Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

My dad and grandpa loved cheddar with pie.  Never got into it.  I'm a warm pie and vanilla ice cream man myself.  But oddly, I absolutely love cheddar cheese so I might have to revisit that.  It is getting into pie season for me, so we'll see.

Holy chit. Just try it. A little bite of cheddar with a big bite of homemade apple pie. Nothing better. Thank me (and your Dad and Gramps) later. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

you greatly overstate the number of people who agree with you.

We shall see.  We shifted from private business enforcement at the request of the government to private business enforcement due to the government.  

To me, there is no difference, but to many, a line is crossed when the latter happens. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Forget bringing medical records or covid positives from however long ago.. I’m saying those people shouldn’t need to be vaccinated right now,  but of course we can’t have 1/2 the crowd at the gates pouring through medical records. 

As I said to Hapless…

True, there are false negatives for covid tests.   There will be covid positive vaxxed.  Neither solution is full proof, yet one is enforced and the other denied entry.  

To me, that’s clearly political.  If this wasn’t being used as a cudgel to increase vaccinations in the community, negative tests would be allowed… as they are in the dome at Syracuse … as I just found out is being done at the Peace Center in South Carolina where a comedian I like is performing.  That’s fine by me.  I’ll go schedule my test before the event. 

That policy at the Carrier Dome (for the game against Rutgers) was coupled with a mask mandate, but it was obvious from the telecast that no one at the game was wearing a mask.  Now the SU administration is under pressure to change the policy.  Wouldn't surprise me if they change the policy to proof of vaccine only to gain admission.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CuseBill said:

That policy at the Carrier Dome (for the game against Rutgers) was coupled with a mask mandate, but it was obvious from the telecast that no one at the game was wearing a mask.  Now the SU administration is under pressure to change the policy.  Wouldn't surprise me if they change the policy to proof of vaccine only to gain admission.

Unfortunately, for me as a Syracuse fan, they can probably have 6 feet of social distancing for the rest of their home games after that Rutgers performance. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

My dad and grandpa loved cheddar with pie.  Never got into it.  I'm a warm pie and vanilla ice cream man myself.  But oddly, I absolutely love cheddar cheese so I might have to revisit that.  It is getting into pie season for me, so we'll see.

@BringBackFergy, @Johnnycage46There’s something called a pineapple casserole from the kitchen of Paula Deen that includes a heavy dose of cheddar cheese in a pie type mixture that my wife has to have at every holiday meal of any kind, and it’s really quite good!

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/pineapple-casserole/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Why would you have bought them in the first place with no protocols in place? 

Bought them while there was protocols in place. I will leave it at that. 

33 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have a picture of my vaccination card on my phone.  Are you saying that’s acceptable?

No according to them has to be the original card or one of the approved Digital Apps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Reading through this thread, I wonder how many Flat-Earthers we have on this board.

I put a level on the ground and bubble stayed in the middle. Not to mention the level didn't tip. 

What more evidence do you need?

😁

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 7

19 minutes ago, Governor said:

They already have that worked out. There’s an app that you download and then you upload your vaccine card AND a photo of yourself, they verify it beforehand, THEN you show it on your phone at the gate.

So, it’s a felony that also has your face/photo attached to it.

And that is why they are not allowing that. And you have to show the physical card.  Use one of the Gov apps 

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@BringBackFergy, @Johnnycage46There’s something called a pineapple casserole from the kitchen of Paula Deen that includes a heavy dose of cheddar cheese in a pie type mixture that my wife has to have at every holiday meal of any kind, and it’s really quite good!

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/pineapple-casserole/

Thanks for sharing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So how much of the stadium revenue is concessions, and how much is tickets?  Anyone know?

Now. I'd think a family of 4 would probably push the concessions over. 

10 years ago, the rocks cost was basically the same as Utahs social tax where you payed to go to a bar and then drop a s-ton on drinking and food. 

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I like pie. Apple pie. With a chunk of sharp cheddar. And a glass of cold 2% milk. 

YOU lost me at the sharp cheddar.   Do our forces @ Fort Ann know you're supposed to be invading Vermont, NOT Wisconsin! 😏 

Guess too late now... Hope @Johnny Hammersticksdoesn't find out, you guys will be sharing pie! Just want to let you know, all of New York, ancestral New Yorkers are rooting for you! Don't go native in enemy territory! 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Poloncarz also mentioned cases growing up there?  I don’t know, im not there, but they’re subsiding down here in FL/GA/SC.  Some of the stories have been proven false, like the Oklahoma story about gunshot victims being denied hospital beds due to overcrowding, so I’d caution in believing what you hear re: some of the stories down south.   We certainly have had a spike, and the people here (majority) are ok with that in exchange for more freedom.  It’s not that way up in NY so different decisions are made. 

Sure, a negative test could be wrong but we’re letting in vaxxed people with no testing at all.  Neither is full proof, so why just the one?   

It is what it is.   Seems this board is representative of America.  Half love this, half hate it.  Probably the most divisive issue I’ve ever seen in my life.  

it actually isn’t. Never has been and polls show it still isn’t with well over 60% agreeing with Vax Mandates. Because we ALWAYS have had them. 

• Like (+1) 2