Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They got 10 wins last year with a rookie QB playing poorly and Fitz typically good week/bad week type of play.

And when you look at their roster from top to bottom it's hard to argue they are at worse equal to the Bills minus QB.

I will agree that Flores seems to be playing with fire with not only how he handled the QB position last year, but how he's all but publicly admit Tua isn't the answer with all this Watson speculation especially if they are willing to give anything close to what Houston is apparently asking for in a trade.

They threw Fitz in there almost every game to get those wins.  Miami is about a 6 win team IMO.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And when you look at their roster from top to bottom it's hard to argue they are at worse equal to the Bills minus QB.

One of the most laughable statements I've seen in my time at TBD.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They got 10 wins last year with a rookie QB playing poorly and Fitz typically good week/bad week type of play.

I will agree that Flores seems to be playing with fire with not only how he handled the QB position last year, but how he's all but publicly admit Tua isn't the answer with all this Watson speculation especially if they are willing to give anything close to what Houston is apparently asking for in a trade.

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

What exactly do they have on offense couple of good WR’s what else ???? 

36 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Did you watch week 17? They aren’t in the same class as Buffalos backups

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They weren’t even competitive against the Bills backups in a must win game. They aren’t even close 

I don't want to get cocky. Their GM seems to be avoiding some of the dysfunction that plagued the Phins in the 2010's and they seem to have some talent.

But yeah they got spanked by Matt Barkley and the 2s in a game that they had to win to squeak into the newly created 7th playoff spot. To say that transplanting even an above average QB into that mix equaling a Super Bowl seems premature.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

CS, I’ll take you at you’re word as you’ve always seemed to be a fair minded guy.  I just don’t know how well informed you’re scout is on the inner workings of Miami and Houston. Everything you wrote may be true.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion Miami’s getting DW, but it’s possible.  It’s also not assumed he is innocent and a $ grab.  Who the heck goes to 20+ different massage therapists.  That is highly abnormal for a professional athlete and a regular Joe.  For people that believe in this therapy, they normally lock into 1-2 people.  

A solid correlation is of you believe

in chiro, you normally lock into one person because you trust the person.

I don’t get the 4 either.

Machine, those are not my words, that is all from the MiaFins31 guy on the Dolphins fan board--the one Doc linked earlier. I have no idea if it is true or not (see my opening explanation). Just brought it here to give us a peak and for the entertainment value.

However, what I found most interesting is that in some ways, he verifies our (as in TBD posters') perspective of Tua. I think he is average at best. If the Fins brain-thurst also thinks that, then a trade for Watson, even with all the baggage, may make sense.

But again, not my words, just some guy named MiaFins31 on their fan board claiming to have this inside info from an anonymous scout friend. As I said, I stake no claim to its veracity.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I would say Buffalo has a slight edge at most spots outside of OLine where Buffalo has a significant edge. Miami does undoubtedly have a good roster though and if Tua plays the way he has in the preseason, they're probably a playoff team and a legitimate threat for the division if we slip up for some reason.

30 minutes ago, Putin said:

What exactly do they have on offense couple of good WR’s what else ???? 

Offensive line is rock solid albeit no star type players, Gesicki is a stud TE (top 5 -8 for sure), and their RB's are at worse equal to the Bills in Gaskin/Brown vs. Motor/Moss.

If anything their defense is what would concern me given the absurd talent their at just about every position but as long as JA17 keeps doing thing against them I suppose we are good.

Like I mentioned before, even with a marginally improved Tua their floor should be 10 wins. They get a guy like Watson they will be a SB team (at least in the eyes of the media).

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Offensive line is rock solid albeit no star type players, Gesicki is a stud TE (top 5 -8 for sure), and their RB's are at worse equal to the Bills in Gaskin/Brown vs. Motor/Moss.

If anything their defense is what would concern me given the absurd talent their at just about every position but as long as JA17 keeps doing thing against them I suppose we are good.

Like I mentioned before, even with a marginally improved Tua their floor should be 10 wins. They get a guy like Watson they will be a SB team (at least in the eyes of the media).

Sorry I stopped reading after the part about OL being rock solid !! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

I really hope they do.  0 chance he plays this year.  Some level of doubt he plays again.  Dolphins have the ammo to pull it off.  If the Texans get Miamis 2 1s and 2 2s in 2022 and Tua im all for it.  

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea their oline was a mess last year still. I liked the Eichenburg pick in the draft but I believe he has been hurt a lot so far. 

Austin Jackson last year’s 1st round pick is a BUST  2nd round pick G Robert Hunt can’t crack the staring lineup , even Eichenburg was meh in the preseason and is now hurt ,  

Lets see what happens week one in New England but my guess it won’t be pretty 

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

Austin Jackson last year’s 1st round pick is a BUST  2nd round pick G Robert Hunt can’t crack the staring lineup , even Eichenburg was meh in the preseason and is now hurt ,  

Lets see what happens week one in New England but my guess it won’t be pretty 

Did Eich play in the pre-season? I thought he missed all the games. 

Yea I did not like Jackson much (didn't hate him as much as Blokes) and I did detest Hunt. Never understood the buzz he got in the run up to that draft. As a late day 3 flier? Sure. A day 2 pick? No way.