Jump to content

10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread


Chandler#81
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

 

Couldnt agree more. the time management and play calling was baffling at the end.

Well you could see early on this game was trending towards a shootout and I’m not blaming Allen.

 

He played his guts out and that airborne run was incredible, giving it all he had there.


He willed the ball down the field and put the team on his back.

 

I just thought the Coaches outsmarted themselves, getting into that formation making it easy for the Titans to key in, instead of simply running a play that gave Allen maximum options especially considering there was only 22 seconds left, you’re on the 2 yard line so why are you playing for a yard there instead of getting a ball into the end zone?
 

 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

That was KINDA my point. It was a bad series at a bad time in the game, when the offense could have sealed the deal by simply doing what they'd been doing previously. But of course it happens. 

 

Just can't happen then when the defense is getting run over. He was so composed and under control for the most part. Taking check downs, avoiding bad plays (despite poor line play and Titans scheming the Bills seemed a bit unprepared for). The same kind of approach would have worked on that drive, seemed like.

I totally get what you're saying but we don't give him enough credit when he holds the ball and hits on a huge game changing play imo...we wouldve gotten bounced first round of the playoffs if it weren't for plays exactly like that one.  Being able to take the top off the defense is huge for opening up other stuff much like Henry running the ball sets up play action passes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The officiating was atrocious, game changingly bad. The announcing was somehow worse than Sunday Night Football, and I'm not even sure how that's possible.

 

The defensive plan didn't work, but only because of the 74 yard breakout run that was only possible because of a blatant hold. Without that, I think the script probably works. That being said, I hate Epenesa being inactive.  Why aren't we sacking guys? Pressure is there, clean up and finish.

 

Offensively, Josh Allen is a monster.  He was doing about as much as you can ask.  The offensive line was BAD.  The interior gave up a ton of pressure, Spencer Brown got ran over multiple times, and Dawkins just didn't look like himself.  I don't know what you can do but I'm drafting guards next offseason.  Redzone efficiency is poor, and I don't know how you fix it without a run game that actually be effective.

 

This loss really, really stings. I hate it. I hate it a lot.  I just hope the team can do better.

Edited by Bruffalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well you could see early on this game was trending towards a shootout and I’m not blaming Allen.

 

He played his guts out and that airborne run was incredible, giving it all he had there.


He willed the ball down the field and put the team on his back.

 

I just thought the Coaches outsmarted themselves, getting into that formation making it easy for the Titans to key in, instead of simply running a play that gave Allen maximum options especially considering there was only 22 seconds left. 

Honestly formation alone I thought we had a win there.  Our oline just got absolutely embarrassed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Typical doom and gloom after a loss. We lost by three points to a good team on the road. It happens. Yeah, we are gonna have some things to iron out. We always learn. We are good. Everyone enjoy your week off!

 

They are a very solid team, that Vrabel usually has ready to play who are not strangers to the post season.

 

2017 they lost the divisional playoffs to the Patriots

2019 they beat the Patriots, Ravens, then lost AFC Championship game to the Chiefs (35-24)

2020 they lost the wildcard against the Ravens (20-13)

Edited by WideNine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It's really pretty amazing how bad he blew it on that play...in a negative way of course loll like that's almost 'I bet my life savings on the titans so im throwing the game' level bad 

I watched the play alot, he definitely blew it but when I look close. The defender grabbed Dawkins right shoulder pulls it down and pushes up Dawkins left shoulder while driving into him, completely flipping Dawkins out of the way. Perfect play call perfect move at the perfect spot of the play. Alot of things went well for the titans tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I totally get what you're saying but we don't give him enough credit when he holds the ball and hits on a huge game changing play imo...we wouldve gotten bounced first round of the playoffs if it weren't for plays exactly like that one.  Being able to take the top off the defense is huge for opening up other stuff much like Henry running the ball sets up play action passes 

For sure he holds it and makes big chunk plays all the time. But on THAT drive, in THAT game, we needed to possess the ball and get first downs (and ideally score some points). And on the play I originally cited, we really needed Josh to come off his aggressive intentions and move up in the damned pocket (as the Titans rush left a RARE lane right up the gut for him), and either run for 4-10 yards or toss it to Sweeney for 4-10 yards. I had been praising his measured approach and willingness to bring his eyes back to his outlets for much of the game. But he went myopic on us there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t mind if they go for it on 4th down but that 4th down play call was just horrid. Everyone and their mother knew we were going to QB sneak it. As soon as Allen went under center I threw my phone and took a piss.

That's kind of the game with a qb sneak though...they are very effective unless you get everyone around the line of scrimmage...it really didn't look like the titans even sold out on the sneak to me our guys just got whooped outrageously bad...the offensive line started winning late in the game too looked like the titans dline was starting to get gassed...so I'm pretty surprised how monumentally bad that sneak went 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Honestly formation alone I thought we had a win there.  Our oline just got absolutely embarrassed.  

I don’t think Jeremy White has a deep reservoir of useful insights, but the giant-people 4th-1 sneak there was a strange decision to me.

 

Go for the win, I get it.

 

But why not just run a final play?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

 

They are a very solid team, that Vrabel usually has ready to play who are not strangers to the post season.

 

2017 they lost the divisional playoffs to the Patriots

2019 they beat the Patriots, Ravens, then lost AFC Championship game to the Chiefs (35-24)

2020 they lost the wildcard against the Ravens (20-13)


Yep. I don’t think Vrabel is the smartest coach in every situation but he has done a good job overall. 
 

This type of team is one of if not the worst matchup for us. We are absolutely built to stop the pass. The Titans are uniquely capable of setting the tone via the run game because they have one of the best backs of all time. 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...