So what is the Defensive Gameplan?

Straight Hucklebuck

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thanks for this comment, I agree with you. 

Greg Cosell talks about Hill in the slot running deep posts. 

And if you can only double one player because the defense is tilted too much, then it has to be Hill. 

Could the Bills utilize 3-Safety looks and put a coverage Safety on Kelce?

I would the Bills need to put as much speed on the field as possible for this game. I don’t believe that Milano or Poyer will be out they were kept out as a precaution last week. 

Don’t be surprised if the defense is something along the lines of Epenesa, Rousseau, Oliver, Hughes on the Dline

DE: Epenesa

DT- Rousseau

DT- Oliver

DE-Hughes

LB- Milano

LB- Edmunds

CB- White

CB-Wallace

CB-Johnson 

SAF- Poyer

SAF- Hyde

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would the Bills need to put as much speed on the field as possible for this game. I don’t believe that Milano or Poyer will be out they were kept out as a precaution last week. 

Don’t be surprised if the defense is something along the lines of Epenesa, Rousseau, Oliver, Hughes on the Dline

DT- Rousseau

DT- Oliver

DE-Hughes

LB- Milano

LB- Edmunds

CB- White

CB-Wallace

CB-Johnson 

SAF- Poyer

SAF- Hyde

Yeah would love to see Epenesa and Rousseau make a substantial impact this game. If so it could be the difference maker.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

DT- Rousseau

DT- Oliver

DE-Hughes

LB- Milano

LB- Edmunds

CB- White

CB-Wallace

CB-Johnson 

SAF- Poyer

SAF- Hyde

That was a key takeaway from the AFCCG, the speed disparity Chiefs offense, Bills defense. 

I like the action we were getting from our dbs rushing the qb in the Miami game. But I fear what Mahomes would do to us if we used a db to rush. 

Still, if they get there fast enough could catch Mahomes off guard and could lead to a turnover or two. 

Im excited about the game but really don’t feel all that optimistic about a win. Kinda need to see it to believe it against the chiefs at this point. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I like the idea of bringing down a Nickel corner to jam Hill when applicable. If the Bills are going to double him anyways, jam him with Neal, or a like player, then trail him with Tre White. 

Have the player that jams Hill initially stay in low-zone to cover quick turn around routes, screens, as well as spy Mahomes. 

Maybe the jam delays Hills from open speed, leaving only one safety over the top. 

Same as it should be every week. Rush the passer with four guys and drop into zone coverage. That is what the Bills are built to do. Beane upgraded the DL and it is time for them to deliver.

Any good QB eats up the blitz most of the time. The key is to sprinkle in some blitz packages enough that you get a big play from time to time. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup, this is what I'm saying. 

Making a definitive stand and living with it. 

Regular Season 2020 Week 6:

Rainy night, play two deep Safeties all night, and the Chiefs run all over the Bills interior defense (without Star L). 

AFC Championship Game

No idea what the game plan was. I only watched the game live, and never went back to rewatch it. I feel like we gave every player 10-15 yards of cushion and it was simply run 14 yards, ball arrives in stride, and Kelce/Hill just ran past a shell shocked secondary. 

Regular season - edmunds played all RPOs as passes.  Probably shouldve changed it up based on the weather.  

Champ game - Sat in soft zones, couldn't tackle.  They also couldn't get pressure.  Tampa basically played zone in the super bowl, but tackled better and did get pressure.  

I'm personally content to play most of the game in zone.  But they need to play very physical.  Rough them up at the LOS.  Disguise the zone concepts and man plays you sprinkle in.  Front 4 has to get pressure, blitzing opens up passing lanes in their offense.  

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don't do anything differently you wouldn't do to another good QB.  We respect Mahomes too much IMO.  Go after him, if they score, they score.  Eventually aggressiveness pays off.  They have an elite offense so they're going to move the ball at will...might as well take chances on making a play.

I like that too.

This was Cleveland’s take on Kansas City in their Playoff game and the opener.

Bring them on.

19 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Regular season - edmunds played all RPOs as passes.  Probably shouldve changed it up based on the weather.  

Champ game - Sat in soft zones, couldn't tackle.  They also couldn't get pressure.  Tampa basically played zone in the super bowl, but tackled better and did get pressure.  

I'm personally content to play most of the game in zone.  But they need to play very physical.  Rough them up at the LOS.  Disguise the zone concepts and man plays you sprinkle in.  Front 4 has to get pressure, blitzing opens up passing lanes in their offense.  

“Front 4 has to get pressure”

It's what Beane invested in.

It’s what the Bills saw as their primary weakness, Defensive Line depth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.