10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It’s felt like Allen was struggling tonite, his passes tonite were very wobbly. I don’t know if it was Monday nite football pressure or just a bad game but the ball did not spin out of his hand tonight like it usually does. 

Disagree. For the most part Allen was very good. He was under pressure way too much. He was the clear leader of the team. He made big plays and only had one int.  I'll take this version of Allen every week. This loss was mostly on the D and O line. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

missed, in, didn't see, didn't throw the ball, or threw to a guy who was covered when a guy was open elsewhere.  

You can’t just magically look and see an open guy on the opposite side of the field when you’re looking one way and have pressure in your face and have to get the ball out. 

Come on, man. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

The running game was not there, at all. Even Josh couldn't run, except on that sack, he had the middle of the field WIDE OPEN. That whole series was just horrid. All we had to do was get a couple of first downs

Agreed, I think we should have completely abandoned the run in the 4th. They had no fear of moss and motor, they played bend but don't break defense, our slow rbs wont break you. Josh just had a few bad balls deep, but the short passing where we have recievers that can break you after the catch was there all night.  And diggs was smoking everyone on the deep balls. Trying to keep the play action honest was a waste of time.

• Like (+1) 2

Titans looked up for the game. Bills secondary played really well but the DLine looked useless tonight. Statistically the Bills outplayed the Titans but ultimately the score is the only number that matters.

I had a feeling when the ball bounced off Poyers helmet and was caught by Julio with a toe tap that things just weren't going to be easy tonight.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Dude give up. Blaming Allen for this is a losing cause. 

where did I blame Allen for this loss?  I'll wait.  Because I didn't.  I simply stated that he missed (as in did not notice) wide open WR's for TD's.  That's a fact.   I mean, freaking Levy was getting a fetish at one point about showing replays of it for some odd reason.  

He played a good game, but that sack he took on 2nd and 10 with Sweeney wide open in the 3rd qtr was a huge momentum play for Tennessee. 

Getting 0 points when our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed really hurt. Still, he was definitely not the reason we lost. The defense has to be better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I knew going for it was a mistake. McDs decision making on that last drive were terrible and concerning.

1. calling TO when you have the defense reeling with 45 seconds left was stupid.

2. Ofc I’m going to say not kicking the FG was dumb. I knew it was from the get-go. 

Not kicking the FG shows McD truly had no answer and/or did not want to adjust the defense. He sounds weak in his press conference tonight too. Very nonchalant and its very strange 

Was he wrong to have no confidence in the defense? Lol I think you can definitely make a case for either decision but going for it with your offense is not the 'weak' decision imo I think in his press conference he was absolutely f***** livid that joshs scramble the play before the 4th down got ruled a first down by the refs then 'changed' without an official review  and didn't want to lose his mind 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

At least this games showed us that the Bills are not peaking yet. I want the team to peak a month before the playoff starts.

It really doesn’t matter though. We have no answers for a team like Tampa. Tampa is a better version of Tennessee, minus Henry, but they are competent enough in the running game. KC is a good RB away from being to good to beat as well. The only way we win a super bowl is to get better on the line and get a RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree. For the most part Allen was very good. He was under pressure way too much. He was the clear leader of the team. He made big plays and only had one int.  I'll take this version of Allen every week. This loss was mostly on the D and O line. 

And his only int was because the right tackle got blown up and his arm got hit. It wasn’t a bad decision or inaccurate throw.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It’s felt like Allen was struggling tonite, his passes tonite were very wobbly. I don’t know if it was Monday nite football pressure or just a bad game but the ball did not spin out of his hand tonight like it usually does. 

I just don't get where this is coming from. Are you seriously claiming that the Monday Night Pressure got to Allen? He was great tonight and if you showed me his stat line and told me before the game that we would score 31 points I would have said there was a 100% chance we win.

Allen had ONE bad drive, late in the game, where he stopped taking what the D gave him and got greedy (the bad 3-and-out). He could've climbed the pocket and run or found Sweeney to the right flat wide open when instead he drifted right into pressure and got sacked. That was old school, inexcusable Josh play. And put us behind the sticks.

Otherwise he was mostly a stud. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.