Baldinger "can anyone beat the Bills?"

JÂy RÛßeÒ

46 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree with this, but I still think the Bills would be able to handle them in the playoffs fairly easily because of inexperience in big games and simple fact Chargers defense just isn't very good.

Also why I don't see the Chargers holding up and being a top 2 seed and still think KC may ultimately catch them for the division.

Chargers D is FAR better than the Chiefs (easily the worst in the league)....and the Chiefs therefore will catch the Chargers in the Division?

Chargers D has had one really bad game (a win).  Their only loss was against a very good Cowboys team (scored 20).  

Holding up?  Going back to the end of last year, they have won 8 of their last 9including their last 2 against the Chiefs.  The Chiefs are flailing now.

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

When a player is that wide open the ball is always underthrown. At that point you just want to make sure the ball gets to him. Not worth risking an overthrow. The simple truth is Diggs lost his footing or his awareness for a second. 95% of the time that's a walk in TD exactly as thrown. No big deal. Diggs is still a stud.

I didn't get it either.  Seemed Diggs lost focus or concentration for a second.  

On 10/11/2021 at 4:53 PM, FilthyBeast said:

If history has taught us anything some of the greatest regular season teams in NFL history have crashed and burn come playoff time, in a lot of cases 'one and done' without even making it to a SB to lose there.

So yes of course this team can be beaten and I think any of the following teams are capable of doing it as of today since they all have equally capable defenses/offenses: Rams, Browns, Chargers, Cardinals, Cowboys.

Regardless still a long way to go and the only real concern is if the Bills are peaking too early, assuming they aren't going to play any better this year which is a scary though if possible.

Also, some of the greatest regular season teams in NFL history have gone on to win the Super Bowl.  Regular season success is not a predictor of postseason failure.  Only one team gets to win the Super Bowl each year, so it's a given that a few very good regular season teams are going to fail in the quest to win the Super Bowl, but you're still better off heading into the playoffs with a record of dominance than having just squeezed in as a bottom end wild card team.

18 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Also, some of the greatest regular season teams in NFL history have gone on to win the Super Bowl.  Regular season success is not a predictor of postseason failure.  Only one team gets to win the Super Bowl each year, so it's a given that a few very good regular season teams are going to fail in the quest to win the Super Bowl, but you're still better off heading into the playoffs with a record of dominance than having just squeezed in as a bottom end wild card team.

You're not wrong either, i guess my thought is that I would prefer the Bills are playing their best football and peaking in Nov/Dec vs Sep/Oct but perhaps that will still be the case.

Either way getting the #1 seed matters because you guarantee yourself home field throughout and have to play one less playoff game, but some of the biggest upsets in NFL history have happened to the #1 seed coming who had a bye week and in some cases were able to rest guys in the final weeks of the regular season which was my point.

Bills are the most talented team.  And if they play to their potential, can’t be beaten.  But teams rarely play to their potential…much less strong together those games in the playoffs.  

so of course they can be beaten

Edited by Crayola64

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Chargers D is FAR better than the Chiefs (easily the worst in the league)....and the Chiefs therefore will catch the Chargers in the Division?

Chargers D has had one really bad game (a win).  Their only loss was against a very good Cowboys team (scored 20).  

Holding up?  Going back to the end of last year, they have won 8 of their last 9including their last 2 against the Chiefs.  The Chiefs are flailing now.

My point about holding up is that just like with any rising team/QB, the more film teams get of Herbert the more they will be able to slow him down in the future just like we are seeing with Mahomes.

Also the big difference right now with Staley as HC vs Anthony Lynn is they are winning close games, but you can argue they are getting lucky with all the success on aggressive 4th down calls. And once teams start to stop them the luck simply runs out.

Until then yes the Chargers are up there but I'm confident in the Bills being the better overall team and being able to beat the Chargers in Buffalo in the playoffs should that matchup happen.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Chiefs are collapsing under the weight of their own expectations, they aren’t without talent, obviously, but they need to get their heads out of their backsides in a big hurry, only five games in, with three losses, and a lot of season to go, imo they can’t afford more than two more losses and still feel good about themselves. Go ahead, flame away…, 😁

On 10/11/2021 at 2:28 PM, zevo said:

😳

anyone figure out what diggs was doing on that long catch? was he trying to let the defender run by him and then circle around him? weird after the catch run

I believe that drive ended in a FG too. Good thing it wasn’t costly.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, zevo said:

😳

anyone figure out what diggs was doing on that long catch? was he trying to let the defender run by him and then circle around him? weird after the catch run

On 10/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Hebert19 said:

My gut tells me he lost where he was on the field and thought he was already in.  It looked like he was looking back to celebrate then went oh *****. 

Cover21 talked about this play…his take was that Diggs probably lost track of the DB, perhaps thinking he was closer than he was.  I mean, let’s face it, a receiver isn’t typically running wide open 60 yards down the field.  I’m sure Diggs is pissed at himself for not scoring on that play.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:55 PM, Utah John said:

I hate to point this out, but Allen underthrew that ball.  Diggs had his guy beat by a mile, and if Allen had put it out 5 yards more that would have been a TD.  OK, so it was in the air at least 60 yards so I'll cut him some slack.

Diggs was so wide open Allen couldn't afford the chance of overthrowing him. That throw was by design.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Bills are the most talented team. 

I wonder what the wizards at PFF are looking at?  They have the Titans starting Offense graded higher than the historically excellent [DVOA] Bills starting Defense which has allowed 64 points in 5 games.  They have the Bills Offense which leads the league in scoring 172 points, graded lower than the Titans Offense which has scored 40 points less than the Bills.  Something wrong with their methodology.

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah I’ll echo that hitting a guy in stride who has his man beat by 20 yards is probably not the best situational throw. Better to toss it up and let the receiver make an easy catch.

I think what happened to Diggs there is it was an abnormal play for him - how often do you get to camp under a bomb with no defenders near? - so when he caught it he had no idea where the defense was. His reaction actually looked like a preparation to get hit or to evaded a defender. It ended up looking odd because he eventually realized no one was actually near him.

7 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I wonder what the wizards at PFF are looking at?  They have the Titans starting Offense graded higher than the historically excellent [DVOA] Bills starting Defense which has allowed 64 points in 5 games.  They have the Bills Offense which leads the league in scoring 172 points, graded lower than the Titans Offense which has scored 40 points less than the Bills.  Something wrong with their methodology.

PFF is owned by Cris Collinsworth. That says all you need to know about PFF. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Since it’s related 

"Buffalo, they could win it all," Favre said on Sirius XM Radio. "It's way premature but they have the pieces in place, and the experience to win at all."

"I think the Bills are the best team in football right now, and it's not even close," Brees told WWL's SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert, Kristian Garic and Mike Detillier. "What they've done defensively; they've pitched two shutouts in the last four games. Offensively, they scored darn near 40 points a game."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-brett-favre-and-drew-brees-think-the-bills-are-set-up-for-success

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, billsfan89 said:

I think the Bills will have at least one or two more losses. Teams have flat games it happens. The Bucs and Saints (on a Thursday) are games I can see giving the Bills issues. 

The goal should be 14-3 which hopefully should be good enough for a bye.

The goal should be to win ‘em all!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.