Patriots* Fan Trolls Belichick with Billboard

devldog131

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Never understood why they did those things, I mean as good as they were there was no need for it

But were they? Very hard to tell based on level of cheating which was continuous. 

I hope someone does a "tell all" book which reveals so much that BilliCheat and Krafty are banned from NFL and Hall of Fame aka Pete Rose.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

You just basically said nothing without commenting at all on the statement I made.

Well over a 100 game sample.

Funny that is exactly what you did.

6 hours ago, timekills17 said:

As a Pats' fan, I wouldn't expect you to recall that three of the four HOF members of the SB-era Bills all departed for other teams.

As much as we like Jim Kelly, you'd be hard pressed to say he was more important than the combination of Bruce, Thurman Thomas (who went to the FREAKING DOLPHINS) and Andre Reed. Arguably Bruce and/or Thurman alone were just as important to that team's success as Jim Kelly. (P.S. Wasn't happy that Bruce and Andre went to a team that beat the Bills in a Super Bowl, but at least it wasn't in AFCE. Or the Cowboys.)

Now- I'll admit it wasn't still Levy as the coach then, and possibly some of that anger led to later frustration with Wade Phillips. Also, none of those three won a Super Bowl after departing. But although it differs in that regard, we also didn't have a coach that had won one, much less six Super Bowls either. And our fans didn't respond  with a ridiculous billboard.

Yeah, maybe it doesn't represent all Pats' fans. Or even the majority of them. But the Bills' fans didn't have even one fan put up a similar billboard. And that was when there wasn't an Internet to complain for free.

2003 yearly home attendance of NE Patriots: 547,488 (SB winning year)

1994 yearly home attendance of NE Patriots: 472,718

1992 yearly home attendance of NE Patriots: 308,409

2003 yearly home attendance of Buffalo Bills: 567,996 (6-10 record)

1994 yearly home attendance of Buffalo Bills: 595,543

1992 yearly home attendance of Buffalo Bills: 623,332

I see some difference there.

And yet fans call for McD and his coaches heads after a lost. If the GM doesn't get the players on fans wish list - fans here call for his head. My point no matter how "prideful" you and some feel you are as a fans...a lot of you act no different than any other fan. I never been one who cares who has the better fanbase type of guy. That doesn't matter to me. I give a damn if my team wins. 

and I know a lot about the bills in the 90s with Kelly and the K-gun offense. I am a pats fan and a football fan overall as well. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Disagree 2

BB's schtick is so old at this point.

We get it: you don't like the media. Tough.  The NFL is insanely popular largely because of the media.  You get paid a ton of money because of that popularity. All you're asked to do is answer a few questions once in awhile.

I'd love to see the Pats become so irrelevant that even the media doesn't care about them anymore.  The more time goes on, the more clear it becomes that Brady was a huge part of BB's success.  It was always the combo, but having a GOAT QB taking pay cuts to clear cap space, and attracting FA's who were willing to take pay cuts to play w/ the GOAT, made BB the GM's job a heck of a lot easier.  It also made it easier having a guy at QB who could consistently pull victory from the jaws of defeat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

But were they? Very hard to tell based on level of cheating which was continuous. 

I hope someone does a "tell all" book which reveals so much that BilliCheat and Krafty are banned from NFL and Hall of Fame aka Pete Rose.

Not exactly a tell all book but there is a book coming out with some interesting inside info in October.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Dont forget Tom

On 9/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, teef said:

the guy was a part of one of the biggest dynasties in all of sports, and the fan base turns in the first quarter of his second year without brady.  seems about right.

Next year we will be starting to get 10,000 Bills fans in their sparkling stadium also! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, DCbillsfan said:

"BB 62 - 74".  Is that Belicheats record without Marcia?

Look at it another way.

Without Brady as his starting QB, he is now in his 9th season (with no Brady)

In those 9 seasons:

-2 winning records, 7 losing records (including this year so far, 6 full season losing records)

-1 playoff appearance

-Overall Losing record

-Negative point differential in the teams he coached for every season without Brady except for just 1.

Those are the type of results that get you fired from multiple jobs, not results that have you considered one of the coaching greats of all time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Real McNasty said:

Amusing I guess as it sums up a large majority of Patriot bandwagon fans. 

I highly doubt if McD, Beane and Allen brought us 6 SB championships between 2002-2019 we would be A$$hats to McD/Beane post Allen. 

We probably dont let Josh go if he is still playing at a high level because McDermott truly loves his players whereas Dark hoodie is not well liked and treats his players like pawns.

Pat fans respect Bellycheck but probably truly dont like him so its easier for them to be mad at him as they see him as the one who drove brady out who is still capable of winning Superbowls

• Agree 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, Limeaid said:

Yes they absolutely were. Hate em like every Bills fan does, hate to admit it, but yes Pats were good and I think you know that. I would hope so anyways. The cheating stuff pissed me off and made me despise them even more. But all the "misinterpreting of the rules" they did does not change the fact they were still a really good team

On 9/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, YattaOkasan said:

Counter point, they are turning after a 1st round QB and a lot of UFA spending.  Not unfair of them to expect better results than last year.  But I think we agree this couldnt happen to a better fan base.

that, and Bellicheat basically drove Brady out of town to prove he could “win without him”. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2021 at 1:33 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Homerun throwforward was a long time ago, but I think we were mad at Wade for refusing to fire the special teams coach ? 

I have to agree that given this exact set of circumstances that Bills fans would be doing the same thing. 

Not quite correct. He did fire our best special teams coach of all times, Bruce DeHaven after that game. Then he hired Ronnie Jones who had no clue about special teams. I read years ago Steve Christie was showing Jones what he was supposed to do, what kind of drills, practice regimen, etc. he was supposed to run as a coach. We lost multiple games that year due to special teams. And yes, Jones needed to go. Since Wade was unwilling to fire him, Wade needed to go. Phillips always said that he had the belief if he fired Jones Ralph would have had some other demand and kept at it just to get rid of him. If true, that blows but no matter what, Jones had to go.