One Bills Live with Chris Brown and... Maddy Glab?

Giuseppe Tognarelli

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I find myself missing Steve's takes, and I also care about him as an individual.

Same. I can't listen to the show. Maddy seems nice, but there is nothing about her football knowledge i find the least bit interesting. Steve and Chris are funny together.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve never seen so many woman haters until this message board, holy crap 😂😂😂😂

A ridiculous comment. Has nothing to do with her gender. She’s just bad at what she does, would love to see Kay Adams replace her!!!!

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I listened to about 5 minutes of her today at the gym. She said she was happy the Chiefs won yesterday because they would have been mad and taken it out on the Bills. I promptly went to my music list.

She has no business being on the air talking about professional football.

I mean I don't like Glab either but that is a fair point and a very real thing in sports

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

The show is too long to start. Even 2 hrs is way too long Imo. 3 is just ridiculous, especially in the off season. The show should be an hr and a half tops. Brown doesnt bother me, but sometimes the homer in him comes out and I cringe. Maddy has always been annoying and the "maddy awards" is litterally the worst segment they have. She just creates new categorys every week and then "gives" the award to whoever. It's so dumb and pointless. 

It's only 2 hours now, except on Mondays after games when it is 3

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Donald Jones was almost as bad as Glab, but in different ways. Did you ever listen when he was doing the show with Murphy? It was just so painfully obvious that he put zero effort into it, and I'm pretty sure Murphy came to resent him because he was carrying the show completely by himself and he'd constantly say passive aggressive things to Jones. It was bad.

My favorite is the Locked On Bills podcast with Joe Marino. He provides some great stats following games and has a great primer for the next game each week. It's clear he knows the NFL really well. He was very negative about the Bobby Hart signing because he knew about his past performances. He does his homework.

Tasker has been all on board with masks and vaccines and everything from the beginning. He talks about it all the time. He's not as boisterous about it as Chris Brown, but he has been a full supporter, at least that's how he came across to me.

Locked On is the very very best and a daily listen, but I need much more to get me through the day

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

it’s not “we” Maddie. You didn’t put on shoulder pads and eye black, and run gunner on punt teams.

Maddie works for the organization.  It doesn’t get more “we” than that.  If you went into their offices I’d bet you would hear “we” from many people who don’t actually play on the team. 

Many fans say “we” as well and don’t have anything to do with any sports organization they root for except spend money and emotion on it.   And so what?  It’s figurative not literal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

You haters are #######s.  Everything has to be just perfect for you cry babies.  Pricks. They do their best but you gotta complain about something because it’s not exactly how you like it. 

Totally agree.  The point of the OP was to express concern about Tasker’s  whereabouts, and half the thread turns into gripes about him and his replacement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I mean I don't like Glab either but that is a fair point and a very real thing in sports

All I can do is LOL at you. The Bills are supposed to be an elite team that is going up against a team that beat them twice last year, keeping the, from going to the SB.

I don’t give a crap about how mad the Chiefs would be going into the Bills game. Once the ball is kicked off that goes out the window.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

All I can do is LOL at you. The Bills are supposed to be an elite team that is going up against a team that beat them twice last year, keeping the, from going to the SB.

I don’t give a crap about how mad the Chiefs would be going into the Bills game. Once the ball is kicked off that goes out the window.

I disagree completely, Beast of the East. I think it can affect your preparation and your mentality for the game without a doubt. You see what the Bills usually do after a loss.

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Totally agree.  The point of the OP was to express concern about Tasker’s  whereabouts, and half the thread turns into gripes about him and his replacement.

Her spots are fine. On a talk format she is really hard to listen to. So I don't.  Problem solved.

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve never seen so many woman haters until this message board, holy crap 😂😂😂😂

So I guess we're all misogynists.

Thus we critique Dabs b/c we're misandrists, Ford b/c we're racist...ad infinitum.

Best to think of us as more balanced--like, say,  misanthropic humanitarians--and you'll have a much better time here.

Just my two cents.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I can't believe it but I totally agree with this take.

I caught a portion of the show a week or so ago and Maddy said that her father was complaining to her about her always agreeing with everything that Chris said on the show and not having her own opinion..........which was followed by an awkward silence from Brown who is obviously aware that Glab just gives a longwinded agreement to everything her or Tasker say.

She is a total energy vampire.

cf4b679d495c8efd4a34cdc2293259466a4a0abd

[thumbing through my Dark Dictionary -The Sorcery Source] Vampire is male. Maddy’s just a Vamp.

Personally, I don’t mind her. Living in Florida, I’ll take any Bills news I can get and she provides daily news, tweets and the Podcast with ‘Kimmo’. I love my WNY, but we got nothin’ on sports programming like the Big Apple down State 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

Maddie works for the organization.  It doesn’t get more “we” than that.  If you went into their offices I’d bet you would hear “we” from many people who don’t actually play on the team. 

Many fans say “we” as well and don’t have anything to do with any sports organization they root for except spend money and emotion on it.   And so what?  It’s figurative not literal. 

That’s part of the complaints I’ve heard for years about OBL.  Fans write a lot of they are homers, or always finding positives, and it’s kind of silly.  They are employees of the Bills.  The reason you hear a little more fair balance on the other shows is they are WGR employees, not Bills employees.  I take that into context as sometimes the guys on the air are reaching in being positive.

For the sake of the show, I hope Steve makes it back.  It is definitely better when he is there with Brown.  I also want crazy about Murph.  He’s fine for calling the games, although he’s no Van.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.