see. 
I’ll try to find out why your piercing insights weren’t recognized. …….

7 hours ago, Success said:

TN is really asserting themselves as a nemesis.

Kind of fun, in a way.  Rivalries are cool, especially when you truly can't stand the other team.

If ‘truly can’t stand the other team’ is the criteria, count me in on our newest rivalry!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What a great game...too bad the Bills lost

McD made a gutsy call to go for it and they just couldn't execute the play.

I think they should have faked the FB Gilliam plunge they used in pre season and ran Josh around the end to the right.

You got to give him credit he could have just kicked the FG and took his chances on OT

4 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

Tannehill is the new Alex Smith. Never makes the boneheaded mistake and does just enough to keep his team in the game. Sitting for 2 weeks on this loss will not be fun.

I am over it already.

What a terrible loss. I had dreams all night about the game. Alternate endings, replaying the last two plays over and over, seeing the stupid Titans celebrating, etc. One of the all-time heartbreakers. Feels like thinking back over what happened after your girlfriend leaves you or something. Hurts like that

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Agree 1

Tough one.  It was the right thing to go for it, but I wish they would have been more inventive with the call.  

You win games up front, and we just got beat up front last night similar to the Steelers game.  Brown had his first game where he looked like a rookie.  Interior line play and Dawkins still spotty at best.  

McD will use this as a motivator.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.