Per Nick Wright: Bills will be a fringe contender.

Leonitas

On 10/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Mr. K said:

Nick Wright is just playing his part. However, I enjoy not liking this guy. I'm sure he is fine as a human but his persona is very similar to Jim Rome and Clay Travis. I'm sure KC fans love him though. 

Yep, you got it.  People need to understand that Nick Wright does schtick for TV.   Like Stephen A. the whole successful recipe is to be a provocateur on TV.  Take a side, be opinionated.   If Nick towed the company line that Buffalo should be #1 in every poll it wouldn't be much fun for him or his ratings.  He's got Dallas up there as his #1 favorite today..  That makes for arguments, debate and ratings I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

DMA, the teams you list from him are some of the best, but so are the Ravens and Browns, Bucs and Cards as you mention, and us.

These are his listings not mine. I don't think any of them aren't good but Cowboys, Rams, Packers, and Chargers all over the Cardinals, Bucs and Bills is interesting and his reasoning of the Bills is they lost week 1 to a healthy Steelers team that had a whole offseason to plan and still needed a phantom PI, soke amazing catches, and Daboll to try and sabotage the game in the 2nd half to win

Poor Nick is just an embattled KC fan that should never be quoted. He's so crushed by the drubbing the Bills served up that he refuses to discuss the game or his team's lackluster performance. He is articulate in an arrogant, holier than thou way and he considers our team pretenders because KC has a mandate to go to the SB since they won it 2 years ago and Mahomes is God. He's lost is objectivity and has been rendered impotent. Very sad for a guy who makes his living analyzing games.

22 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

First time I have watched that show.  

It’s acting and comedy, not football coverage at all.  

Same here.  I have seen some of clips people have posted.

I laughed through the whole thing.  This is what people are upset about?

If no one gave him clicks he would be replaced by someone doing the exact same thing.

It's all a show.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He doesn't eat any crow he's just playing it up as a hater.

Cowherd basically let him off the hook today. I’m not at all upset because I recognize it for what it is. Nothing to see here, because that’s exactly what he wants. 

He started this schtick last week and continued it today.  If you loved his tiers, wait until you see his MVP..  I find him entertaining.  It's entertainment folks..  This is totally scripted.  When you hear him talk off the cuff, you see that he doesn't believe half the stuff he puts out on the air..

By the way, my MVP list as of today is:

Brady (playing outstanding)

Prescott (played better competition)

Allen (On a roll against lesser teams until Sunday)

When Allen beats Brady, then he will have earned the top spot.  Prescott is the wild card here, but they have some tough teams ahead.  I don't see Brady giving it up anytime soon...

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yep, you got it.  People need to understand that Nick Wright does schtick for TV.   Like Stephen A. the whole successful recipe is to be a provocateur on TV.  Take a side, be opinionated.   If Nick towed the company line that Buffalo should be #1 in every poll it wouldn't be much fun for him or his ratings.  He's got Dallas up there as his #1 favorite today..  That makes for arguments, debate and ratings I guess.  

"Future favorites" made me laugh. At least he sticks to it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.