So what is the Defensive Gameplan?

Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

They may put White on Hill, but I don't think that's the obvious solution. In my opinion, if they're gonna bracket Hill all game, do it with Levi and a safety. Let Tre White frustrate Kelce the way he did to Gronk.

I think that Levi has upped his game and has been good this year but is NO match for Hill's speed and would be all but worthless against him.

5 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I say double Hill and keep Kelce as locked as possible. Rush four, rotate fresh d-lineman in and hope for good pressure. If they beat us with the run game then so be it. 

Forcing KC to run should speed the game up a bit but we have to take advantage of every offensive opportunity. 

I say put Tre on Hill, pressure from front four, drop everyone else into coverage 

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Play a 3 safety Cover 3 like Tampa did in the Super Bowl. Get pressure sending 3 or 4 men. When you do blitz overload so as to force Mahomes to a sideline (preferably running left) while playing press man with 1 safety deep on Hill’s side of the field. 

Yup, that’s the common thread, getting pressure with a base (4) players. 

That will allow for more exotic coverages.

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Diggs watching the celebration. 

Wonder if Allen gets too amped for this one?

I think playing on the road will be beneficial to Josh. The competitor in him will be trying to silence the crowd 

Play a 3 safety Cover 3 like Tampa did in the Super Bowl. Get pressure sending 3 or 4 men. When you do blitz overload so as to force Mahomes to a sideline (preferably running left) while playing press man with 1 safety deep on Hill’s side of the field. 

Get him a direct line to Leslie Frazier!!!

The defensive game plan?  Hope our bevy of D-linemen wear out their OL.

But really, this game is about our offense.  The Bills need to score on 5 or 6 possessions, and I’m not talking FGs.  Josh has to be dialed in and our guys can’t put the football on the carpet.

I like this, and with as well as Jaquon played last week we now appear to have three stud safeties.  You go on with your bad self, Dr. Sack!

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Study how Tampa won the Superbowl....this from NFL.com right afterward....

Todd Bowles was the true MVP of Super Bowl LV. The Buccaneers defensive coordinator called a masterful game that had Patrick Mahomes scrambling for his life and holding the ball, and gave the Chiefs no deep shots. Bowles dropped safeties deep to negate Tyreek Hill 's speed and funnel everything underneath. The Bucs were ready for Andy Reid's normal counter, sniffing out every screen K.C. tried. Devin White was a menace, discombobulating every snap. Lavonte David helped smother Travis Kelce . Blanketing the field deep, not allowing a completion of 20-plus air yards to an offense that feasts off such plays, the Bucs controlled the game. The most dominant aspect of the game came from Tampa's defensive front, which throttled an injured Chiefs O-line. The Bucs often were through the line a second after the snap, causing Mahomes to retreat on first step. Tampa destroyed backup Chiefs offensive tackles with Shaquil Barrett constantly in Mahomes' face. The Bucs pressured Mahomes on 32.7% of his snaps while only blitzing on five snaps, per Next Gen Stats. The Bucs held Mahomes to 114 yards through three quarters and kept the Chiefs out of the end zone, earning two INTs of the star QB. It was as thorough a beating as Mahomes has experienced, and the first double-digit loss of his NFL career.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

The defensive game plan?  Hope our bevy of D-linemen wear out their OL.

But really, this game is about our offense.  The Bills need to score on 5 or 6 possessions, and I’m not talking FGs.  Josh has to be dialed in and our guys can’t put the football on the carpet.

Not sure the adjustments Bills make on Defense, in any event it will have to be better than last couple meetings with KC. Agree with you Offense needs TDs instead of FG's as much as possible.

In regards to bold, don't know what the forecast is but hopefully no wet balls will make a difference. Seemed like it was popping all over the place at times other day

Take away the deep over.  Play more coverage than blitz.  Short zones need to attack Mahomes vs sagging into coverage.  Rush 3.  Have a de or Edmunds jam Kelce every passing down, and delay rush them. 

Edited by Mat68

Think & play aggressive, hit them harder than they hitting us, every chance we get hit Mahomes, swarm to the ball.  

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

have Tre White Follow Kelce all over the field.

Have Hill Doubled

Pressure Mahomes and make the WR2 have a game to beat you.

That sounds like a great plan. 

Has there ever been a more hyped 2-2 team? They are in the Top 3 of most power rankings while last in their division. And you know what? I agree with it all ha ha.

As mentioned, the Bills OFFENSE has to outpace them. Our D has to be ready mentally. After 2 shutouts in 4 games, and 4 great performances overall, they must play hard no matter if the Chiefs score at will, keep trying to stop them and make big plays. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.